Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

Newbie with dumb question about tv/dvd

I'm positive I know the answer already but I'll ask anyway....our new 2012 318BHS has a Jensen stereo/dvd/etc.... sound system. Does the dvd player work on a tv in the master bedroomor only on the "main" tv that is in the living area? We didn't have a bracket to mount our bedroom TV so we didn't try it out. Thinking to upgrade and will purchase tv/dvd combo if masterbed tv not hooked up to the dvd player....I already saw where the outside hookup is not part of the dvd/etc... control center.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #2

I am almost positive the Jensen only works with the living area tv. I've never tried our bedroom tv hook ups so I can't say for sure.
I do know it doesn't work with the outside connections. Only the antenna/cable will work there and like I said, I am almost positive the bedroom is the same way.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #3

We have a 2011 318. Our tv mounts to the back of the entertainment unit. We just keep the cords attached when moving the tv from living area to the bedroom. It isn't pretty but it works. However I know that the 2012 models have solid doors instead of the bi-folds and the tv mounts to the roof. The only thing I can suggest is running new a/v cables from the Jensen dvd player to the bedroom. When I took mine off I noticed an extra video output and an s-video output. The only problem is that there is only the one audio output. But you might be able to get an audio cord splitter though.

Prime Time sure did good job on the 2012 models. Love our but the 2012's just look a little sharper in the inside and the outside kitchen has the better layout.
]
[SIGPIC]
skgeorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Lottery Non-Winner

Not sure about your rig. On ours, it only works with the TV in the living room. Our bedroom TV has it's own DVD connections that are not being used. In theory, if I wanted to, I could place a DVD player on the shelf and connect it to the wall terminals and change the input of the TV through the menu.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #5

We also have the 2012 318 and no the dvd player does not work in the bedroom, nor does the surround sound I just rely on the tv sound. You can watch 2 different programs on cable or antenna or a dvd in the living area and regular tv in the bedroom.

Although we didn't buy a combo dvd/tv looking back wish we would have, less cables and wires. I do move the tv from the front bedroom to the bunkhouse for my son. So it works out.
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #6

Thanks!!

Many thanks to the quick replies. I was already pretty sure it didn't "share" the dvd but everything else is so impressive, I thought just maybe I found a tv/dvd combo thru Walmart online that is an awesome deal at $209 and it gets rave reviews. Now I'm wondering if a 22" is too big when it is ceiling mounted at your feet. Kinda like sitting on the first row in the mega theater

Again, thanks to all for taking the time to chime in for me!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
Many thanks to the quick replies. I was already pretty sure it didn't "share" the dvd but everything else is so impressive, I thought just maybe I found a tv/dvd combo thru Walmart online that is an awesome deal at $209 and it gets rave reviews. Now I'm wondering if a 22" is too big when it is ceiling mounted at your feet. Kinda like sitting on the first row in the mega theater

Again, thanks to all for taking the time to chime in for me!

We have a "22 in our bedroom and it isn't too big for the space.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #8

Had a spare LG 26" LCD that I hung on the wall in the bedroom of our 303 RKS (that's where PT had installed the wall mount). With the new ceiling mounts I think that once you bring it down, it will be closer to you as you lay in bed so, 22" might just be big enough.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote