Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 138
New owner Tracer 2670..question on TV and removing??

Proud new owner of a 2014 Tracer 2670.. .this is my first ever camper...my family and I are very very exited..im sure this is one of many questions I have... this tracer came with a 26 inch tv. I do understand how to lift it out of bracket and hookup outside, what I am confused about is how to get the cord out of that swivel thing? there is hole on top then on side next to the dvd player/radio, but I doubt I can fish it back in there, am I supposed to somehow remove the radio every time I want to get that cord out? and also, I noticed with all my paper work a small tool of some sort, looks like some kind of bendy rachet type tool..any idea what this is? thank you,
__________________

__________________
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Welcome to the forum!

Any pics of tool?

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Member
 
jcoff2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 41
I think you'd have to buy a separate cord. I'm only guessing as I've never used my tv outside. The bendy ratchet thing is the tool used to move the slides in manually in case of power loss or mechanical failure.
__________________
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
Member
 
JParcic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
Proud new owner of a 2014 Tracer 2670.. .this is my first ever camper...my family and I are very very exited..im sure this is one of many questions I have... this tracer came with a 26 inch tv. I do understand how to lift it out of bracket and hookup outside, what I am confused about is how to get the cord out of that swivel thing? there is hole on top then on side next to the dvd player/radio, but I doubt I can fish it back in there, am I supposed to somehow remove the radio every time I want to get that cord out? and also, I noticed with all my paper work a small tool of some sort, looks like some kind of bendy rachet type tool..any idea what this is? thank you,
I'm not sure what the technical term is for it, but You use it with a cordless drill/driver. Its used to tighten/loosen screws that are in hard to reach areas and on angles. Our 2670 came with one too.
__________________
JParcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
Member
 
jcoff2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post

I'm not sure what the technical term is for it, but You use it with a cordless drill/driver. Its used to tighten/loosen screws that are in hard to reach areas and on angles. Our 2670 came with one too.
Wow....
__________________
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
Member
 
jcoff2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post

I'm not sure what the technical term is for it, but You use it with a cordless drill/driver. Its used to tighten/loosen screws that are in hard to reach areas and on angles. Our 2670 came with one too.
That is not correct. It IS meant to be used with a drill/driver, but it is the fitting to manually put the slides in as stated before.
__________________
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Member
 
JParcic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoff2003 View Post

That is not correct. It IS meant to be used with a drill/driver, but it is the fitting to manually put the slides in as stated before.
Regardless of me being correct, that is what its designed for! I've got another one just like it in my toolbox that I've had for years.
__________________
JParcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
Member
 
jcoff2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParcic View Post

Regardless of me being correct, that is what its designed for! I've got another one just like it in my toolbox that I've had for years.
I guess I misspoke. It's not a matter of being correct, my point was just to let yankeeslover know what Forest River supplied it for.
__________________

__________________
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.