Old 01-11-2016, 03:17 PM   #71

13 weeks and counting.....

Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #72
Toy-aholic

I was told ahead of time done in a week, but ended up being 2 because they had trouble getting the old decals off (so they said)

Old 01-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #73

I want to give a shout out to prime time , I went to my local dealer last summer about my fading cap on our 2013 crusader they contacted prime time and took care of everything, we agreed to have it painted . My dealer and I agreed to do the work after camping season . It went in the first week of November and they said I would take a couple weeks and i was ok with that . Well after a few week of waiting I got a phone call from the dealer saying its going to take longer (I was thinking bad news ) he said there body shop refused to paint it thinking it could fade through again ( ok now what ) . Well prime time replaced the front cap and decals at no cost to me😀 I seen the old cap so I know they replaced it like they said the would. Thank you to you and our local dealer for such great customer service.😀

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #74
Somewhat right of center

Had mine done last year and told the guy not to put the decal on the front. I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	without decals.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	99520  
Old 02-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #75

I too have a 2012 wildcat sterling that looked like tstillman, but the back of my unit was also faded to the point that the back looked almost white.
after talking with the wildcat reps at goshen it was agreed upon that if i took it back to there elkhart service center they would replace the back skin and repaint the cap,
took it over last November they had it about three weeks brought it home put it in storage for the winter.
it did look good well see how it last
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #76

Muddyrode, sound like the Wildcat reps did right by you. That's good to hear and better to know they stepped up.

Congrats, and hope you have a great year with one thing less to worry about.

Tom Stillman
Vancouver, WA
2012 Forest River Wildcat Sterling Edition
2010 Ford F350 Super cab (With all the junk taken off) With H&S tuner and set of bags on the back.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #77

If they replace the cap won't it fade just like the old one? What assurances are they giving folks that they have fixed the paint issue on new ones?

I remember how cars from the 1980's used to fade badly, even Hondas & Toyotas, but the industry fixed the problem by the 1990's. Why are RV manufacturers so far behind on the learning curve? If they spent $50 more in paint per unit they could get this right... And if they spent about $100 more in tires per unit they wouldn't be placing all of our lives at risk... I had to dig-around and find a used 2011 TT to find one with decent Q&C... We would eventually love to buy a MH, but the Q&C is getting worse every year vs. better...
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #78
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Prime Time

I have owned my unit a bit longer than a year and a half. My dealer really dropped the ball big time over the course of the first year while it was under warranty. They FINALLY got it right.....at least I hope. After 8 trips, they got my slides adjusted such that they look right and operate smoothly....but.....still not happy, but close enough. That said, when I picked it up last time, the kid they had adjusting my slide....adjusted the slide out trim with a pair of vice grips, bending and gouging the metal badly. Parts are on order.

So far, my 290 has no sign of the brown cap fade syndrome. My rig (when not at the dealer.....who has had it almost as much as I have) lives under my solar panel structure, in full shade except for a bit in the early am and late pm. I am hoping for the best, that mine does not get the dreaded fade.

I also have to sing praises of happiness for Rick at P.T. as he has been most excellent to work with, and going over and above with getting my repairs expedited. PT has been great to me, but not the dealer. Would I buy another PT? Yes, but most certainly from a different dealer, as my experience with this dealer's warranty department has been a dismal lesson in futility and met with even lower expectations of quality.
A Loving wife and Mason the always dirty dog!
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rhino View Post
If they replace the cap won't it fade just like the old one? What assurances are they giving folks that they have fixed the paint issue on new ones?

I remember how cars from the 1980's used to fade badly, even Hondas & Toyotas, but the industry fixed the problem by the 1990's. Why are RV manufacturers so far behind on the learning curve? If they spent $50 more in paint per unit they could get this right... And if they spent about $100 more in tires per unit they wouldn't be placing all of our lives at risk... I had to dig-around and find a used 2011 TT to find one with decent Q&C... We would eventually love to buy a MH, but the Q&C is getting worse every year vs. better...

The problem with these caps is in the inferior fiberglass/gelcoat, NOT paint. The caps are not painted to begin with. As mentioned in other posts, this is/was an industry wide issue not specific to any particular manufacturer. Most manufacturers have been painting them to solve the issue. Hopefully by now, any new/replacement caps have had their manufacturing materials/process improved.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #80

My crusader has the dreaded white fade cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
Had mine done last year and told the guy not to put the decal on the front. I like it.

How much does a repaint cost because a used one I am looking at buying is white with faded brown cap?

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
crusader