Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #1

New Leveling System

In the process of installing a new Ground Control leveling system on my 27' Avenger. It is a remote electric system by Rieco Titan. It appears to be very high quality and heavy duty(20,000 lb. capacity). Anyone have or had one of these?
EYEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Pretty similar to the lippert system on the crusaders (I believe lippert now owns rieco titan) although ours doesn't have remote control, the panel is in the basement. Another benifit is it looks like the rear jacks are the gen3 system meaning no pins to pull to drop the back legs - better for sure. Should be a good system for your rig. The achilles heel with all these auto levellers appears to be the computer box. We had ours give a right rear error on the last outing and wouldn't work for back jacks. Got home and it worked fine. Overall I'm glad I have them but there is a learning curve for sure.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #3

I have a auto level question while on the topic. Those of you that have it, is your camper pretty solid when setup? 6 point helps? I'm guessing. I don't know if I can afford or justify a auto level but it is sure something I would brag and brag and brag about!!! I was camping with a friend who has it on his Raptor toy hauler last weekend and I was amazing how solid the camper felt and I was wondering if it was from the auto level or if the toy hauler was just better built than mine

Thanks
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
cronek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #4

Mine is pretty solid with 4 point but still considering either rear electric stabalizers or the winfield stabalizers to get it the rest of the way.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #5

I'm getting the 4 point ground system 3 with the remote. This system counts revolutions of the motor. I also looked at the OP system. It is not auto level without adding a new board for $1000.00 extra bucks. It's also the old system that is like 3x's slower and you do the leveling. My unit is 31' long and Leppard said 4 point and leave the electric back stabilizers on. making it a 6 point system. At leppards factory installed with elephant pads and remote $3200.00 AUTO LEVEL. That's a Goshen price. My install date is August 5th. Can't wait!!!

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #6

Got the Ground Control system mounted. Spent the week in a rv park in Pigeon Forge Tn., which is close to where we live. The Ground Control system worked great. After blocking the wheels, we placed my wife Ipad on the floor of the trailer using a clineometer app which is a bubble level. (1)Raised the front jacks simultaniously as the need indicated on the Ipad. (2) When level lengthwise I lowered both rear jack only enough to stabilize. (3) Level indicated right side low, so I raised the right front and right back jacks at the same time. Stepped up into a rock solid trailer and made a cup of coffee. The key is to never raise one jack indipendantly except have it meet the ground simultaniously with the others. By the way, I did not remove the rear sissor jacks for they can give me a six point system if desired.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEMAN View Post
Got the Ground Control system mounted. Spent the week in a rv park in Pigeon Forge Tn., which is close to where we live. The Ground Control system worked great. After blocking the wheels, we placed my wife Ipad on the floor of the trailer using a clineometer app which is a bubble level. (1)Raised the front jacks simultaniously as the need indicated on the Ipad. (2) When level lengthwise I lowered both rear jack only enough to stabilize. (3) Level indicated right side low, so I raised the right front and right back jacks at the same time. Stepped up into a rock solid trailer and made a cup of coffee. The key is to never raise one jack indipendantly except have it meet the ground simultaniously with the others. By the way, I did not remove the rear sissor jacks for they can give me a six point system if desired.
That sounds great, glad it worked for you. can't wait to hit the that remote to auto and just watch it do it's thing. After that just lower the rear stabs. and I'm Done...

Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 AM   #8

Quote:
My only question to you is. Are you afraid of twisting these lite weight frames, that's why you will do 2 at a time? .........

Old 06-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #9

Instructions and all the information I have read states that you should never jack a trailer at a single point. It stands to reason that it would put strain on any frame regardless of the construction. I think you will find that your auto leveling system will not be automaticly lifting a single corner for the same reason. I wouldn't even consider jacking the corner of my truck.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #10

Isnt it supposed to auto level on its own?? You say you hit this and that button to level this and that but Auto Level should do it for you...,,whole idea of the system 👍
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Isnt it supposed to auto level on its own?? You say you hit this and that button to level this and that but Auto Level should do it for you...,,whole idea of the system 👍
If you are referring to my post, my leveling system is a Ground Control and it is not "automatic leveling". I bring each front jack only in contact with the ground independently and then raise them simultaniously. Then do the same with the side. gljurzyk was speaking of the automatic system he has coming.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #12

Not all the ground control systems (3 or 4 versions now) have auto level. Just like not all have a remote control.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #13

My bad...😉. Thought they all had the auto function - guess I would not want it if it did not...kinda half the job at full price but do wish ours had the remote too! We just hit the auto level and go to hooking up water and electric while it does its thing. We are also on a seasonal spot so we do not have to use it on a regular basis.
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
My bad...😉. Thought they all had the auto function - guess I would not want it if it did not...kinda half the job at full price but do wish ours had the remote too! We just hit the auto level and go to hooking up water and electric while it does its thing. We are also on a seasonal spot so we do not have to use it on a regular basis.
I didn't find this set to be "at full price". At $2400 I found them to be over one K less than the auto leveling and it has a wired and wireless remote.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #15

Quote:
I didn't find this set to be "at full price". At $2400 I found them to be over one K less than the auto leveling and it has a wired and wireless remote.
That is really a good deal. CW would have sold it for 2400.00 and install for 149.00. The board as stated to make it auto is 1000.00 more. Lippard will give you the 3.0 with auto and remote for installed for 3200 00 Dollars installed at the factory. The difference between the Rico Titian and the 3.0 is that the motors 3 x's faster then Rico and self leveling with memory of the hook up, but that will also work with the Rico Titian.( memory only) Rico is also a lippert com. At least under there umbrella. I have researched this to hell and back.......Both are great system just depends what you want......

Tags
leveling