Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
We presently are looking for a large trailer with a bed slide out and opposed living slides. Been looking for over a month and even took manufacturers tour in Indiana. Finally just gave up thinking they no longer make such a unit. Then I remembered looking through a Lacrosse trailer last Febuary in Novi, Michigan Expo. Sure enough there's a 2013 model 327RES that has the floor plan I want. Plus it has the 50 amp 2nd Air Conditioner option. Is anyone familiar with this unit? Have any options?
Many thanks,
Bill B. (Michigan)
We have a 2012 Sabre 32RCTS that is similiar in design but the opposing slides in the living room are a little different. The RCTS has rear rocker/recliners and the entertainment center is on the dinette/fireplace slide with the sofa/fridge/oven on the opposing slide. We love this layout because the entertainment center is located at a good angle no matter where you are seated. The kitchen island is on casters so you can move it around the kitchen if necessary so we like that flexibility too. It does have the bedroom slide, 50 amp service and we added the second a/c for about $750 (the dealer paid half of that cost). Although it's not a perfect match for your description, it might be worth checking out. Best of luck in your search.

Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #12

Smile

QUOTE.. slide5r4fun;285429We have a 2012 Sabre 32RCTS that is similiar in design but the opposing slides in the living room are a little different. . Best of luck in your search...QUOTE
=====================

Looks nice but problem being that's a 5th Wheeler and we're looking at trailers.
Yes, we will keep looking.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)

billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #13

My bad Bill, I did a quick search on that model number before I sent my reply and didn't notice it was a Cougar 5'er, not the LaCrosse as you indicated. Palomino does have a unit like you are looking for (320 RETS) but they don't indicate on their web site if 50 amp is available. Hope you find exactly what you are looking for and have many fun trips in your new rig.
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #14

My wife and I have looking for some time for the same floor plan as everyone here. We have also been looking at Open Range TT. They are a very good looking unit. In Michigan, General and Kitsmiller sell them. So far we have not made up our minds as to which unit to purchase.
tparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tparr View Post
My wife and I have looking for some time for the same floor plan as everyone here. We have also been looking at Open Range TT. They are a very good looking unit. In Michigan, General and Kitsmiller sell them. So far we have not made up our minds as to which unit to purchase.
========================
I have a list of 3 slide units with the bed that slides out that I'm slowly narrowing down.
Do see the big Novi Michigan RV Show Feb. 6th to 10th, 2013.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Commercial Member

There are more and more every day.

Keystone makes a Sprinter 299RETS now....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #17

Take a look at the Rockwood Windjammer 3065W. Front bedroom with slide, and two opposing slides in the rear living room. Nice floor plan.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Take a look at the Rockwood Windjammer 3065W. Front bedroom with slide, and two opposing slides in the rear living room. Nice floor plan.
===========================
I was reading about the 3065WA as I received your message. It is a contender except for the following.
No pass thru exterior storage area (only under the bed).
Room for only one battery.
Don't know anything about Torqflex axles??

But thanks for the suggestion.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
There are more and more every day.
Keystone makes a Sprinter 299RETS now....
================================

Thank you for the tip on Sprinter. After looking it over there's a couple of issues I'm a little concerned with.
There's very little counter space & the DW will have a fit.
There's no windows by the bed slide out. No cross ventilation then.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #20

Palomino Sabre 320RETS

Hi Bill,

Have you looked over the Palomino Sabre 320RETS? I discovered it the other day and I'm really looking forward to seeing one in person to look it over.
Here is a link for one I saw for sale that has a nice selection of pictures of it:
2013 Forest River Palomino Sabre 320rets, Winston-Salem NC - 106790390 - RVTrader.com

However, what I would really like in a unit is the booth vs. the table, I think you get more storage under the booth seats. I don't know what Palomino does but in other brands I have seen bins or drawers under the booth seats.

Regards,
Ty

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'11 Forrest River ROO 21ss
Ty_Roo21ss is offline   Reply With Quote