Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 AM   #1

New on this forum........

.....but not to camping-RVing. We have been at it for 40+ years in everything imaginable. Last fall we traded our R-Pod for a Prime Time Tracer 205. It has a lot more room and a walk-around queen bed. Unfortunately we have not been able to use it yet, still sits in the backyard waiting for Spring. The unit seems well finished and we do like it a lot, it seems that it has been discontinued for 2011 and we just hope that it was not done on account that the unit is problematic.

Our only disappointment so far is the fresh water tank, it was advertised as holding 38 US gallons when in fact it only holds 19 US gallons. We do a lot of dry camping so we will have to carry a bunch of jugs.

Anyway, we hope that it warms up and the piles of snow melt and we get on the road.

Heinrich and Elly
photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #2

welcome to the forum!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #3

Congrats on the new camper and welcome to the forums!!

Enjoy!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

Welcome to forum and congrats on the new trailer.

PT seems to be making good rv's and if you do run across a problem they are very quick to respond.

Good luck and happy camping.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
welcome to the forum!
Thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Congrats on the new camper and welcome to the forums!!

Enjoy!
Thank you and we will

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Welcome to forum and congrats on the new trailer.

PT seems to be making good rv's and if you do run across a problem they are very quick to respond.

Good luck and happy camping.
Thank you for the welcome, fortunately we do a very good dealership that goes out of it's way to keep you happy.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. Happy Camping from south Georgia.
Scotty-Georgia Brown
Scotty-Watson
Westy-Holms
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcts43 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Happy Camping from south Georgia.

Thank you from cold and snowy Alberta.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

I am surprised that your water tank is holding only 19 gallons. What is the size of your trailer. Your i-pod had a 38 gallons tank the same that the mini lite and the roo.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
camping

WELCOME to the forum. our trailer (built by another division of FR) was advertised with a 38 gallon tank and we could only get about 20 into it. turned out the bracket that holds the tank in was bent causing the tank to slope away from the pump outlet. we had it fixed (warranty) and now we can filler 'er up! I would call PT and ask what size tank you have and if it is a 38 gallon have some one check it out.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
I am surprised that your water tank is holding only 19 gallons. What is the size of your trailer. Your i-pod had a 38 gallons tank the same that the mini lite and the roo.
I was surprised as well because the literature both printed and on the web site clearly says 38 gallons. After we took delivery and I started to look around, the tank located under one of the dinette seats didn't look big enough to hold 38 gallons. So I got the tape measure and figured it would hold 18 gallons. I e-mailed the factory and was advised that the tank was a 19 gallon tank.

I am sort of guessing of what might have happened, the original plan might have been for 2 tanks, one under each dinette seats (connected of course) and then for whatever reasons the second tank was dropped. This is pure conjecture on my part, nothing that I can do about it anyway but it is still a major annoyance.

The Tracer 205M is 23' 4'' overall.

Take care,

Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper1 View Post
WELCOME to the forum. our trailer (built by another division of FR) was advertised with a 38 gallon tank and we could only get about 20 into it. turned out the bracket that holds the tank in was bent causing the tank to slope away from the pump outlet. we had it fixed (warranty) and now we can filler 'er up! I would call PT and ask what size tank you have and if it is a 38 gallon have some one check it out.
Thank you for the welcome, please look at my answer to capucine.

Take care,

Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
WJC

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new trailer. I'm in the same boat as you! I purchased a tracer 3000bhs in Nov. went to the web site and saw my trailer was discontinued , I contacted primetime, they stated the model was not selling, that was the reason . I've had a couple of problems with my trailer, but customer service has been very good, I've dealt with Brandon York who has returned all my calls and that alone is big and worked with my dealer fixing the problem and assured any problem will be taken care, so far it has, I think you will be happy if you do need customer service! . Goodluck and have fun camping!
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #13

wait'n on the sun

New to this forum, and to camping with a 5'er. Had a Puma 25RKSS and traded it in. Just picked up our Crusader 290RLT a few weeks ago and now we're just sitting here watching the snow cover it up in the driveway.
Can't wait til we can get out and use it! Already have about 6 trips planned.
62car9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
WJC

Welcome to the forum and congrats on new 5'er, well the snow is gone here but so is my trailer! had to bring it back to dealer found the tires hitting the wheel wells and starting to wear, hopefully they can fix the problem! planning to hit skyline drive Virginia on spring break for our first trip. good luck
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #15

Sky Line Drive

Good luck, on your trip down the Sky Line Drive. In 1982, My wife and I, and two kids, pulled a 30ft trailer, with a Jeep Cherekee Wagner. All the way down the Drive and the BlueRidge Parkway. It took us 5 days. It was a white knuckel drive. But it was beautiful.
When we returned home, I had to put new brakes on the TT, and The Jeep.
We always enjoy the drive across I-81.

Good luck
Scotty-Georgia Brown
Scotty-Watson
Westy-Holms
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #16

Hi Everyone - I have been following this forum for about month and all the wonderful endorsements for the Crusader (and PT in general) were the deciding factor in purchasing a Crusader over an Open Range 5’er. My partner and I just purchased the ‘show special’ 320RLT with the fireplace and double door refrigerator - we couldn’t be happier with our decision. We purchased the unit from Johnston RV Country in Palmyra, NY – they have been great to deal with – I would highly recommend the dealership and our salesperson, Ryan Stiles. And to top if off, when we did the walk through yesterday I took along a printout of all the little improvements Tkcakes made (thanks Tcakes!) just so I could see what he was referring to. The technician, Nick, not only pointed out every thing on the list but said he would make those improvements before we picked it – yea!! As well as create easier access to the hot water tank bypass. The first camping weekend is scheduled for April 15th!!!
MargeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #17

Congrats on the new trailer! I'ld like to you as our newest PT Crew Member.

Sounds like you have a good dealer. That's a big plus.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote