Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

New Crusader Electronic Leveling Questions

We just picked up our new 290RLT TE a few weeks ago. We have been putting it through the tests and so far we love it!

My main question so far is with the electronic auto leveling system. Stability overall has been a question mark for me even with a king pin stabilizer.

First of all, I read on another post that the landing gear are designed to have a slight outward pitch for increased stability. All four of my landing gear appear to have a very slight inward pitch. Is there a chance that my gear where installed on the wrong sides and if so, is there a way for me to check/verify if this is the case?

Second. When following the "Auto Level" procedure on two occasions, the procedure completed successfully but it raised all four wheels completely off the ground. At first I was not sure if this was normal but I read in the manual that the wheels should not be off the ground. I put blocks under the wheels and manually lowered the rear then front until the wheels where on the ground and the front to back was level. Just not sure why the "Auto Level" would complete in a condition the manual says is unsafe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I was the one who indicated the slightly outward pitch is normal on landing gear. I was referring to our standard application not realizing you had the Ground Control system - sorry for the confusion.

We can have a technician contact you to offer some hands-on assistance for your questions. PM me your name and contact info if you'd like.

PTM

Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitacre View Post
We just picked up our new 290RLT TE a few weeks ago. We have been putting it through the tests and so far we love it!

My main question so far is with the electronic auto leveling system. Stability overall has been a question mark for me even with a king pin stabilizer.

First of all, I read on another post that the landing gear are designed to have a slight outward pitch for increased stability. All four of my landing gear appear to have a very slight inward pitch. Is there a chance that my gear where installed on the wrong sides and if so, is there a way for me to check/verify if this is the case?

Second. When following the "Auto Level" procedure on two occasions, the procedure completed successfully but it raised all four wheels completely off the ground. At first I was not sure if this was normal but I read in the manual that the wheels should not be off the ground. I put blocks under the wheels and manually lowered the rear then front until the wheels where on the ground and the front to back was level. Just not sure why the "Auto Level" would complete in a condition the manual says is unsafe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
the same thing happened to me (all 4 wheels off gnd) until I stopped it. Please let me know what you find out about this.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #4

I had the same situation this past week where all 4 wheels came off the ground. I made adjustments manually, lowering the jacks until all wheels were on the ground again. The rig was slightly out of level but much more stable. We hardly noticed the out of level.
I would be interested in the response as well.

2013 Crusader 290RLT
Ford F250 Diesel
Reese Slider Hitch
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #5

I will keep a close eye on this thread as our new unit has auto leveling.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #6

Our 360 has auto leveling and have no issues. Hopefully they get this resolved for you.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #7

I'd try page 25, zero setting the control
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.dmg&cad=rja
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Commercial Member

We are researching this situation a little more trying to get good answers for you. Lifting the tires off the ground is not something we've come across before but obviously it's happening. We know about the Zero Setting Recalibration process but are inclined to think maybe something else is at work here. Be patient - we are on it.

PTM
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
We are researching this situation a little more trying to get good answers for you. Lifting the tires off the ground is not something we've come across before but obviously it's happening. We know about the Zero Setting Recalibration process but are inclined to think maybe something else is at work here. Be patient - we are on it.

PTM
Thank you for the quick attention and the clarification about the landing gear pitch. More of a curiosity than a major issue at this point. Both times it was on less than perfectly level dirt/gravel site and it was pretty easy to correct. The only real issue is that the return to drop off feature doesn't work after I have to manually tweak it. I can try the zero level procedure but I am not sure if that will fix it as the trailer is perfectly level when it completes with the wheels off the ground.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #10

Don't do the zero reset. Give Rv guy some time. He'll get it solved.