Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #21

Here is a link to the Solar Battery Tender.
Solar - Batterytender.com
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #22

Thanks weiman1983, I forgot about the CO2 sensor! Have to go and disconnect my battery ASAP. Saved me from stressing out on the battery issue.
And thanks HAARubion for the insight to battery maintainability. I'll look up both the solar and battery tender for future use. As for the dinette cushions, the Missus just thought PT could have paid more attention to fit and aesthetic appearance.

gator14
gator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #23

Hello everyone, i also bought a 2012 318bhs this spring fromt he RV show in Regina. I am moving up/down from a 2004 Laredo 5th wheel which was not setup for children. THe wife really liked the kids room and i llike the outdoor kitchen and 2nd door to the bathroom. I will be towing the trailer with a 2003 GMC Diesel HD and will be adding Reese 1,200lbs weight distribution hitch with Dual Cams.
Drakconian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to weiman1983
Congrats on the new trailer. We have not used our trailer yet but we are really exited to take it out.

We are located in Saskatoon. Where do you plan to camp this year?
weiman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #25

Congratulations on your new 318BHS. You'll enjoy camping with the 318 amenities. The Missus and I are about to venture out to de-winterize and check all systems at AP Hill, VA.
Again congrats and welcome to the LaCrosse group.

gator14
2012 LaCrosse 318BHS
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #26

To anyone and RVguy; The Missus would like to remove the sliding door to the bedroom in our 318BHS and replace it with a sliding current. How do I remove the door without removing the track? Any suggestions?
Thanks you all. We are heading out today to de-winterize and learn more about our new camper.

gator14
2012 LaCrosse 318BHS Touring Ed.
4pt Husky (1,200lb) WDH
Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Not sure what a sliding current is, but the doors are easy to remove. At the top of the door there are two roller assemblies that have a pivoting arm that "locks" the door mounting plate into the roller system inside the ceiling track. You might need a screwdriver to flip over the arm, but simply flip the pivoting arm on both roller assemblies to allow the rollers to be disengaged from the door mounting plate and you will be unhooked at the top. You might have to unscrew the plastic guide track down at the floor to allow the door to be removed.
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #28

Thanks for the welcome, we already love the Lacrosse and haven't even taken possession yet. As for camping we get a seasonal spot at Rowan's Ravine Provincial Park
Drakconian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #29
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Not sure what a sliding current is, but the doors are easy to remove. At the top of the door there are two roller assemblies that have a pivoting arm that "locks" the door mounting plate into the roller system inside the ceiling track. You might need a screwdriver to flip over the arm, but simply flip the pivoting arm on both roller assemblies to allow the rollers to be disengaged from the door mounting plate and you will be unhooked at the top. You might have to unscrew the plastic guide track down at the floor to allow the door to be removed.

I believe he meant sliding curtain.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #30

Thanks RV Guy, I looked at the pivoting arm and loosened it, but was unsure how to dislodge it.....now I know. Once the doors come off the missus will look into rigging something to slide into the current track and hook up curtains? She has an idea and I haven't a clue?
Again thanks for the explanation.

gator14