Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2017, 09:20 PM   #21

Make YOUR list item by item. You take/took great pictures to include to be referred to by YOUR list. The dealer you select should agree and give you a service list on their letterhead signed by a service writer. Be sure if you are having any Warranty structural repairs, they are manufacturer authorized and the Warranty is extended and paperwork is signed/dated by the Service Manager, a lesson learned too late.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #22

Wanted to provide a quick update on my warranty claim.

I'm scheduled to drop the TT off at the dealership this Thursday the 13th. They promised I will have it back by the 20th. I reached out to the service writer today to make sure we were still good to go, and to see what I should expect to happen in that time period it is with them. I was hoping they would have used the photos I sent them to make some headway with PrimeTime. Unfortunately, that's not the case. She told me they need to inspect the countertop because the pictures aren't good enough and they have a "tool" to measure it. Okay, I get it, trust but verify. They didn't submit anything to PT on the floor or shower yet since the countertop needs to be inspected.

She couldn't give me any information other than to say they will get their own pics and send their "stories" off to PT and should know by next week what repair processes are authorized and when parts can be ordered.

I'm starting to realize, with camping season in full swing, we may not be able to get these issues fixed until the end of the season, but that's fine since its all cosmetic. Leave the shop bays open for folks with more critical issues.

FWIW, we took her out camping this weekend on her inaugural trip and had a blast! My eye was drawn to the issues on more than one occasion, but I'm a bit OCD like that. I refuse to let these issues ruin the fun camping experience we are trying to provide for the kids.
afugazifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #23
Site Team

Once they get the info they need and the parts are ordered, take the PT back and use it. Ask them to call you when the parts are in and they are ready to fix it.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #24
Scoundrel

FWIW I've had similar issues with a linoleum floor and it was an easy fix, as someone else here alluded to. Hope you have a good outcome with the shower and counter top.
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Once they get the info they need and the parts are ordered, take the PT back and use it. Ask them to call you when the parts are in and they are ready to fix it.
Bingo! Exactly what we plan to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
FWIW I've had similar issues with a linoleum floor and it was an easy fix, as someone else here alluded to. Hope you have a good outcome with the shower and counter top.
Thank you and the others for this reassurance. This fix, and the integrity of the repair, was honestly my biggest concern.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #26

Your best bet is to learn to be happy with what you've got now.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #27

I saw the title of this thread, "New TT with issues. What would you do?" and thought it really could have been written "New TT with issues. What DID you do?" We've all been there, sadly, going through the same process. It's like a hazing ritual to be in the RV club.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #28

Ok, a second more useful response than my last one.

When I went through all of the repairs with my trailer after initially taking delivery, I made the mistake of assuming the service writer at the dealer would track my repairs, make sure the parts were on order, and pro actively let me know when it was done.

Wrong.

Think of yourself as your own personal service writer. You are in charge of nagging them to make sure they do all of those things, even ordering parts. After 2 months of being told my parts were on back order I was then told they were never ordered (after the last guy quit). Squeaky wheel gets the grease is very true in the RV world. Polite but squeaky.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #29

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
Your best bet is to learn to be happy with what you've got now.
In my opinion, it is exactly this attitude that allows this industry to continue to get away with the poor quality products and poor to non-existent customer/warranty service many of us experience.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #30

