Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #1

One Thing Missing From PT Line-up

Hello,
I have noticed one thing missing in the PT line-up. I have had 4 different people that talked to me interested in Prime Time after looking at my unit only to find that they do not offer any rear queen/king bed slides..... Like the ones you find in Outbacks, KZ Sprees, Roos, Surveyors...etc. My sister was one. I wonder if Prime Time is considering offering a rear-slide model.....in say the Tracer line
Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Hi, Dave - the Tracer would be the perfect line for a product like this but it's not on our radar right now. It seems like sales of that concept have slowed down quite a bit from the feedback I've received from dealers. But, there is always going to be some demand for it I'm sure. I'll forward your feedback to the sales group for additional consideration. Thanks for the thought.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #3

Not trying to hijack

This really has nothing to do with that but here it goes anyway. After camping in our Crusader a couple of times I have decided that I am going to have to make some changes to the outdoor kitchen. The cabinets over the sink come down too far to get a goose neck style faucet on the sink. You can't really get anything into the sink other than your hands to wash. I am having a friend who is a cabinet maker look at mine. I think I am going to do a 25 inch tall by 28 inch wide cabinet on the right. Then 18 inch tall by 15 inch wide next to it over the sink so I can get taller faucet , and a little better sink in there. Also the cabinets that are in there now come down so far that if you have a big bottle of whisk...coke I mean sitting on the counter you can't open a cabinet door. I know all this sounds minor, but man those couple of improvments would make that a perfect kitchen.. RV guy if you ever need someone to help with design I am in.. I got all kinds of ideas...Bet you get tired of people telling you stuff like that. I will post some before and after pics on my cabinet job. Going to get on that as soon as we get back from spring break.... Sorry for the hijack..

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Actually, a customer hit me up a couple of weeks ago that her coffee pot wouldn't sit on the counter under the cabinets. Good point I thought. I've not really considered the faucet issue. We've talked about a variety of things to make it just a little more user friendly and this type of feedback continues to help us formulate a better product. Thanks for the hijack . . uh . . feedback (just joking).
Old 03-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #5

It is amazing just the little things when you really use the product that you come up with that would make it just a little better.. Heck 10 yrs ago who would have thought you could have an outdoor kitchen in a camper... I don't think I could ever be without one now. For me and the group of RV'ers we camp with, this is the best thing since sliced bread. Our coach is the center of the party all the time, it is just so darn handy. While I am at it RV Guy, why no light in the front cargo compartment on the driver side. There is one on the pass side with a plug and tv coax plug. Is there one there and I just missed it? I just figured out the other day there was a plug below the bed on the left side, so anything is possible.

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Commercial Member

No good answer on the additional light. Good suggestion.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
Hi, Dave - the Tracer would be the perfect line for a product like this but it's not on our radar right now. It seems like sales of that concept have slowed down quite a bit from the feedback I've received from dealers. But, there is always going to be some demand for it I'm sure. I'll forward your feedback to the sales group for additional consideration. Thanks for the thought.

PTM

I think I mentioned this before in another thread some time ago. The lack of a real bedroom slide for a bed was a show stopper and we purchased another FR product that had the bedroom slide. Now with us it was not a matter of a rear bedroom as our has a front bedroom, it was the lack of a slide for the bed as DW likes lots of room around the bed. Of course the walk in closet in the bedroom was a real selling point too.
Don't get me wrong PT makes beautiful units just not one for us.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Site Team

the only reason we would not consider buying a PT 5th wheel, is they have no rear kitchen models in either the Crusader or Sanibel line.
the DW will only consider RV's with rear or front kitchen floorplan.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #9

Yes, the faucet on the outdoor kitchen is pretty useless. YOu cannot even fill up a saucepan. We keep a 4 cup measure to xfer water from the faucet to whatever we want to fill, but it is a pain.

It would also be good to have a way to slide in the stove without having to disconnect from the gas. I used to keep the kitchen set up when on site, but then a few things walked off, so I now close it at night, and when we are away for a while. So, disconnecting the stove is a PITA (though we did permanently attach it on the stove side, to make it a bit easier.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
Yes, the faucet on the outdoor kitchen is pretty useless. YOu cannot even fill up a saucepan. We keep a 4 cup measure to xfer water from the faucet to whatever we want to fill, but it is a pain.

It would also be good to have a way to slide in the stove without having to disconnect from the gas. I used to keep the kitchen set up when on site, but then a few things walked off, so I now close it at night, and when we are away for a while. So, disconnecting the stove is a PITA (though we did permanently attach it on the stove side, to make it a bit easier.
I suggested a gooseneck faucet more than a year ago....