Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #1

Oct Trip

Leaving Tues the 2 of Oct for a 4 week trip. Have had the Sanibel out for two trips and am comforable to take a 4,000 mile trip. Am starting in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons (weather permitting). Will travel south to Tuscon, across to so cal and back to Sacramento first week in Nov. We are excited about leaving. Not having been there before, Can anyone give me there top Two must visits in Yellowstone south to Tuscon/Yuma. We have been to Zion and the Grand Canyon. Do not know if this is the right area for this if not please move to the right one.

Wayne and Donna
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
TeresaInCAL

Can't answer your question, as we haven't taken that trip (yet), but welcome to the forum neighbor!!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #3

Interesting side trip for us while in Tucson was a visit to the Old Tucson Studios, made a lot of western movies and some TV serials there back in the day. Old Tucson Studios
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #4

Another interesting side trip off I-40 in Lake Havasu, AZ is the original London Bridge that was reassembled in the desert.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #5

I just finished a long road trip from So Cal with an adult daughter. We visited Yosemite, Tetons, Yellowstone, Devil's Tower and Deadwood. If you get the chance, visit Yosemite. I found that much more interesting than Yellowstone. Incredible visual experience.

In Yellowstone, at same location of Old Faithful, visit the old Yellowstone Lodge. Very interesting. Weather permitting, there is an open deck on the second floor that is open to the public. Nice place to sit and relax.

Have a great trip!
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote