Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

The Equal-i-zer 4 pt should serve you well.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #22

Thanks for all your help and clearing this all up for me....
ky joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

I hope we have lead you on a path of stress free and safe towing.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #24

KY Joe,
I have a 318 and use the reese strait line dual cam, when it is properly adjusted, you should be good. I dont get any sway. The dealer delivered mine and the set up was all wrong, it swayed and just didnt feel right. I went to the Reese website, and they have great directions on how to adjust the hitch. I followed all the measurements in their instructions, and now it is perfect. Plus that was towing with a Dodge 1500..
I ll be doing the whole process again, becasue I just bought a Dodge 2500 and it sits higher, so I will need to re adjust everything again. Should be a snap, the directions on Reese's website were great.
Also, if you do need to purchase a new setup, I fould my setup online for $500, included everything except the ball (Shank, cams, 1200LB trunion bars, brackets , and chains) It is the Strait Line 1200 Dual Cam...

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #25

pulled my 318BHS with a friction brake sway dealer set up all over the road. Talk to a hitch shop intown told that nothing is better than the friction brake install two you will have no problem. I did not belive them look in to a daul cam sway For the money I would give it a try. I will never buy a friction sway control again could not be happer with the dual cam.
typical.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #26

I also installed Firestone air bags with a wireless remote control along with a Reese 15,000 lb sway control hitch on my 2011 F250 diesel 2 wheel drive. With the wireless air bags you can rise and lower the rear of your truck as your going down the interstate. I found that by adjusting my air bags up to 40 psi I do not need the sway bars on most on time. I'm just caring them in the bed most of the time now, saving them for windy days only.
With wireless air adjustable ride height it really makes it easy to find the "sweet spot" for towing your trailer.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote