Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

my Lacrosse already has issues HELP

Ive had my new trailer for less then 24 hours and have already found a major problem. The trailer is supposed to have a galley tank that according to the dealer collects water from the kitchen sink and thats it. The grey tank collects from the bath tub and bathroom sink, and obviously the black collects sewer. Well i wanted to make sure all tanks worked. So i turn on the bath tub and its starts to fill the galley tank? opposite of what they said but I can deal with that. The big problem is though IT DOESNT DRAIN. There are only two handles outside one gray and one black. So now im fuming that it doesnt work so I figure ill try the kitchen sink. Guess what, it fills the gray tank and once its full it only drained about a 5 gallon bucket. IM FURIOUS. Any suggestions before I have to take it back to the dealer an hour away. Galley reads full, gray is 2/3
6.4 tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #2

Tow rig, check under the camper for a third dump valve for the galley. I have a 290rlt fifth wheel and the galley drain valve is under the camper. The valve handle goes through the frame. As far as the gauges, they may be wired backwards. The galley readout may be reading the contents of the grey tank and vice versa. As far as it not draining, make sure the camper is level or leaning to the drain valve side. There may be some pluggage or a vent issue.

2004 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
16K Curt manual slider hitch
2011 Prime Time Crusader 290RLT
rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #3

2 hrs later I found my problem. The vent stack on the roof had plastic under the cap. Once it was taken off water shot out like a cannon. Only problem remaining is the tanks are wired wrong to the monitor
Old 03-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #4

Herk7769 previously posted a .pdf from the tank monitor mfg, showing the wiring diagram

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ring-5740.html (See post #6)

This might help you re-wire your rig at the panel, instead of underneath.

John

PS. I attached the manual below...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M21 WD.pdf (70.0 KB, 48 views)
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalik282 View Post
Herk7769 previously posted a .pdf from the tank monitor mfg, showing the wiring diagram

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ring-5740.html (See post #6)

This might help you re-wire your rig at the panel, instead of underneath.

John

PS. I attached the manual below...
Hey thanks, Ill check into it.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #6

I'm not sure if the 318BHS's are built the same, but on my 303RKS the grey (bathroom sink and shower) and galley (kitchen sink) tanks are 30 gals each and they are tied together. As one or the other fills up (usually the grey fills faster) they willl equalize. Of course as your grey tank fills and spills over into the galley the indicator lights will show the galley filling even though your not using the kitchen sink.

If you have one dump handle for the grey and galley tanks and one for the black tank, then I would guess your set up is like mine.

Other 318BHS owners or RVGuy should be able to tell you for sure.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Steve Jackson

My 2011 flagstaff 29bhss has a second dumping outlet under the slide out for the galley tank. Check there if you haven't already.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I'm not sure if the 318BHS's are built the same, but on my 303RKS the grey (bathroom sink and shower) and galley (kitchen sink) tanks are 30 gals each and they are tied together. As one or the other fills up (usually the grey fills faster) they willl equalize. Of course as your grey tank fills and spills over into the galley the indicator lights will show the galley filling even though your not using the kitchen sink.

If you have one dump handle for the grey and galley tanks and one for the black tank, then I would guess your set up is like mine.

Other 318BHS owners or RVGuy should be able to tell you for sure.
I bet you are exactly right, and thats the reason for the weird readings on the gauges. I bet when I was filling the galley or grey water seperatley it was equalizing as one or the other filled, so maybe they arent mis labeled after all. I have spoken with RV guy a couple times and he has been wonderful. Im hoping maybe tomorrow he will read this and verify.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
Ive had my new trailer for less then 24 hours and have already found a major problem. The trailer is supposed to have a galley tank that according to the dealer collects water from the kitchen sink and thats it. The grey tank collects from the bath tub and bathroom sink, and obviously the black collects sewer. Well i wanted to make sure all tanks worked. So i turn on the bath tub and its starts to fill the galley tank? opposite of what they said but I can deal with that. The big problem is though IT DOESNT DRAIN. There are only two handles outside one gray and one black. So now im fuming that it doesnt work so I figure ill try the kitchen sink. Guess what, it fills the gray tank and once its full it only drained about a 5 gallon bucket. IM FURIOUS. Any suggestions before I have to take it back to the dealer an hour away. Galley reads full, gray is 2/3

Other than finding the plastic under your roof vent, all the info from our fellow PT crew menbers is correct. However, when dumping, (especially on the 303 RKS's rear kitchen) and depending on where exactly they mounted your galley tank, it can take an extra long time for the galley tank to completely drain. This is because they can't "pitch" the galley dump pipe too steeply or the dump outlet would be hanging too low. And if you are nosed up in the front too much, it may not drain completely at all. I always try to get to the dump station where I can be "nosed down" and sometimes I even pull the trailer up onto a board on the curb side so as to "tilt" the TT towards the drain valve.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
Commercial Member

6.4 - Your two gray tanks are plumbed together per the posts above. There would only be one pull handle for BOTH these tanks. The black is by itself for the toilet AND the sink for the outdoor kitchen.

What kind of "plastic" was on the vent? There's no reason we can think of for any plastic to be up there.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #11

Looked like cellaphane or a piece. Thin plastic bag. No writing or anything
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Commercial Member

We will review some things here to see if there could be an answer but at this time we don't know what that was or how it got there - just an apology as it should not have been there. Sorry to create the issue.

PTM
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #13

Customer service has been great, I appreciate all the answers
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #14

Just ended shakedown trip with our 303RKS and found out about grey and and galley not doumping with the nose uphill, drained very slow and not very much (also found some construction material pluging up valve also). I left valve open on the 20 mile trip home to shake material loose and everything drained good on the level parking area at homeport.

Other than a few minor issues, we like the LaCrosse better than we thought we would.

RV Guy, Just 2 more wins.

Let's all have a great Prime Time RVing experience.
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Wildwood - good news!

Not to hijack the thread, but since you brought it up. Had a very cool experience over the weekend at the Regional Championships in St. Louis where several members of the team including Thomas Robinson signed a photo for my daughter - pic enclosed. Rock Chalk!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TRob Autograph.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	11392
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
Current River Rat

If we had known you were going to be visiting we would have thrown a party :-}
Just got my new Grey Wolf on the 14th and so far very minor issues. Minor water leak under kitchen sink (easy fix) and the DVD player says not formatted to play in this region. Hopefully I can get that squared away easily. Looking forward to giving it a good test run next weekend.