Old 07-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #11

Are you still enjoying your tracer. We are about to purchase a 252. I can't find a lot of reviews. Any problems?

Old 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewaterguy View Post
Are you still enjoying your tracer. We are about to purchase a 252. I can't find a lot of reviews. Any problems?
Yes we are still happy. This is the second Tracer we have had and I really have not had any issues that were major. We had a ground screw work loose on the slide motor once causing the slide to not work. Literally put a new screw in and fixed.

Like any massed produced item there are some craftsmanship issues here and there but most are easily fixed at home. We have about 7500 miles on our 250 air without issue.

I have done a lot of mods to it to make it our own (maxxair fan, led lights in and out, new TV swing mount, weingaurd tv signal monitor with sensar IV antenna, combo 110/USB outlets, additional 12v outlets, ez-flex suspension, satellite radio, surge protector, remote power jack, bal stabilizer locks, oxygenics shower head, screen door handles, siphon 360 vent stack covers, smoked bathroom vent cover, tire minder TPMS, dual 6v bats, 4" memory foam mattress topper). Just ask if you need advice.

The major gripe I have is they put axles just to cover the weight limit and I think my brakes are undersized at 10x1.5. With that said no problems with either.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #13

That's great to hear. This will be our first TT and I'm a little on the caution side. We are supposed to do our PDI on Saturday. Hopefully all will go well. My Wife wants to get right now. I have heard about the bottom of slide issues. Have you had any?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #14

Verv minor and not anything like others.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #15

If you need anything let me know. I have had just about every panel off the thing!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #16

So far we are loving our Tracer Air 252, but have had some minor issues which I have fixed myself. When you get it home & hooked up to water remove all of your access panels & check for water leaks. I had a minor drip at the water pump located under the Frig, just tightened a loose fitting and all is good. Also when running my black water flush the plastic check valve under the bathroom vanity drips, I just ordered a brass check valve as the plastic ones are known to be junk. Lastly with the slide out check the rear slide roller, mine has a wire pinched under it. The wire can be seen if you remove the lower cabinet drawer in the slide. I haven't fixed it yet, but plan on drilling a new hole & rerouting the wire out of the way of the slide roller, I have a Aluminum plug from the hardware store I will silicone in the old hole. I will post a picture of what to look for if it ever stops raining ;(
Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #17

Best accessories so far are led light tape on the outside of the trailer under the awning (does multiple colors) can be found on Amazon for about $29.
Vent covers so I don't have to panic every time it rains & race back to make sure I closed them.
Oxygenitics shower head- as close to your home shower head add your gonna get in a travel trailer.
And lastly the changed over all my interior lights to led, your converter & battery will thank you and they put out on heat.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #18

Here are pics of my led strip lights. They have adhesive tape on the back. I just cleaned the side of the trailer with rubbing alcohol and stuck them on as straight as possible. They can be cut to length at 6" intervals. The transformer/remote receiver is held on with Velcro and removed when towing. I got my 12v power from the outside Frig access, just be sure to put an inline fuse. The wire is routed down the middle of the awning frame hidden in a white plastic wire mold purchased at Homedepot. Just had to drill a single hole through the trailer to get the wire to the Frig compartment. Be sure to fill the hole with clear silicon after the wire is run. These lights are bright as Hell, but dimmable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436468873027.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	82463   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436468892547.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	82464   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436468914457.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	82465   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436468959613.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	82466  
Old 07-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #19

Thanks for the help. I'm really looking forward to getting mine. All that is left is to do the PDI on Saturday. Are there any mods that need to be done PDQ?
Old 07-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #20

Screen covers for hot water tank, furnace & Frig openings on the outside of trailer. Don't want any bees or mice making a home in there. You can buy the screen covers or make your own like I did using aluminum screen & foil faced heating tape. In hind sight I should have made them take off all the access panels & show me there were no leaks during the PDI. The 252 is a great trailer, we are very happy with it. If I have one grip it's- when the sofa is converted it a bed there is no room to get to the door without climbing over it, but I knew this going in. My daughter liked sleeping on the dinette better anyways