I'd rather be a camper than a perpetual nag...but each to his/her own.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
In my opinion, it is exactly this attitude that allows this industry to continue to get away with the poor quality products and poor to non-existent customer/warranty service many of us experience.
X2.........Until more people perpetually nag they'll just continue pushing the problems out the factory door. Either that or the next economic downturn when sales drop like a rock and the industry gets it's clock cleaned.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:22 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
X2.........Until more people perpetually nag they'll just continue pushing the problems out the factory door. Either that or the next economic downturn when sales drop like a rock and the industry gets it's clock cleaned.
I had read a lot of horror stories about people's warranty issue experiences; getting their unit back in worse shape; taking forever for repairs to complete; broken promises from the dealership; etc.. That was the main reason for me presenting the question "what would you do?".
It was comments like the one's above, calling for people to hold the industry accountable, that really spoke to me. I could eventually learn to live with the flaws, but the fact that I let the manufacturer get away with unacceptable workmanship would be something that would burn me up for a long time to come.
I think what bugs me the most, is I bought the line that PrimeTime was a class above the rest. My previous TT was a Keystone Passport that cost us less than half of this unit, and I can say in all honesty, the fit, finish and quality of workmanship of the Passport was night and day better than our Lacrosse. That said, I realize there are a lot of Passport and Lacrosse owners that would disagree with that statement.
Buying an RV is a roll of the dice, and that is a shame....
Old 04-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #33

Please read my previous post. Try to get a DIRECT contact line to Prime Time, phone/email. There is absolutely no reason to leave your RV at the dealer until parts arrive, it's not a structural issue. There re dealers who like have big inventories, many sales pending.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
Please read my previous post. Try to get a DIRECT contact line to Prime Time, phone/email. There is absolutely no reason to leave your RV at the dealer until parts arrive, it's not a structural issue. There re dealers who like have big inventories, many sales pending.
I did speak with Product Manager Shane Miller at PrimeTime. His response was he is disappointed in the issue because they are obvious and should have been caught. He promised to send the photos and the last six of my VIN to the Plant Manager and Head of Production so they could see them. He told me, "I am confident that the dealership I purchased the unit at can get these items taken care of and hopefully in a timely manner". I love the "hopefully" part.

I know when I'm being blown off....
Old 04-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
Sorry, forgot to provide clarification on the other point you made. We are not leaving the RV there while parts arrive. We are leaving it there for a few days so they can get their "photos and stories" together to send over to Prime Time. in other words, my photos and story was not enough for them to go off of.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by afugazifan View Post
Sorry, forgot to provide clarification on the other point you made. We are not leaving the RV there while parts arrive. We are leaving it there for a few days so they can get their "photos and stories" together to send over to Prime Time. in other words, my photos and story was not enough for them to go off of.

If you don't trust your dealer take it to the factory. You live in Ohio how far is plant from you? You have already set up communication with factory. Say if he is so disappointed and want to make it right that he would set you up with appointment to get fixed at factory.

I may have missed something but I would not waste my time on an incompetent dealer.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #37

Your experience is typical with Prime Time. Be persistent and you'll get through it.

(I hate the entire bad quality issue too. I fully agree that the mfgs should be held accountable. The comment somebody made about living with it is the wrong comment. This industry needs to change but sadly 90% of the brands are owned by two big companies now.)
Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #38

Congratulations! The manufacturer came through for you, now you know how little the dealer is concerned about customer satisfaction. I can only hope that dealer service department service people who do the work take pride in the end result.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #39

Wanted to provide an update. Picked the TT up from the dealer last night. They saw what they needed to see and obtained warranty repair authorization from PrimeTime.

They received authorization to repair the floor by cutting and pulling it back to get the debris out, then "mending" it back together. They assured me (as have others on this forum) that it can be done without noticing they were ever in there. They claim to have an excellent flooring guy.

They have approval to replace the shower surround as well as both damaged wall panels.

Lastly, after an argument between PrimeTime and the warranty guy at my dealership, they eventually received authorization to replace the countertop. Apparently PrimeTime "couldn't see it" needing to be replaced. Thankfully my dealer went to bat and said there was no way they were doing anything other than replacing it due to many minor scratches and three deep scratches.

All parts have been ordered. Addressing an earlier post, we are taking a leap of faith and will let the dealer fix. PrimeTime is over a 4 hour drive one way and don't want to mess with that hassle for cosmetic issues. My service writer will let me know when they all come in and will schedule us in for repairs at that time. I have all of this in writing from my dealer.

Until then, looking forward to doing some camping!