Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Hmmm - pump? Do you have a Crusader? I'm confused.

PTM
No, not a Crusader. But this isn't about the LCI hydraulic leveling system? I had been told it was.

I have a 2011 Coachmen Encounter with the LCI system.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #42
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar View Post
Well we just pulled the 325RES home yesterday and backed it into the barn and started to set everything up. I thought the levelong sytem worked but today I noticed it looked as though the right side was lower than the left. Still reading everything but can you extend the right side by itself to level rig. I put a level on it and it is full bubble off. Thanks
yes you can, use the left or right buttons
Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #43

i did get it level, then shut it off. I hope I did it right. If not i guess I'll start over. Thanks for all the help. Sent RV guy a PM too.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll

No, not a Crusader. But this isn't about the LCI hydraulic leveling system? I had been told it was.

I have a 2011 Coachmen Encounter with the LCI system.

Roll
Roll,

Try the IRv2 forum, sister to this one. Go to the Monaco section search for hydraulic pump thread you'll find a step by step process to repair the pump. Let leak it will cook the motor!
Very eazy fix.......
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitacre View Post
We just picked up our new 290RLT TE a few weeks ago. We have been putting it through the tests and so far we love it!

My main question so far is with the electronic auto leveling system. Stability overall has been a question mark for me even with a king pin stabilizer.

First of all, I read on another post that the landing gear are designed to have a slight outward pitch for increased stability. All four of my landing gear appear to have a very slight inward pitch. Is there a chance that my gear where installed on the wrong sides and if so, is there a way for me to check/verify if this is the case?

Second. When following the "Auto Level" procedure on two occasions, the procedure completed successfully but it raised all four wheels completely off the ground. At first I was not sure if this was normal but I read in the manual that the wheels should not be off the ground. I put blocks under the wheels and manually lowered the rear then front until the wheels where on the ground and the front to back was level. Just not sure why the "Auto Level" would complete in a condition the manual says is unsafe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
We have had the same problem but have solved it as follows:

When I take the Crusader off of the truck the nose is in the up position. Thus if we let the front jacks down by pulling the pin they drop over 15-16 holes. When this happens the front jacks become static at a level that is too high for the back jacks to level with without pulling the tires off the ground.

Now when we take the trailer off the truck we let out 10-12 holes in the front jacks. Then use the drop front jacks option to allow the electronic part of the jack to run down far enough that it can level the unit without lifting the wheels off the ground.

Hope this helps
Old 06-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw408 View Post

When I take the Crusader off of the truck the nose is in the up position. Thus if we let the front jacks down by pulling the pin they drop over 15-16 holes. When this happens the front jacks become static at a level that is too high for the back jacks to level with without pulling the tires off the ground.

Now when we take the trailer off the truck we let out 10-12 holes in the front jacks. Then use the drop front jacks option to allow the electronic part of the jack to run down far enough that it can level the unit without lifting the wheels off the ground.

Hope this helps
Great suggestion. This way the jacks are more stable too.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #47

We use the same approach. Drop the front 9 holes, drop the back 3-5 holes. However I don't go straight to the ground, I use 4x4 wood blocks to rest the legs on.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
We use the same approach. Drop the front 9 holes, drop the back 3-5 holes. However I don't go straight to the ground, I use 4x4 wood blocks to rest the legs on.
If you use blocks for the legs, won't that confuse the leveling system unless the tires are on the same height blocks?
jwhitacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #49
Toy-aholic

Quote:
If you use blocks for the legs, won't that confuse the leveling system unless the tires are on the same height blocks?
all it wants to do is level...doesn't care what height
Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #50

Quote:
No works fine as described.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #51

Level system

Still learning here, finally got out this week. Did the zero thing in the shop, started to set up and there went the right side tires up up and away. Called lippert got instructions but rear is not level without tires off the ground. My question is does anyone still drive up on blocks with tires with this system or is that bad. Need advice
Old 06-08-2013, 02:06 AM   #52

Blocks are fine. The system only wants to make the coach level and doesn't care about blocks under tires or landing gear. In fact that will help its efforts. The instructions indicate that.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #53

Wish I had that problem, I called lippard to see what the cost would be to install that system while i'm in Goshen. They said they could install it in one day on mine but the cost was a whopping $4000.00, I said no thanks. Give them a call if you have a problem great people to deal with.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #54
Somewhat right of center

Just a FYI.The 2014 260RLD we bought is doing fine so far with the leveling. First time I dropped it off in the yard, I did the auto-level and it did it's thing except I didn't get the "success"! at the end, just "check Stabilizers". Turns out I had one pin in the driver side front stabilizer that wasn't all the way through. I compared it to the other ones. It was all the way through but needed just a little more. Hooked up the truck again to get the weight off the camper to adjust it, unhooked and got the SUCCESS after doing auto-level. I was impressed that the little computer knew a pin wasn't seated completely. Man, that could have been a nightmare if that pin let go.
Crabbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #55
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
Just a FYI.The 2014 260RLD we bought is doing fine so far with the leveling. First time I dropped it off in the yard, I did the auto-level and it did it's thing except I didn't get the "success"! at the end, just "check Stabilizers". Turns out I had one pin in the driver side front stabilizer that wasn't all the way through. I compared it to the other ones. It was all the way through but needed just a little more. Hooked up the truck again to get the weight off the camper to adjust it, unhooked and got the SUCCESS after doing auto-level. I was impressed that the little computer knew a pin wasn't seated completely. Man, that could have been a nightmare if that pin let go.
I don't think it had anything to do with the pin.....mine has done that and I just hit auto again, tweeks it then "success". These systems have some bugs but overall works pretty well.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #56
Somewhat right of center

You're probably right. After I hooked it up to the truck, I used a couple wood blocks for under the rear stabilizers cause the ground was pretty soft. Maybe that had something to do with it. Live and learn. As long as they do what they're supposed to do, I'm happy......so far.
Crabbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk
Wish I had that problem, I called lippard to see what the cost would be to install that system while i'm in Goshen. They said they could install it in one day on mine but the cost was a whopping $4000.00, I said no thanks. Give them a call if you have a problem great people to deal with.
Thats actually a competitve price. I got estimates on a class C for years and didn't do it. Now wished I had.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #58
gonecampin

Quote:
Still learning here, finally got out this week. Did the zero thing in the shop, started to set up and there went the right side tires up up and away. Called lippert got instructions but rear is not level without tires off the ground. My question is does anyone still drive up on blocks with tires with this system or is that bad. Need advice
Our 2013 295 RST has been out twice now and both times lifted tire off the ground. When we got back to town yesterday and finished at the dump station, we unhooked at an empty parking lot and did a zero set. Got home and did the auto level, everything went smooth with tires still on the ground and level.
gonecampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #59

Quote:
I too had the "wheels off the ground" problem. With the help of RVguy (thanks), I spoke with a very helpful tech from Prime Time. He advised that you ABSOLUTELY should get the unit as level as you possibly can PRIOR TO pushing the auto-level button (i.e. blocks, boards, etc.). He said the more level you can get the trailer on the pad, the better the auto-level system will perform. Makes sense if you think about it. I now carry a couple five foot 2x8's with us just in case our site is sloped.

2010 Ford F250 SD XLT FX4 with 6.8L Triton V10
2014 Crusader 335BHS-TE
SD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw408 View Post

Hope this helps
Just so I understand, so when you let out your front jacks 10-12 holes (trailer still hooked to truck), the jack feet are still off the ground until they electronically extend (via "drop front jacks" option) to lift the front of the trailer??? And secondly, once the trailer is completely unhooked and the auto-level sequence is started, do the front jacks then retract and bring the front of the trailer down??? Just looking for more tricks of the trade.

2010 Ford F250 SD XLT FX4 with 6.8L Triton V10
2014 Crusader 335BHS-TE
SD10 is offline   Reply With Quote