Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

One thing I wish the PT Tracer 3150 had....

Is the air matress sofa, instead of the jackknife style. I see you can get the air mattress in the Lacrosse equivalent - but it's too much trailer for my truck.

Other than that, my wife and I looked at a TON of RV's and the Primetime still has the most features at the best price of anything we looked at. The jackknife sofa was the only thing we felt we had to 'settle' on.
mcquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #2

Prime Time told me that I could order one with the air mattress/sleeper sofa when I considered the 3150. I considered replacing the sleep and play with an air matress sleeper/sofa in my 318bhs as well.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #3

I didn't really think of asking about ordering it at the time, should have looked into it. Dealer says my trailer won't be arriving until at least May 28 as is, so wouldn't want to wait a whole lot longer anyway I wonder what it adds for weight - I assume weight would be the biggest reason it doesn't come w/ from factory.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquid View Post
I didn't really think of asking about ordering it at the time, should have looked into it. Dealer says my trailer won't be arriving until at least May 28 as is, so wouldn't want to wait a whole lot longer anyway I wonder what it adds for weight - I assume weight would be the biggest reason it doesn't come w/ from factory.
There's a chance they haven't started building your tt yet. Check with your dealer, maybe it's not too late to add the air mattress sofa.

I wouldn't worry about the weight. I doubt that there's much difference, if any, between it and the jacknife sofa.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #5

I just emailed our salesman to ask...I suppose even if it is already built, maybe there is a chance we could buy the air sofa down the road direct from PT and have it installed at the dealer? I know that my inlaws were offered something like that by their Springdale rep on their 5th wheel.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #6

It usually only takes a couple of weeks to build a tt. They delivered my tt less than a week after it was built, so that's whay I said they may not have built it yet.
Be aware that it can take up to 2 weeks for delivery if they're having problems scheduling delivery drivers.

If only one pearson is using the sofa to sleep on, could you possibly buy a twin size air mattress and use that on the jacknife sofa? The length would probably be the only issue. The one's at wal mart and places like that are just as good if not better than what comes with the sofas.
If that's possible it wouldn't be any more hassel setting up and tearing down than the air mattress sofa.

Hope they're able to change your order. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #7

That would probably work too. I mean i'm not hung up on it by any means, it was just something we wanted as it looked a heck of a lot more comfortable for guests........but with an air mattress on top it prob wouldn't be bad either, just length as you mentioned. I know they are having troubles w/ delivery drivers as he mentioned that specifically. Can't wait to get camping!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #8

They told me that they did not add a sleeper sofa was because of space. I believe you would not be talking about more than 100 pounds difference if that in weight. It will cost alot less now then later. I would contact Jason the factory rep to find out. They will only charge you the difference rather than buy one now and then give it away when you replace it. It never hurts to ask. If it was one of the bigger companies forget it...but Prime Time treats their customers like people not numbers. Good Luck
Old 05-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #9

I haven't heard back from my salesman yet so I will wait to hear what he says too, but how do I get ahold of Jason? Thanks everyone for your help. Great group on this forum!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #10

We have the air mattress sleeper sofa, the last couple times we went camping the kids just put the air mattress on the floor....LOL! We're contemplating maybe someday replacing the sofa with a residential love seat with recliners. It's not a very comfortable sofa.....maybe after it gets broken in it will be better but right now the pillow backing is too thick and too firm.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #11

Try contacting Prime Time. Here's a link to their contact page. Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
I usually hear back from them in a day or less.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquid View Post
I haven't heard back from my salesman yet so I will wait to hear what he says too, but how do I get ahold of Jason? Thanks everyone for your help. Great group on this forum!
Sorry can't find Jason Gill's email address. If you email the website and ask a queston to the sales department they will respond. Just go to Prime Time's website and click on contact us...then choose the left side which is contact our sales department. I believe that is how I first contacted him. They were always very helpful.