Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #1

new tracer 2670, question on using TV outside

I have a new 2014 tracer 2670 bhs.. it has the 26 inch TV indoors but there is also a bracket outside to watch tv outside. I tried to move the tv from inside but all the wires are fished thru a little hole and im afraid once I pull the wires for the tv then I will not be able to fish them back into the hole when I want to move it back inside.. do other owners of similer models bring a separate tv to watch outdoors? and if so, where does one find a bracket to fit the back of the tv so I can hang it outside? and im assuming that the cable output right under the outside tv hookup is only for the antenna or cable, that its not for the indoor dvd player.. so if I want to watch a dvd outdoors then I have to use a separate dvd player?
im sorry about this dumb question, im all new to this. im just wondering how others move the tv around with all those wires being fished thru..thanks
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Site Team

First of all congrats on the new tracer 2670bhs.
I had the 2013 version of the same unit. Your right getting the tv off will be a real pain in the butt they way they ran the wires. So we gave up on trying to move ours outside.
You can buy a bracket at most rv dealers or on line. Im not sure but I think I was told the connection is only for the tv antenna. Maybe someone else would know more on here.
Good luck with your tracer
Carl

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
DS ADV Rider

I traced all the "TV wiring" in my LaCrosse and found that the Satellite wiring was a single coax running from the UDC to a wall plate outlet near the main TV. The outside and bedroom TV locations had a special mounting bracket plus a 120V and a coax output.

The signal at these coax outputs is either Antenna TV or Park Cable TV depending on the position of the Antenna amplifier push button (on the 12v outlet/coax output wall plate). ON for antenna TV , OFF for cable TV.

Satellite TV is a whole new story

There's a load of information in the posts of about 12 months ago - try this one: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...kup-26974.html

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote