Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 39
No heat!!!! RV guy help!

We are camping in Mississippi. Temp going to 37 tonight. I put the furnace on, and the AC came on. Propane is full, Thermostat set on furnace, temp set on 72. Air starts blowing out the ducted ac. No air flow in the floor vents. Air is slightly warm from ac vents. What is going on? We have a tracer 2800rld. Thanks Bob Fears.
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC]2102 Tracer 2800rld, 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, crew cab, 3.73 gears, 6 sp Transmission
qepv25a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
If your heater is clicking when you turn thermostat on you have a propane issue.

turn tank off and wait a few seconds then SLOWLY turn tank valve back on .

you may have "poped" you protection valve.


Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 39
No heat!

The heat is now blowing, but the AC is still running with a small amount of air is coming out of the AC vent. It is not hot, just room temp out of the AC vent. Is this normal? Thanks Bob The heat is coming out of the floor as it should.
__________________
[SIGPIC]2102 Tracer 2800rld, 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, crew cab, 3.73 gears, 6 sp Transmission
qepv25a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,156
Is your "Fan" set to "ON" or "AUTO"?
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Just try this... turn the heat on if the A/C comes on go to your breaker panel and flip the breaker off to the A/C and see what happens.....Now I will tell you with a digtal t-stat if your set point of the a/c is with in two degrees of the heat set point both a/c and furnace will come on at the same time if the t-stat is set on "AUTO".
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
DS ADV Rider
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by qepv25a View Post
The heat is now blowing, but the AC is still running with a small amount of air is coming out of the AC vent. It is not hot, just room temp out of the AC vent. Is this normal? Thanks Bob The heat is coming out of the floor as it should.
Sounds like you have the fan set to Lo. If it's set to Lo or Hi the A/C fan will run when the furnace is ON (but the A/C won't be cooling).

Set the fan to Auto and hot air will only blow from the floor vents.

Bob
__________________
Lacrosse 301RLS Touring Edition
GMC Sierra SLT 2500 4X4
BMW F650GS Dakar
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Sounds like you have the fan set to Lo. If it's set to Lo or Hi the A/C fan will run when the furnace is ON (but the A/C won't be cooling).

Set the fan to Auto and hot air will only blow from the floor vents.

Bob
Thanks guys. The fan was set to LO>
.It is now fixed.
__________________
[SIGPIC]2102 Tracer 2800rld, 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, crew cab, 3.73 gears, 6 sp Transmission
qepv25a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 39
The guy that designed that thermostat needs his head examined.
__________________
[SIGPIC]2102 Tracer 2800rld, 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, crew cab, 3.73 gears, 6 sp Transmission
qepv25a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by qepv25a View Post
The guy that designed that thermostat needs his head examined.


Maybe so QEP. An extra labeled switch for the fan wouldn't hurt, but that adds weight. (and also a few pennies). I went through the same key learning the first time we put the heat on..I was able to figure it out because my home T-Stat is similar.

Another observation btw...in the matter of the "Dometic T-Stat hidden Fan Speed Control" feature. We see this problem on this forum maybe like once a week. If not a redesign..you'd think there would at least be a hand written Post®it stuck on the wall next top the T-Stat of every FR unit coming off the line!
__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Maybe so QEP. An extra labeled switch for the fan wouldn't hurt, but that adds weight. (and also a few pennies). I went through the same key learning the first time we put the heat on..I was able to figure it out because my home T-Stat is similar.

Another observation btw...in the matter of the "Dometic T-Stat hidden Fan Speed Control" feature. We see this problem on this forum maybe like once a week. If not a redesign..you'd think there would at least be a hand written Post®it stuck on the wall next top the T-Stat of every FR unit coming off the line!
My learning curve on this was exactly like yours.

Easy to understand ... once you understand!

It's like getting the inside temp to display ... you can only check it in the off mode by pressing the + or the -. Why don't they have a display that all the time??!!?? The display should show current temp and depending on the mode the temp & fan setting.

My $9.00 digital travel alarm has a slightly larger display and shows me like 10 different things/settings. So honestly it shouldn't be a cost thing.

__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.