Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

New Tracer 2700RES Owner

I am a first time travel trailer owner, so I am hoping that my choice is a good one and sets the standard for future purchases.

I have found a lot of information on the net covering the must have items, watched towing videos, and chatted my RV/TT owning friends for tips and tricks.

What I am curious about is the entertainment features of my “rear entertainment” trailer.

The TV is on the small size, not a big deal but I would not mind something a little larger down the road. The problem is that the fake brick facing above the fireplace mantle is sized to fit the existing TV. So a few questions of some 2700RES owners:
  1. Is there “finished” wood behind that fake brick held in place by several screws and no glue (I hope)?
  2. What would be the upward limit on TV weight I could safely hang on the existing mount?
  3. Do I have to remove the brick facing in order to remove the TV for winter storage?
While I reviewing various TT models and manufacturers, it seemed that most of them had similar entertainment “head units” to handle DVD, radio, and TV. The had AUX and USB ports but none I noticed had HDMI ports.
Now, I if I want to use my Apple TV or other HDMI device, it appears that I will have to somehow snake a cable around the back of the TV to plug it in to a port. Now how will it interact with the unit? Will I be able to direct sound to the various speakers?

I appreciate any information members of this forum could share.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Congratulations on your purchase. Your (fake) stone facade is screwed on with black screws thru the face. They are hard to see, but you will find them if you look closely enough. Unscrew them and it will pop right off - no glue. This gives you access to lift the TV off the bracket.

It really would not be a big deal if you wanted a larger TV to simply enlarge the hole to fit the new size.

Once you have the stone off, you will see plenty of access to the tv thru the cabinet.

Hope this helps.

PTM

Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Your (fake) stone facade is screwed on with black screws thru the face. They are hard to see, but you will find them if you look closely enough. Unscrew them and it will pop right off - no glue. This gives you access to lift the TV off the bracket.

It really would not be a big deal if you wanted a larger TV to simply enlarge the hole to fit the new size.

Once you have the stone off, you will see plenty of access to the tv thru the cabinet.

Hope this helps.

PTM
Thanks for the response and the information.

Would you happen to know the weight rating for that mount? I figure one day to move the original TV to the bedroom and put something a bit larger in its place. Would it be safe to say that any recent LED or LCD TV that will fit comfortably in that space would be OK?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Commercial Member

We don't necessarily "test" the bracket apparatus to get a weight rating, but it's very capable of handling our standard 26" TV and even a larger 32" LCD TV. I wouldn't be willing to make that claim on a TV that is much larger than that without having some testing done.

PTM
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
We don't necessarily "test" the bracket apparatus to get a weight rating, but it's very capable of handling our standard 26" TV and even a larger 32" LCD TV. I wouldn't be willing to make that claim on a TV that is much larger than that without having some testing done.

PTM
Thanks again for the information. I would have to measure to be sure, but I do not think that something larger than 32" would fit well in that space so I think I will be fine :-)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #6

We also have the 2700. I took the stone plate off and snaked an HDMI cable around the back of the tv so we could connect an Apple TV etc...wasn't hard to do at all.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomSpy View Post
We also have the 2700. I took the stone plate off and snaked an HDMI cable around the back of the tv so we could connect an Apple TV etc...wasn't hard to do at all.

Awesome,

When you have an HDMI device hooked up, does the audio output through the Jensen head unit or just the TV?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblanken View Post
Awesome,

When you have an HDMI device hooked up, does the audio output through the Jensen head unit or just the TV?

Thanks.

Yes. There may be another way but what I do is run the HDMI cable to my ipad for netflix and then from the headphone jack in the iPad I run a cable to the AUX port in the Jensen stereo and play the audio that way.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomSpy View Post

Yes. There may be another way but what I do is run the HDMI cable to my ipad for netflix and then from the headphone jack in the iPad I run a cable to the AUX port in the Jensen stereo and play the audio that way.
So I removed the fake stone front and accessed the tv. And it is a good thing I did, the video cable had been stretched and bent to the point where the RCA style plug prong was nearly broken off. I replaced that first thing and ran two hdmi cables to the upper cabinet over the Jensen head unit.

I don't think you need to run the headphone cable to the front aux input.

Now on my Jensen unit, the SD video out (yellow cable) and aux 1 input (red and white) are one cable run up to the tv. On the tv the yellow cable is connected to the av1 input but the red and white audio male plugs are connected to audio out (next to the hdmi ports).

When I connect my iPad to the hdmi cable I get audio from both the tv and Jensen speakers.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #10

I'll have to take mine back apart maybe I have a cable disconnected. I never thought to check that.

Tags
entertainment, tracer