Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Member
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
my Lacrosse already has issues HELP

Ive had my new trailer for less then 24 hours and have already found a major problem. The trailer is supposed to have a galley tank that according to the dealer collects water from the kitchen sink and thats it. The grey tank collects from the bath tub and bathroom sink, and obviously the black collects sewer. Well i wanted to make sure all tanks worked. So i turn on the bath tub and its starts to fill the galley tank? opposite of what they said but I can deal with that. The big problem is though IT DOESNT DRAIN. There are only two handles outside one gray and one black. So now im fuming that it doesnt work so I figure ill try the kitchen sink. Guess what, it fills the gray tank and once its full it only drained about a 5 gallon bucket. IM FURIOUS. Any suggestions before I have to take it back to the dealer an hour away. Galley reads full, gray is 2/3
__________________

__________________
6.4 tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
rippa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lutcher, LA
Posts: 20
Tow rig, check under the camper for a third dump valve for the galley. I have a 290rlt fifth wheel and the galley drain valve is under the camper. The valve handle goes through the frame. As far as the gauges, they may be wired backwards. The galley readout may be reading the contents of the grey tank and vice versa. As far as it not draining, make sure the camper is level or leaning to the drain valve side. There may be some pluggage or a vent issue.
__________________

__________________

2004 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
16K Curt manual slider hitch
2011 Prime Time Crusader 290RLT
rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Member
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
2 hrs later I found my problem. The vent stack on the roof had plastic under the cap. Once it was taken off water shot out like a cannon. Only problem remaining is the tanks are wired wrong to the monitor
__________________
6.4 tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
kalik282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 307
6.4,
Herk7769 previously posted a .pdf from the tank monitor mfg, showing the wiring diagram

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ring-5740.html (See post #6)

This might help you re-wire your rig at the panel, instead of underneath.

John

PS. I attached the manual below...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M21 WD.pdf (70.0 KB, 31 views)
__________________
John & Nicole
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0L 4x4
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Member
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalik282 View Post
6.4,
Herk7769 previously posted a .pdf from the tank monitor mfg, showing the wiring diagram

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ring-5740.html (See post #6)

This might help you re-wire your rig at the panel, instead of underneath.

John

PS. I attached the manual below...
Hey thanks, Ill check into it.
__________________
6.4 tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
I'm not sure if the 318BHS's are built the same, but on my 303RKS the grey (bathroom sink and shower) and galley (kitchen sink) tanks are 30 gals each and they are tied together. As one or the other fills up (usually the grey fills faster) they willl equalize. Of course as your grey tank fills and spills over into the galley the indicator lights will show the galley filling even though your not using the kitchen sink.

If you have one dump handle for the grey and galley tanks and one for the black tank, then I would guess your set up is like mine.

Other 318BHS owners or RVGuy should be able to tell you for sure.
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
Steve Jackson
 
sideout1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Holyoke, Ma
Posts: 381
My 2011 flagstaff 29bhss has a second dumping outlet under the slide out for the galley tank. Check there if you haven't already.
__________________
2011 Dodge Ram 5.7 HEMI
2011 Flagstaff Classic 29bhss
sideout1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Member
 
6.4 tow rig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I'm not sure if the 318BHS's are built the same, but on my 303RKS the grey (bathroom sink and shower) and galley (kitchen sink) tanks are 30 gals each and they are tied together. As one or the other fills up (usually the grey fills faster) they willl equalize. Of course as your grey tank fills and spills over into the galley the indicator lights will show the galley filling even though your not using the kitchen sink.

If you have one dump handle for the grey and galley tanks and one for the black tank, then I would guess your set up is like mine.

Other 318BHS owners or RVGuy should be able to tell you for sure.
I bet you are exactly right, and thats the reason for the weird readings on the gauges. I bet when I was filling the galley or grey water seperatley it was equalizing as one or the other filled, so maybe they arent mis labeled after all. I have spoken with RV guy a couple times and he has been wonderful. Im hoping maybe tomorrow he will read this and verify.
__________________
6.4 tow rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
Ive had my new trailer for less then 24 hours and have already found a major problem. The trailer is supposed to have a galley tank that according to the dealer collects water from the kitchen sink and thats it. The grey tank collects from the bath tub and bathroom sink, and obviously the black collects sewer. Well i wanted to make sure all tanks worked. So i turn on the bath tub and its starts to fill the galley tank? opposite of what they said but I can deal with that. The big problem is though IT DOESNT DRAIN. There are only two handles outside one gray and one black. So now im fuming that it doesnt work so I figure ill try the kitchen sink. Guess what, it fills the gray tank and once its full it only drained about a 5 gallon bucket. IM FURIOUS. Any suggestions before I have to take it back to the dealer an hour away. Galley reads full, gray is 2/3

Other than finding the plastic under your roof vent, all the info from our fellow PT crew menbers is correct. However, when dumping, (especially on the 303 RKS's rear kitchen) and depending on where exactly they mounted your galley tank, it can take an extra long time for the galley tank to completely drain. This is because they can't "pitch" the galley dump pipe too steeply or the dump outlet would be hanging too low. And if you are nosed up in the front too much, it may not drain completely at all. I always try to get to the dump station where I can be "nosed down" and sometimes I even pull the trailer up onto a board on the curb side so as to "tilt" the TT towards the drain valve.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 580
6.4 - Your two gray tanks are plumbed together per the posts above. There would only be one pull handle for BOTH these tanks. The black is by itself for the toilet AND the sink for the outdoor kitchen.

What kind of "plastic" was on the vent? There's no reason we can think of for any plastic to be up there.

PTM
__________________

__________________
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.