Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 17
New Lacrosse 318bhs

Hey everyone. Just closed the deal yesterday on a new Lacrosse. I spent a long time researching and finally came to a decision. I'd love to hear any feedback from current owners out there. Also, if there's anything to look for specifically at the pre-delivery inspection (known issues). The only known issue at this point is a wobbly dinette table bracket, which the deal said they would get replaced or repaired. We love the layout, look, and feel of this camper! Can't wait for our Memorial day trip. I may even have to head out early.
__________________

__________________
2011 Prime Time Lacrosse 318BHS
2011 F250, CC, FX4
Me, DW, DS(8), DS(6)
bmiller131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
M109Rrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chesapeake, Va
Posts: 879
Welcome to the Prime Time Crew!!!!
__________________

__________________

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 17
Thanks. I also have a question about the cargo capacity on this unit. On the website it states about 2600 lb capacity, but in the brochure it says 1700. Can anyone verify which is correct?
__________________
2011 Prime Time Lacrosse 318BHS
2011 F250, CC, FX4
Me, DW, DS(8), DS(6)
bmiller131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller131 View Post
Thanks. I also have a question about the cargo capacity on this unit. On the website it states about 2600 lb capacity, but in the brochure it says 1700. Can anyone verify which is correct?
to the forum and congratulations on becoming a PT Crew Member!

Anything printed in the brochures can change at anytime. The best way to find out your true tt's CCC is to weigh the tt empty and then subtract that from the tt's listed GVWR.
Even if it works out to the 1700 lbs I doubt you would need to worry. There may be some that load that much, but most likely you'll be under that.

Good luck and happy camping!
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
to the forum and congratulations on your new camper!!
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 580
The brochure is correct. I checked everything this AM based on your question and found out there was a misprint on the WEB. We are correcting it today. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. If you are wondering, the estimated Carrying Capacity would be 1,752 pounds on a normal 318 LaCrosse.
__________________
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 17
Thanks RV Guy. I appreciate you clearing that up. I'm sure 1700 lbs will be more than sufficient for me, but I'd seen it both ways so I wanted to be sure. My new purchase isnt home yet but when it is I'll get some pictures of the whole rig up. BTW, I think its very cool that a guy in your position is active in a forum like this.
__________________
2011 Prime Time Lacrosse 318BHS
2011 F250, CC, FX4
Me, DW, DS(8), DS(6)
bmiller131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
The brochure is correct. I checked everything this AM based on your question and found out there was a misprint on the WEB. We are correcting it today. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. If you are wondering, the estimated Carrying Capacity would be 1,752 pounds on a normal 318 LaCrosse.
Uh oh.....That is not what my yellow sticker says on my 318bhs. My sticker says dry weight of 7702 and max capacity of 10452 which is 2750lbs. If my sticker is wrong, others are....there probably should be a service bulletin/recall sent out the yellow stickers placed on these trailers are not correct. Or is the info dependent upon date of manufacture? Did you change axles? I have a Touring Edition made in early October, 2010.
__________________
2011 Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Edition
2012 Ford F150 SupCrew 4x4 XLT 6.5' Max Tow
padave65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller131 View Post
Hey everyone. Just closed the deal yesterday on a new Lacrosse. I spent a long time researching and finally came to a decision. I'd love to hear any feedback from current owners out there. Also, if there's anything to look for specifically at the pre-delivery inspection (known issues). The only known issue at this point is a wobbly dinette table bracket, which the deal said they would get replaced or repaired. We love the layout, look, and feel of this camper! Can't wait for our Memorial day trip. I may even have to head out early.
Bring that new P/T to the (Tadpole Rally)! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 580
PADave - good question. I will check on Monday back at the office as I'm not sure.

Thanks for the head's up.

PTM
__________________

__________________
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
318bhs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.