Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #1

New LaCrosse 322RES Owner - Initial Questions and Feedback

Last night the Mrs and I picked up our shiny new LaCrosse 322RES. We got it home before it started snowing and it towed really nicely. JUST managed to back it onto our driveway.

I have some questions in case anyone here knows the answers.

1. According to the brochure there is an easy winterizing set-up somewhere. Does anyone know where? My dealer says it doesn't have one and I can't find one anywhere.

2. As usual with RVs, despite the price tag the instructions for the trailer are all quite generic and largely inapplicable to the actual model we bought. Does anyone have any idea on the limits for camping in cold weather in a 2012 LaCrosse? I know there's a 2" heat duct in the underfloor area, but I'd really like to understand the do's and dont's of camping in freezing conditions (eg minimum temperature, minimum thermostat setting, etc). Since we live in Michigan and since even the dump valves are enclosed, it would be nice to know the limits of the unit. All tips/ suggestions/ info would be greatly appreciated.

3. Apparently we have a year of roadside assistance via CoachNet but there appears to be no information on this anywhere. Do we have to activate this somehow?

In terms of initial feedback, the fit and finish are excellent. We do have a couple of stripped hinge screws on a cabinet door to take care of as well as a hint of daylight at the bottom of one of the slideout seals but, as far as I can tell, that's all. I think that's amazing given the size and fitment level of the trailer.

When we got it home we filled it with friends and neighbors and, with all the space created by the double opposing slideouts, as well as the large kitchen with breakfast bar, I can testify that it is definitely a great place for a party
Sharkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #2

I can answer one of your Q's....they will send you everything you need from coach net, no need to do anything. It took us about 2 months to get it. We picked up our sandpiper in November & got the coach net stuff in January. And congrats on your new camper!!! :-)
Gone but not 4 gotten
bee191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
Last night the Mrs and I picked up our shiny new LaCrosse 322RES. We got it home before it started snowing and it towed really nicely. JUST managed to back it onto our driveway.

I have some questions in case anyone here knows the answers.

1. According to the brochure there is an easy winterizing set-up somewhere. Does anyone know where? My dealer says it doesn't have one and I can't find one anywhere.

2. As usual with RVs, despite the price tag the instructions for the trailer are all quite generic and largely inapplicable to the actual model we bought. Does anyone have any idea on the limits for camping in cold weather in a 2012 LaCrosse? I know there's a 2" heat duct in the underfloor area, but I'd really like to understand the do's and dont's of camping in freezing conditions (eg minimum temperature, minimum thermostat setting, etc). Since we live in Michigan and since even the dump valves are enclosed, it would be nice to know the limits of the unit. All tips/ suggestions/ info would be greatly appreciated.

3. Apparently we have a year of roadside assistance via CoachNet but there appears to be no information on this anywhere. Do we have to activate this somehow?

In terms of initial feedback, the fit and finish are excellent. We do have a couple of stripped hinge screws on a cabinet door to take care of as well as a hint of daylight at the bottom of one of the slideout seals but, as far as I can tell, that's all. I think that's amazing given the size and fitment level of the trailer.

When we got it home we filled it with friends and neighbors and, with all the space created by the double opposing slideouts, as well as the large kitchen with breakfast bar, I can testify that it is definitely a great place for a party
Congrats on your new TT. We also purchased a 322RES in Feb. We live in FL so we don't have to winterize but I am sure someday we may have to know the answer to that also. We are still in our initial 90 day warranty period and have just a few minor issues to be fixed but overall it is a very nice TT. After orientation we took it for a week long camping trip to test it out and laughed about how we couldn't remember a thing we learned. I guess we will learn as we go. I am sure CoachNet has sent you your new member packet by now. It did take a long time to get the cards.
Good luck with your new TT.

ckon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #4

Look under the bathroom sink. Ours has a door on the bottom with four screws. Remove the screws and your pump should be in there. There will be a hose and 2 valves. Reverse the valves and the pump will suck from the hose.
vm12329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Your water pump is in the cabinet directly below your kitchen sink. This is where your winterizing hose will be. Good luck and thank you for your Prime Time purchase.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #6

yes the water pump is under the sink with the extra hose for sucking the anti-freeze out of the bottles and your water heater bypass valves are in the panel under the radio dvd player
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #7

As far as the instructions go to the prime time website under support they have all the component manuals there you can download along with the generic one...I downloaded all the ones I needed and made a nice organized 3 ring binder.
As far as cold...I used my old fifth wheel that had a similar deal as the lacrosse...heated underbelly and enclosed tanks...I didn't have any freeze issues until it got close to zero degrees out...

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #8

We just signed for a 322RES and wondered, now that you've had a summer with your unit, any suggestions or thoughts for us new owners?
RoverDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #9

We love ours no major issues....bed is hard as a rock, we plan on getting a different mattress next year. We have broken that is my wife has broken 2 fridge handles, they lock every time you close the door so you have to pull sideways then toward yourself to open. Its a pain but a great fridge. I'm 6' 3" and have to watch my head around the slides. Awning is only 10' so not much of an area for shade. these are all minor issues the build quality is great we have had some heavy rain with no issues. we really like the roominess,television is great,kitchen is great.we have the twin air bed couches and found the seating too upright so I took some of the black spacers out to lean back the posture,worked good.we have the free standing table and we like that also. We have the 13,5 AC and was leery about that but it has done a good job. All in all we are happy with the floorplan and quality of the unit. We have ours on a piece of land in Maine and had it delivered so I can't give any opinion on towing. Any questions you may have please feel free to ask or PM me DJB
Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #10

I had the same problem with broken fridge handles. I recently discovered some spring-loaded "locking pins" were missing. These pins ensure the handles rotate correctly and carry some of the loads. I was checking out a Sanibel recently and noticed the pins were installed. My dealer sent me the pins at no charge. I installed them in five minutes. You may have the same issue. I hope this is helpful.
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard View Post
I had the same problem with broken fridge handles. I recently discovered some spring-loaded "locking pins" were missing. These pins ensure the handles rotate correctly and carry some of the loads. I was checking out a Sanibel recently and noticed the pins were installed. My dealer sent me the pins at no charge. I installed them in five minutes. You may have the same issue. I hope this is helpful.
Are these the pins that are on top of the door that protrude through the handle?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjb View Post
We love ours no major issues....bed is hard as a rock, we plan on getting a different mattress next year. We have broken that is my wife has broken 2 fridge handles, they lock every time you close the door so you have to pull sideways then toward yourself to open. Its a pain but a great fridge. I'm 6' 3" and have to watch my head around the slides. Awning is only 10' so not much of an area for shade. these are all minor issues the build quality is great we have had some heavy rain with no issues. we really like the roominess,television is great,kitchen is great.we have the twin air bed couches and found the seating too upright so I took some of the black spacers out to lean back the posture,worked good.we have the free standing table and we like that also. We have the 13,5 AC and was leery about that but it has done a good job. All in all we are happy with the floorplan and quality of the unit. We have ours on a piece of land in Maine and had it delivered so I can't give any opinion on towing. Any questions you may have please feel free to ask or PM me DJB
Thanks for the information and feedback. Our last TT bed was made from bags of cement too, we ended up replacing it with an air mattress and a memory foam cover. Super comfy and a lot less weight.

I'll watch for the fridge handles.

We love Maine and hope to get up that way some time soon!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #13

Yes, the pins protrude throught the door handles. I am hoping the installation of these pins will prevent failure of the handles in the future. We are loaded up and ready to leave in a couple of days. I hope the coming huricane loses a lot of steam by the time it reaches Cordele, GA! Enjoy!
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #14

My mattress sucked. I found a generic temperpedic mattress on overstock.com for 300 bucks, short queen so it fit perfect. This mattress is great. It's better than my 900$ pillow top mattress at home...IMO

Just a tip. If you put a heavier mattress on the bed, you will need to move and adjust your hydraulic arms that hold the bed up to access the storage.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #15

Spend our first day moving into our new PT 322RES and am stumped on how to properly tie down the dining room chairs and the two stools for the breafast bar. The TT came with two straps per side that are fastened to the floor and one longer strap.

Tried strapping around one leg of each chair around the center post of the table, but this isn't very secure.

Any "tried and true" techniques for tie-down of the dining room furniture?

Any
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #16

I send a message to the Prime Time support group and they promptly replied with the following instructions:

Stack the two chairs on either side of the table, inverting one f the chairs on the other. Turn the chairs 90 degrees and use the straps found on the floor to secure each pair of chairs.

The stools should be secured on the couches using the web strapping found in the trailer.

I tested their configuration and it seems much better than anything I could come up with on my own.

2013 Prime Time LaCrosse 322RES
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC with 6.4l Diesel
"I've been coast to coast and there is noplace like where I am - right here and right now"
Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #17

Just wrapping up our first weekend in our new 322RES and our only issue was ... you guessed it... the bed. The stock mattress is way too hard and it soon to be replaced.

Everything else went great.

Thanks Prime Time for a great product!

Ran into another PT owner on another loop with a string of complaints about his dealer. Although is does seem that complaining could be his favorite pass time.

2013 Prime Time LaCrosse 322RES
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC with 6.4l Diesel
"I've been coast to coast and there is noplace like where I am - right here and right now"
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverDover
Just wrapping up our first weekend in our new 322RES and our only issue was ... you guessed it... the bed. The stock mattress is way too hard and it soon to be replaced.

Everything else went great.

Thanks Prime Time for a great product!

Ran into another PT owner on another loop with a string of complaints about his dealer. Although is does seem that complaining could be his favorite pass time.
We have a Lacrosse 301RLS and had the same thoughts right out of the shoot. We added an extension to the foot of the support board and then moved our Sleep Number bed in to the trailer. We are fulltimers now and it works WONDERFUL. A little tighter at the foot of the bed, but plenty of room to pass ans well worth the modification.
Relkinsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverDover View Post
Although is does seem that complaining could be his favorite pass time.

it seems like those type of people have the most issues all around dont it?

as for the slab...errrr...bed...we just bought a memory foam topper (king size as it was same price on amazon as twin) and cut that puppy to fit...

works fine for me....but then again, i dont complain about much of anything.....life is so much simpler that way! ....when my wife asks me my opinion on anything i deferr to "what ever is easiest" as my go to answer....LOL
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote