Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #21

Now DW tells me the coach jerks slightly during the day when she is at the campground and I am at work. I think the system is bleeding down.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #22
Commercial Member

I wanted to insert an FYI here for clarification - 07 has a SANIBEL which has Hydraulic Leveling. This thread has mostly been about Crusader which has Electric Leveling.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #23

Just found this thread and boy am I glad I did. We've had our 2014 Crusader 335BHS-TE out two weekends now. I followed the leveler instructions (just below leveling box) to the letter. Both times we set up on already level concrete sites, and BOTH times the auto-leveler brought the camper wheels off the ground. I ended up just manually leveling the unit making sure my wheels were in contact with the pad. I read through this thread and I definitely did not have the front of the unit lowered when intiating the leveling process. The system overall seems to do a great job at leveling, but I sure as heck don't want any of my wheels off the ground when doing so.

RV Guy, do you think I should recalibrate? Or should I wait for further guidance in case you come across another possible fix?

Don't get me wrong, the unit is awesome and we are having the time of our lives in it. Now seeing the other posts however, it's obvious I'm not the only one having issues.

Thanks. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

2010 Ford F250 SD XLT FX4 with 6.8L Triton V10
2014 Crusader 335BHS-TE
SD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
Commercial Member

SD10 - I sent you a PM. This is something we should attempt to troubleshoot through a conversation with a tech.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #25

My 2014 295RST was exhibiting this behavior and after speaking with LCI support they suggested I perform a zero point calibration as well as verify through the auto leveling sequence that nothing was wired backwards. I am happy to say that this appears to have cleared up my issue.

The first time the auto leveling lifted all four tires off the ground was in our storage lot. In fact I could replicate this situation any time at the lot. Today after performing the re-calibration the unit leveled itself without lifting the tires!

It's a bit early to claim success, but I feel as though this process has done the job.
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #26
Toy-aholic

where might the procedure be printed/instructions?...may need to try that.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #27

You can google the procedure and come up with it. Not all that tough to do. I still might contact LCI directly with the specific issue you are having just in case this is not the right thing to do though.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #28
Commercial Member

No need to google - it's on our web site at primetimerv.com.

Go to CUSTOMER SERVICE link at top.
Click on DOWNLOAD COMPONENT MANUALS
Under STABILIZATION select last link LIPPERT COMPONENTS GROUND CONTROL 4 POINT LEVELING

The manual has a set of instructions on page 3 to ZERO SET.

Good luck.

PTM
Old 05-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #29

Definitely not finalized yet, but I dropped off the rig today at the local CG and it auto leveled without incident and without lifting the tires off the ground. It wouldn't say the campsite was perfectly level either, definitely had a slop to it.

So far, so good.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #30

Ours worked well when we set up camp yesterday afternoon.
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #31

No issues here. Worked very well.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #32

leveling system

Well we just pulled the 325RES home yesterday and backed it into the barn and started to set everything up. I thought the levelong sytem worked but today I noticed it looked as though the right side was lower than the left. Still reading everything but can you extend the right side by itself to level rig. I put a level on it and it is full bubble off. Thanks
rhollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar View Post
Well we just pulled the 325RES home yesterday and backed it into the barn and started to set everything up. I thought the levelong sytem worked but today I noticed it looked as though the right side was lower than the left. Still reading everything but can you extend the right side by itself to level rig. I put a level on it and it is full bubble off. Thanks
Follow the re zero calibration procedure, otherwise you'll have to "adjust" every time.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #34

level system

Vince, This might be a dumb question but I'm new to this. Do i zero it as it is, or do I need to hitch it up? Don't want to mess something up.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #35

PT Crusader 285 Leveling off ground

at first thanks already helping me with this forum. I already working on some problems with my new 5th wheel (loud fridge fan, still working on it).
Today I came home from my first trip with my fifth wheeler. After auto leveling I recognized the tires on the right side were off the ground. I parked it in my driveway, which has a little slope. . What I am reading is to do it manually?
Autoleveling was one of the reasons I bought the touring edition. I put the fifth wheel manually back to the ground. Should I zeroize it?
Bernhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar
Vince, This might be a dumb question but I'm new to this. Do i zero it as it is, or do I need to hitch it up? Don't want to mess something up.
Its really no biggie. Mine instructs you level the coach first, blocks or jacks on manual. Follow the squence for electronic level exactly. If in doubt, cancel and start over. Once complete raise jacks remove any cribbage and then level with auto. It should be within 1-2 degrees. I use a three foot carpenters level on floor and counter for initial set. The setting should last a long time.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #37

Level system

So I should set to manual, get it level then zero it, then set to auto? Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar
So I should set to manual, get it level then zero it, then set to auto? Thanks
Yes, just make sure you retract all before the last auto step, proves it will find the zero again!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #39

I've suffered with this issue and a leaking pump, since delivery 3-28-11.

I did the zero reset on two different occasions and it helped for a short time then the unit slipped back into "flight" mode and I finally gave up.

Resorted to using manual mode and gave up on auto mode. As for the leaking pump, the dealer tightened it up twice at the instruction of the Lippert without success, then they replaced the pump but it still leaks.

I have sent a private message to RV Guy for assistance.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Hmmm - pump? Do you have a Crusader? I'm confused.

PTM