Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #1

New 327RES Trailer

We presently are looking for a large trailer with a bed slide out and opposed living slides. Been looking for over a month and even took manufacturers tour in Indiana. Finally just gave up thinking they no longer make such a unit. Then I remembered looking through a Lacrosse trailer last Febuary in Novi, Michigan Expo. Sure enough there's a 2013 model 327RES that has the floor plan I want. Plus it has the 50 amp 2nd Air Conditioner option. Is anyone familiar with this unit? Have any options?
Many thanks,
Bill B. (Michigan)

Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Bill - this model is pretty new. We basically just added the bed slide to our 322 model that has been very popular. Most dealers just started getting them in the last 60 days.

PTM

Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Bill - this model is pretty new. We basically just added the bed slide to our 322 model that has been very popular. Most dealers just started getting them in the last 60 days.
PTM
Now that's a quick response. Now if General Trailer (here in Michigan) can get one in then we'll take a tour of it. Love the bedroom slide and the opposing rear slides. Just what we are looking for. Presently we have a 2007 Jayco Eagle #322FKS but we want more room and a second air conditioner.
Can't wait to see one of these.
Thanks again.....
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #4

Great news General Trailer has a couple of 327RES Lacrosses that just came in. Wife & I will be seeing them this PM....
Life is good...
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #5

We love our opposing living room slides, makes it so much more roomier in there.
How'd the looking go last night?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
We love our opposing living room slides, makes it so much more roomier in there.
How'd the looking go last night?
Spectacular interior. Loved the 4-door 12 ft frig. Loved the outside water connection station.
Disappointed with storage areas. 1 small exterior access door plus what's under the bed and under the wardrobe(no pass thru).
No electrical outlets in the main dining slideout.
No hallway window across from the bathroom door.
1 small cabinet over the kitchen counter.
1 electrical outlet in kitchen area.
Bedroom only has sliding doors not hinged.
No stainless sink.
No ceiling vent in the bedroom.
Small queen size bed (60"x74")
Opposing sofa beds not available.
2nd Air Conditioning option is $2000 adder (even called the factory and yes it's $2000).

If exterior storage on a large trailer it's not an important factor then this certainly is a great trailer.
Will now check out the 3 slide Cougar High Country # 321RES.
Happy trails,
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Hi, Bill - thanks for the feedback and suggestions on how we can improve this new model. FWIW, the option you referenced is for TWO 15,000 BTU A/Cs and 50 AMP service. Still a lot of money I know, but we did want to clarify. Best of luck.

PTM
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #8

Hello Bill,
Your post couldn't have had better timing for us. We are headed to MI to look at the 327 res. We were seriously considering the 322 when the 327 came out and I was wondering if there would be enough storage. It also sounds like there is much less under storage in the 327 than the 322. Your observations about the outlets is something I hadn't thought to check out!
So....have you found anything else that we might want to take a look at since we're in search of similar floor plans? We are going to look at a 2013 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST32RLthis weekend.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #9

we have the 322 and love it.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrygrl9 View Post
Hello Bill,
Your post couldn't have had better timing for us. We are headed to MI to look at the 327 res. We were seriously considering the 322 when the 327 came out and I was wondering if there would be enough storage. It also sounds like there is much less under storage in the 327 than the 322. Your observations about the outlets is something I hadn't thought to check out! So....have you found anything else that we might want to take a look at since we're in search of similar floor plans? We are going to look at a 2013 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST32RLthis weekend.
============================

Well now that you mention it yes. We are presently considering a Dutchman Denali Model 287RE. Has nice floor plan- plenty of corian kitchen counter space- king size bed (70"x80")- optional 50 amp 2nd Air Conditioner- large bedroom wardrobe- 6 drawer bedroom dresser- 8 cubic ft frig- large rear window with flip up TV- exterior pass through storage and get this it has a remote fob that operates the porch light- awning and four electric stabilizers. We might check one out next week in Lansing, Michigan.
The Crossroads ST32RL has exteriot kitchen- Tv etc that we are not interested in really. One thing I noticed on the Crossraod bed slide is that it doesn't go out as far as the other slides do. Check that out for room in the bedroom.
Good luck with your search.