Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Don't call me Junior!!!

Question New Question from Newbie

We ( My lovely wife and I) have been lurking here for a few days and in doing so have convinced ourselves that we are going to pull the trigger on our first TT. We found one heck of a deal on a new 2600RLS and are rather excited! We will be picking it up over the next couple of weeks.

We are towing it with a 2011 Chevy Tahoe with the HD Towing package etc..

Our First question, does anyone else tow with a similar setup and if so will we need some sort of mirror extension or "tow" mirrors? 8 feet is pretty wide but so is a Tahoe, I havent actually measured it.

Does anyone know for certain what is all included in the various packages from prime time? The Executive Power Package and the Executive Convenience Package specifically? The dealer jotted some notes down but they are not complete list and honestly he seems kind lost about the whole thing. Prime time web site nor the brochure spell it out, it just shows PACK on the equipment list. But no explination of PACK.. anyway, you get the point, if anyone can help here we would appreciate it.

Everyone here seems very helpful, you have already helped! I look forward to being able to contribute when I figure out what I am doing first
BubbaTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #2

If your Tahoe does not have towing mirrors you will want them.....Your 2600 is an Executive Series which means it comes LOADED. The only question is..... it a Touring Edition or not? Touring Edition means that it comes with even more goodies. Look on PT website and look at the Executive Series Column in the Standards and Options choice in the Tracer link. Welcome to the Crew. You will love the trailer and the service after the sale...which seems to be the exception not the rule for many RV manufacturers.....
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Don't call me Junior!!!

Thank you! Any suggestions on which towing mirrors?

It is definitly not a touring edition, I dont see that anywhere in the liturature or primetime web site. What the description on the factory invoice says is.

Executive Power Package $1450.00
Executive Convenience Package $2718.75

Plus other self explaintory options etc.. But nowhere can I find EXACTLY what those consist of.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #4

to the forum.

I second everything that padave65 told you. In my opinion Prime Time is second to none. They put lots of little extras into the build of their trailers that add up to make big differences.
Great trailers and great service after the sale. They won't forget you.
You can also use Prime Time's contact page on their web site. They'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Keep us updated.

&

P.S. Until I purhased my tv with towing mirrors I used the CIPA towing mirrors. They worked well and I never had a problem with them. Easy to put on and take off.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #5

I went to Camping World and purchased mirrors that look like they were made for the truck! They kind of slip on and you tighten a little screw on the front to keep it from coming off, I leave them on year round. I have mine aimed to where I see the bottom of the trailer tires, however my unit is good with that, however some won't be.
Jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Don't call me Junior!!!

Thanks!

Those CIPA mirrors on camping worlds web site look perfecto!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Anacortesians

Jack:

That was an interesting comment. When I first started driving transit coaches (a post Boeing engineering job), the trainer said, very early on, "You're not using your mirrors to spot strafing airplanes. The potential hazards are on the street with you." I had to remind him of that when I took out a coach whose replacement headlamp had been wired wrong, set up on waht was though to be the high beam, which was actually the low beam. When switchd to high beam, it looked like I was searching for airplanes!

The recommendation is that the horizon in the morror should be between 25 and 30% from the top. After a couple of years driving transit, that's how my RV mirrors are set.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
Site Team

I used the CIPA mirrors from CW when I was borrowing my sister's Yukon to tow with. From what I've been told the Yukon and Tahoe are the same. My trailer is 6 inches narrower than most and there's so much I couldn't see the time I forgot to put on the CIPA mirrors on a short trip.

If you don't have tow mirrors with the tow package consider buying CIPA from CW and seeing how they work. Also an heads up on adjusting the mirrors- push on the outer edges only and not in the middle which can move it past the point of return.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote