Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #1

New 327RES Trailer

We presently are looking for a large trailer with a bed slide out and opposed living slides. Been looking for over a month and even took manufacturers tour in Indiana. Finally just gave up thinking they no longer make such a unit. Then I remembered looking through a Lacrosse trailer last Febuary in Novi, Michigan Expo. Sure enough there's a 2013 model 327RES that has the floor plan I want. Plus it has the 50 amp 2nd Air Conditioner option. Is anyone familiar with this unit? Have any options?
Many thanks,
Bill B. (Michigan)
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Bill - this model is pretty new. We basically just added the bed slide to our 322 model that has been very popular. Most dealers just started getting them in the last 60 days.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Bill - this model is pretty new. We basically just added the bed slide to our 322 model that has been very popular. Most dealers just started getting them in the last 60 days.
PTM
Now that's a quick response. Now if General Trailer (here in Michigan) can get one in then we'll take a tour of it. Love the bedroom slide and the opposing rear slides. Just what we are looking for. Presently we have a 2007 Jayco Eagle #322FKS but we want more room and a second air conditioner.
Can't wait to see one of these.
Thanks again.....
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #4

Great news General Trailer has a couple of 327RES Lacrosses that just came in. Wife & I will be seeing them this PM....
Life is good...
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #5

We love our opposing living room slides, makes it so much more roomier in there.
How'd the looking go last night?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
We love our opposing living room slides, makes it so much more roomier in there.
How'd the looking go last night?
Spectacular interior. Loved the 4-door 12 ft frig. Loved the outside water connection station.
Disappointed with storage areas. 1 small exterior access door plus what's under the bed and under the wardrobe(no pass thru).
No electrical outlets in the main dining slideout.
No hallway window across from the bathroom door.
1 small cabinet over the kitchen counter.
1 electrical outlet in kitchen area.
Bedroom only has sliding doors not hinged.
No stainless sink.
No ceiling vent in the bedroom.
Small queen size bed (60"x74")
Opposing sofa beds not available.
2nd Air Conditioning option is $2000 adder (even called the factory and yes it's $2000).

If exterior storage on a large trailer it's not an important factor then this certainly is a great trailer.
Will now check out the 3 slide Cougar High Country # 321RES.
Happy trails,
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Hi, Bill - thanks for the feedback and suggestions on how we can improve this new model. FWIW, the option you referenced is for TWO 15,000 BTU A/Cs and 50 AMP service. Still a lot of money I know, but we did want to clarify. Best of luck.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #8

Hello Bill,
Your post couldn't have had better timing for us. We are headed to MI to look at the 327 res. We were seriously considering the 322 when the 327 came out and I was wondering if there would be enough storage. It also sounds like there is much less under storage in the 327 than the 322. Your observations about the outlets is something I hadn't thought to check out!
So....have you found anything else that we might want to take a look at since we're in search of similar floor plans? We are going to look at a 2013 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST32RLthis weekend.
contrygrl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #9

we have the 322 and love it.
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrygrl9 View Post
Hello Bill,
Your post couldn't have had better timing for us. We are headed to MI to look at the 327 res. We were seriously considering the 322 when the 327 came out and I was wondering if there would be enough storage. It also sounds like there is much less under storage in the 327 than the 322. Your observations about the outlets is something I hadn't thought to check out! So....have you found anything else that we might want to take a look at since we're in search of similar floor plans? We are going to look at a 2013 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST32RLthis weekend.
============================

Well now that you mention it yes. We are presently considering a Dutchman Denali Model 287RE. Has nice floor plan- plenty of corian kitchen counter space- king size bed (70"x80")- optional 50 amp 2nd Air Conditioner- large bedroom wardrobe- 6 drawer bedroom dresser- 8 cubic ft frig- large rear window with flip up TV- exterior pass through storage and get this it has a remote fob that operates the porch light- awning and four electric stabilizers. We might check one out next week in Lansing, Michigan.
The Crossroads ST32RL has exteriot kitchen- Tv etc that we are not interested in really. One thing I noticed on the Crossraod bed slide is that it doesn't go out as far as the other slides do. Check that out for room in the bedroom.
Good luck with your search.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
We presently are looking for a large trailer with a bed slide out and opposed living slides. Been looking for over a month and even took manufacturers tour in Indiana. Finally just gave up thinking they no longer make such a unit. Then I remembered looking through a Lacrosse trailer last Febuary in Novi, Michigan Expo. Sure enough there's a 2013 model 327RES that has the floor plan I want. Plus it has the 50 amp 2nd Air Conditioner option. Is anyone familiar with this unit? Have any options?
Many thanks,
Bill B. (Michigan)
We have a 2012 Sabre 32RCTS that is similiar in design but the opposing slides in the living room are a little different. The RCTS has rear rocker/recliners and the entertainment center is on the dinette/fireplace slide with the sofa/fridge/oven on the opposing slide. We love this layout because the entertainment center is located at a good angle no matter where you are seated. The kitchen island is on casters so you can move it around the kitchen if necessary so we like that flexibility too. It does have the bedroom slide, 50 amp service and we added the second a/c for about $750 (the dealer paid half of that cost). Although it's not a perfect match for your description, it might be worth checking out. Best of luck in your search.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #12

Smile

QUOTE.. slide5r4fun;285429We have a 2012 Sabre 32RCTS that is similiar in design but the opposing slides in the living room are a little different. . Best of luck in your search...QUOTE
=====================

Looks nice but problem being that's a 5th Wheeler and we're looking at trailers.
Yes, we will keep looking.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 12-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #13

My bad Bill, I did a quick search on that model number before I sent my reply and didn't notice it was a Cougar 5'er, not the LaCrosse as you indicated. Palomino does have a unit like you are looking for (320 RETS) but they don't indicate on their web site if 50 amp is available. Hope you find exactly what you are looking for and have many fun trips in your new rig.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #14

My wife and I have looking for some time for the same floor plan as everyone here. We have also been looking at Open Range TT. They are a very good looking unit. In Michigan, General and Kitsmiller sell them. So far we have not made up our minds as to which unit to purchase.
tparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tparr View Post
My wife and I have looking for some time for the same floor plan as everyone here. We have also been looking at Open Range TT. They are a very good looking unit. In Michigan, General and Kitsmiller sell them. So far we have not made up our minds as to which unit to purchase.
========================
I have a list of 3 slide units with the bed that slides out that I'm slowly narrowing down.
Do see the big Novi Michigan RV Show Feb. 6th to 10th, 2013.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
Commercial Member

There are more and more every day.

Keystone makes a Sprinter 299RETS now....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #17

Take a look at the Rockwood Windjammer 3065W. Front bedroom with slide, and two opposing slides in the rear living room. Nice floor plan.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Take a look at the Rockwood Windjammer 3065W. Front bedroom with slide, and two opposing slides in the rear living room. Nice floor plan.
===========================
I was reading about the 3065WA as I received your message. It is a contender except for the following.
No pass thru exterior storage area (only under the bed).
Room for only one battery.
Don't know anything about Torqflex axles??

But thanks for the suggestion.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
There are more and more every day.
Keystone makes a Sprinter 299RETS now....
================================

Thank you for the tip on Sprinter. After looking it over there's a couple of issues I'm a little concerned with.
There's very little counter space & the DW will have a fit.
There's no windows by the bed slide out. No cross ventilation then.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #20

Palomino Sabre 320RETS

Hi Bill,

Have you looked over the Palomino Sabre 320RETS? I discovered it the other day and I'm really looking forward to seeing one in person to look it over.
Here is a link for one I saw for sale that has a nice selection of pictures of it:
2013 Forest River Palomino Sabre 320rets, Winston-Salem NC - 106790390 - RVTrader.com

However, what I would really like in a unit is the booth vs. the table, I think you get more storage under the booth seats. I don't know what Palomino does but in other brands I have seen bins or drawers under the booth seats.

Regards,
Ty

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'11 Forrest River ROO 21ss
Ty_Roo21ss is offline   Reply With Quote