Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

No heat!!!! RV guy help!

We are camping in Mississippi. Temp going to 37 tonight. I put the furnace on, and the AC came on. Propane is full, Thermostat set on furnace, temp set on 72. Air starts blowing out the ducted ac. No air flow in the floor vents. Air is slightly warm from ac vents. What is going on? We have a tracer 2800rld. Thanks Bob Fears.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If your heater is clicking when you turn thermostat on you have a propane issue.

turn tank off and wait a few seconds then SLOWLY turn tank valve back on .

you may have "poped" you protection valve.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #3

No heat!

The heat is now blowing, but the AC is still running with a small amount of air is coming out of the AC vent. It is not hot, just room temp out of the AC vent. Is this normal? Thanks Bob The heat is coming out of the floor as it should.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Is your "Fan" set to "ON" or "AUTO"?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #5

Just try this... turn the heat on if the A/C comes on go to your breaker panel and flip the breaker off to the A/C and see what happens.....Now I will tell you with a digtal t-stat if your set point of the a/c is with in two degrees of the heat set point both a/c and furnace will come on at the same time if the t-stat is set on "AUTO".
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
DS ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by qepv25a View Post
The heat is now blowing, but the AC is still running with a small amount of air is coming out of the AC vent. It is not hot, just room temp out of the AC vent. Is this normal? Thanks Bob The heat is coming out of the floor as it should.
Sounds like you have the fan set to Lo. If it's set to Lo or Hi the A/C fan will run when the furnace is ON (but the A/C won't be cooling).

Set the fan to Auto and hot air will only blow from the floor vents.

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Sounds like you have the fan set to Lo. If it's set to Lo or Hi the A/C fan will run when the furnace is ON (but the A/C won't be cooling).

Set the fan to Auto and hot air will only blow from the floor vents.

Bob
Thanks guys. The fan was set to LO>
.It is now fixed.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #8

The guy that designed that thermostat needs his head examined.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by qepv25a View Post
The guy that designed that thermostat needs his head examined.

Maybe so QEP. An extra labeled switch for the fan wouldn't hurt, but that adds weight. (and also a few pennies). I went through the same key learning the first time we put the heat on..I was able to figure it out because my home T-Stat is similar.

Another observation btw...in the matter of the "Dometic T-Stat hidden Fan Speed Control" feature. We see this problem on this forum maybe like once a week. If not a redesign..you'd think there would at least be a hand written Post®it stuck on the wall next top the T-Stat of every FR unit coming off the line!
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Maybe so QEP. An extra labeled switch for the fan wouldn't hurt, but that adds weight. (and also a few pennies). I went through the same key learning the first time we put the heat on..I was able to figure it out because my home T-Stat is similar.

Another observation btw...in the matter of the "Dometic T-Stat hidden Fan Speed Control" feature. We see this problem on this forum maybe like once a week. If not a redesign..you'd think there would at least be a hand written Post®it stuck on the wall next top the T-Stat of every FR unit coming off the line!
My learning curve on this was exactly like yours.

Easy to understand ... once you understand!

It's like getting the inside temp to display ... you can only check it in the off mode by pressing the + or the -. Why don't they have a display that all the time??!!?? The display should show current temp and depending on the mode the temp & fan setting.

My $9.00 digital travel alarm has a slightly larger display and shows me like 10 different things/settings. So honestly it shouldn't be a cost thing.

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote