Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372
I would like some info on the problems with the 6.7? Both the GM and Ford must use the DEF now, but Dodge will use it next year to meet the EPA rules, read this in Trailer Life. While i have not had the new 250 very long, it sure seems solid and I don't know that I am towing a 30 FW back there!
You always hear about the one problem that all manufacturers have and never hear about the thousands of good ones. I bought a Ford based upon the fact that their quality ratings have been steadily improving and they managed their company efficiently enough to avoid the taxpayer funded bailout.
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB449 View Post
You always hear about the one problem that all manufacturers have and never hear about the thousands of good ones. I bought a Ford based upon the fact that their quality ratings have been steadily improving and they managed their company efficiently enough to avoid the taxpayer funded bailout.
I agree with you. I have seen and owned good ones of all makes I have been lucky never had a lemon those are the ones we all hear about the most.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #43

True, most people come online to complain instead of praise their trucks. When things normal it's not big deal, but change one aspect of a perfect life and everyone has to hear about it LOL

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ
True, most people come online to complain instead of praise their trucks. When things normal it's not big deal, but change one aspect of a perfect life and everyone has to hear about it LOL
You are right on
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #45

"You always hear about the one problem that all manufacturers have and never hear about the thousands of good ones."
================================================
My experience is that people just don't want to hear anything bad about their vehicle, and truck owners are the worst, especially after they just shelled out 40 or 50 grand for that shiny new mine-is-better-than-yours truck.
I like my old one. It might ride like a wagon when empty, but is comfortable when pulling, and doesn't give me any problems.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #46
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"You always hear about the one problem that all manufacturers have and never hear about the thousands of good ones."
================================================
My experience is that people just don't want to hear anything bad about their vehicle, and truck owners are the worst, especially after they just shelled out 40 or 50 grand for that shiny new mine-is-better-than-yours truck.
I like my old one. It might ride like a wagon when empty, but is comfortable when pulling, and doesn't give me any problems.
I agree 100%. I tend to like raw data, then the conclusions I draw are my own. I have seen the data on warranty claims per vehicle sold for the big 3. That way I had a pretty good idea which diesel's had problems down the road. Still ended up with the highest warranty claim per vehicle sold truck line, but I knew what I was getting into and it is old enough people have managed to find ways to fix most of those design defects. Of course the reason is it was much cheaper.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I agree 100%. I tend to like raw data, then the conclusions I draw are my own. I have seen the data on warranty claims per vehicle sold for the big 3. That way I had a pretty good idea which diesel's had problems down the road. Still ended up with the highest warranty claim per vehicle sold truck line, but I knew what I was getting into and it is old enough people have managed to find ways to fix most of those design defects. Of course the reason is it was much cheaper.
With that being said, you failed to say which truck you own
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #48

Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD. Nearing 200K. I wish I had a Cummins, but the resale is so high on those.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #49

Cummins from junkyard, super glue, duck tape, and your excursion is a cummins!!! Haha! .....Maybe a little more glue and scissors...
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #50

funny you should say that...I do plan to drop a 6bt after I blow up the 6.0. Cummins swaps are big business, lots of kits out there.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #51

This is the second post that I have read regarding the Ford 6.7 diesel and this is the second time that I have asked were that information is? I have a F250, 2011, diesel, CC, long bed and I have had no problems with the engine or any thing else on the truck.
If someone pulls a 5er or TT of 8 or 9 thousand pounds or more a lot, I can not belive they would recommend a gas engine?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
This is the second post that I have read regarding the Ford 6.7 diesel and this is the second time that I have asked were that information is? I have a F250, 2011, diesel, CC, long bed and I have had no problems with the engine or any thing else on the truck.
If someone pulls a 5er or TT of 8 or 9 thousand pounds or more a lot, I can not belive they would recommend a gas engine?
I thought it was about time this thread was resurected, 7 months is way too long

Diesel all the way

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
If someone pulls a 5er or TT of 8 or 9 thousand pounds or more a lot, I can not believe they would recommend a gas engine?
When we started looking to upgrade to our F350 diesel dually we were given a cd from the Ford dealer that was worth its weight in gold as far as explaining all of the Ford features.

We just have a pull behind trailer right now.....but when we do upgrade to a 5er.....we will be ready.

Only issue we have had so far was a tranny issue that has a Tech bulletin out about it and it has been fixed.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote