Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD10 View Post

I too had the "wheels off the ground" problem. With the help of RVguy (thanks), I spoke with a very helpful tech from Prime Time. He advised that you ABSOLUTELY should get the unit as level as you possibly can PRIOR TO pushing the auto-level button (i.e. blocks, boards, etc.). He said the more level you can get the trailer on the pad, the better the auto-level system will perform. Makes sense if you think about it. I now carry a couple five foot 2x8's with us just in case our site is sloped.
Really ?! That's how I level mine. I don't have the auto-level system.

Why would I want to spend $4000 on something that I had to level before I used it? That's absurd. Get your money back.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #62
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post

Why would I want to spend $4000 on something that I had to level before I used it? That's absurd. Get your money back.
I think they need to re-name the system "auto stabilizers" not "auto level"
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post

I wasn't trying to bad-mouth the unit - it actually works great. Especially when you're on a site where in order to bring the lower side up to level, the lower side wheels would have to leave the ground. The boards would just be a means to prevent that from happening and would also make the camper more stable. I've seen many a camper at campgrounds that only used boards for leveling...and the camper sits there cock-eyed due to the wrong thickness of various pieces of lumber. I'm certainly not an expert...just my two cents.

2010 Ford F250 SD XLT FX4 with 6.8L Triton V10
2014 Crusader 335BHS-TE
SD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD10 View Post

Just so I understand, so when you let out your front jacks 10-12 holes (trailer still hooked to truck), the jack feet are still off the ground until they electronically extend (via "drop front jacks" option) to lift the front of the trailer??? And secondly, once the trailer is completely unhooked and the auto-level sequence is started, do the front jacks then retract and bring the front of the trailer down??? Just looking for more tricks of the trade.
That is correct!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #65
Toy-aholic

you know, it makes sense why these units are lifting the wheels off the ground....if you drop the front jacks all the way down to the ground (manual drop with slide pin) as instructed(1st mistake) then power extend to unhook the truck....the jacks can't retract any more than what you started with(to find level) so the rear jacks will try to make up for it thus pulling the wheels off the ground. I would say only dropping the front jacks to about 4-6" from the ground & set the pin... the jacks will have plenty of retract to find level when on "auto".
Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
you know, it makes sense why these units are lifting the wheels off the ground....if you drop the front jacks all the way down to the ground (manual drop with slide pin) as instructed(1st mistake) then power extend to unhook the truck....the jacks can't retract any more than what you started with(to find level) so the rear jacks will try to make up for it thus pulling the wheels off the ground. I would say only dropping the front jacks to about 4-6" from the ground & set the pin... the jacks will have plenty of retract to find level when on "auto".
Agreed 100%. Any system has limits to the jacks travel. My experience so far with the system has been excellent but I am using some boards under jacks as needed if site is too far off level.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #67

I have prob with rear lights flashing for some reason why is this flashing amber
Ccfd48 is offline   Reply With Quote