Old 05-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #1

New LaCrosse 329BHT

Just returned home from leaving the 2011 296BHS at the dealer and feel like I just deserted a member of the family. It was a great trailer that never gave me any problems and always took care of us. I hope the new one is the same. I just hope whoever gets my old trailer takes care of it like it is accustomed too.
The extra room in the 329 is what prompted the trade. Lucky I guess that I have a pair of adult size boys that still want to go camping with Mom and Dad. Should have the new one this coming Friday and we can't wait to get it loaded and camping.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:28 PM   #2

We really like ours and have had as many as 4 kids and a pair of big dogs sleep in the bunk room together. We especially like the storage space and use the outdoor kitchen a lot more than we thought we would.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #3

Congrats on your new LaCrosse 329BHT! I know what you mean about deserting a member of the family. We're on our 4th camper and I always felt a little sad seeing the previous one go. Lots of happy times and great memories were had in each of them. Though the camper is gone the memories will last a life time.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #4

I have a question about the hide a bed sofa in the 2015 329BHT. Is it an air mattress or something else? I thought I read where it is a sleeper sofa with a mattress instead of the air bed. Guess I should have checked that while I was at the dealer. If they did away with the air bed, how does the mattress sleep? The air mattress in our other trailer was about the most comfortable bed in the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #5

Our 2015 has a traditional folding sofa bed style love seat. We have never used it folded out because when you fold it out it blocks the path to the front bedroom and bathroom. Our sofa is attached to the floor with a couple of angle brackets and if you remove them you can angle the sofa enough to have a "path" to get through. I suspect that just sleeping on the sofa without folding it out would be more comfortable though. Just because there is room to sleep ten plus people does not mean that it is a good idea.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:05 AM   #6

New LaCrosse 329BHT

Well after our first trip out in the new camper, I have to say I'm not as impressed with the quality control as I was the 2011 model. Microwave comes on and runs but will not heat, the outdoor kitchen sink plumbing was left loose and was only found when water ran into the floor on the inside of the trailer and soaked the cabinets and flooring. Several other things that I won't even get into until talking with the dealer. Camper will be 2 weeks old Monday. Still at the campground and trying to not let this ruin our trip until we come home Sunday.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #7

The fit & finish of new Lacrosses & Tracers was subpar so we bought a used 2011 built before the economy rebounded. I purposefully looked at new & used during heavy rains. Some new ones leaked badly whereas our used one was bone dry. I won't upgrade until the quality improves...
Old 06-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #8

The only leak we had was the fitting on the hot water side of the outdoor kitchen sink was left loose. When we found it we soaked up as much water as possible and put a fan on it to dry it out the rest of the way. I think we saved it by finding it quick enough. It's at the dealership having several things fixed that I told them about and a couple things that they found on their own. Screws were left sticking out on the bottom of one of the slides and tore the flooring, so that is being fixed as well. Like I said before, I'm not as impressed with the quality control of Primetime as I once was.

Tags
lacrosse