Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

New Prime Time Avenger 26BH Air Conditioner

Hello everyone,

We are currently on our second outing with our 2015 26BH and it was finally warm enough to do a test run on the AC. I fired it up with the fan on high and was less than impressed. It was 74 in the camper and putting a thermometer in the blowing air it was reading 68. I couldn't hear a difference between fan and AC either when I switched them. I assume the compressor isn't kicking on. I also tried it in the low fan position with no change.

I checked the fuse in the thermostat and I also checked the breaker which are both fine. I also checked the filter to make sure there was no factory plastic.

It is an Airxcel and the thermostat is a Coleman-Mach non-digital.

I have no way to run it at home (no 30 amp) and I don't have a way to access the roof here.

Any ideas would be helpful. It isn't needed this trip but I am sure it will be needed soon. I hate to take it in for warranty if it is something dumb.

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #2

You can run it at home with an extension cord and a 110 adapter for your shore power cable. I've done it with my tracer 250 to test and it gets ice ice cold. There is a difference between the noise the fam makes and when the compressor kicks in. I assume you are on shore power when you tried to use it, and not on batteries right? I have the digital thermostat, and it has to be placed in cool instead of fan or heat to engage the compressor.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolzzy View Post
You can run it at home with an extension cord and a 110 adapter for your shore power cable. I've done it with my tracer 250 to test and it gets ice ice cold. There is a difference between the noise the fam makes and when the compressor kicks in. I assume you are on shore power when you tried to use it, and not on batteries right? I have the digital thermostat, and it has to be placed in cool instead of fan or heat to engage the compressor.
Thanks for the info! You are correct I was running it on shore power and not on the battery. We just got home and plugged it in. I am currently running it in the cool position with the fan on high. I had to get my ladder out and go to the roof to hear if the compressor was kicking on and it is.

I have a thermometer up by a vent and it was reading 72 degrees. I am going to let it run for a half an hour to see if it changes.

I don't have a ladder tall enough to get on the roof to remove the cover off the air conditioner to see what is going on underneath. I will have to borrow one or purchase one.

What would be the next thing to look into? I have the thermostat set correctly, the fan is blowing, and the compressor is coming on (making noise).

Should I look at what is going on under the cover?

Edit:

Just an update, I let it run for 30 minutes and the air is still warm.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 AM   #4

If you hear the compressor cycling on and off, it is low on refrigerant and probably had a leak somewhere. I guess if maybe tour thermostat was bad that could do it too, either way of it is still under warranty, make an appointment to have it fixed.

Tags
air conditioner, prime time