Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #1

My new Hitch

Hello everyone. I really dont want to start a debate here, but I am very excited about my new/used Hensley Arrow Hitch. I can't wait to put this massive piece of engineering to the test.

The guy I bought it from has put 75k miles pulling with it before he switched to a fifth wheel. His knowledge and experience with the Hitch is unparalleled.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #2

What setup do you have now? TV, hitch, trailer? It will be interesting to see waht you think after the switch.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #3

I have a 318bhs TT, my TV is 2005 3/4 Ton Suburban fitted with a D-Max and Allison. Currently we tow with the standard WD Hitch (Husky) with Friction Sway Control.

One of the reasons I posted this is to give some real world experience with this hitch for the prime time folks.

After 75000 miles this hitch shows little to no wear, its amazing.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARubicon View Post
I have a 318bhs TT, my TV is 2005 3/4 Ton Suburban fitted with a D-Max and Allison. Currently we tow with the standard WD Hitch (Husky) with Friction Sway Control.

One of the reasons I posted this is to give some real world experience with this hitch for the prime time folks.

After 75000 miles this hitch shows little to no wear, its amazing.
Off subject, but who did your conversion? I know of Duraburb and I heard that there is a guy on the west coast that does the same quality of work.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #5

West Coast Guy did mine, great work.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #6

My Prime Time Tows Great !

I switched from an Equalizer Hitch to a Hensley Arrow (used and refurbished with full warranty) when we purchased our Lacrosse 301RLS, we tow over 6000 miles per year at 60MPH (Intersate) and this combination is the most relaxing and it makes the trip relaxing. (no white knuckle downhill swaying)
The only change I would recommend to anyone travelling high mileage at interstate speeds is changing the low cost tires supplied by Prime Time.
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Average 50-60 nights/yr
Walke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #7

Hensley

Enjoy your Hensley, let us know if it is an improvement or not. I think I know what your answer will be, but let us know anyway.

Hook up is easy, have had only a few times that it was a pain to hook up.
Follow the hookup procedures by Hensley, adjust them to your needs and use this modified procedure. I have found that it is easier to hook up if you move hitch back to center after unhooking, loosen your screw jacks to mid range when unhooking and all you angles should work, also I keep white grease on the stinger and in the hitch box.

If you have any quesstions, give me a shout.

We pulled the new LaCrosse over 6000 miles this year, hooked and unhooked many times without an issue. The Hensley many for some long days of towing a pleasant day of driving.

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #8

I used to think Hensley users were full of it and only sang the praises because they didn't want to admit spending so much on a hitch was crazy. But I ended up buying a used Hensley off Craigslist dirt cheap and cleaned it up. LOVE IT! We towed with it all last year and it made the drive very relaxing. Zero sway. This summer I have several big trips planned and we'll be driving straight through because I'm now comfortable enough to have the wife drive while I sleep.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwood Danny View Post

Hook up is easy, have had only a few times that it was a pain to hook up.
Follow the hookup procedures by Hensley, adjust them to your needs and use this modified procedure. I have found that it is easier to hook up if you move hitch back to center after unhooking, loosen your screw jacks to mid range when unhooking and all you angles should work, also I keep white grease on the stinger and in the hitch box.
I also marked my jacks so when I unhook and let tension off, they are always at the same position. Once I pull out, It's just a matter of lining up and a straight shot at the opening. You'll love the hitch!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #10

Well, I installed the Hensley this weekend. Everything went together easy.

My hook up location in my driveway is interesting, the nose of the trailer points down, the nose of the tow vehicle points up and the tow vehicle sits at an angle side to side. To read other posts regarding the Hensley this would be a a disaster waiting to happen.

But I had no issues hooking up or unhooking, I found there to be a lot of adjustment in the system to allow for aligning the stinger.

Tows awesome, tracks straight.