Old 12-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #1

Operating a Sanibel 3900 Sofa Bed

Hi all. Looking at a Sanibel 3900. It has a front living room with 2 sofa beds. We have no idea how you would 1) first open a sofa bed to to it into a bed to sleep on and 2) it also truly appears you cannot open the 2 at once. Anyone have any idea on how these operate ? Even the salesman could not turn it into a bed. We can get it open but it has openings and belly on it from the cushions. The unit says it sleeps 6. Thanks....Ron

Old 12-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #2

Operating a Sanibel 3900 Sofa Bed

I went and looked at the floorplan it appears both beds will open with narrow pass way. Figuring you trailer is 8ft wide add each slide to 2 1/2 or 3 ft that's 13 to 14 ft.. The sofa prob only unfolds to 6 ft. Each. Shouldn't be a prob. As to how to open the sofas; that depends on the brand and most are easy to operate. First take the cushions off, ours doesn't have a handle it has a not easily noticed bar to pull up and toward you. Some you have to pull the back of couch over and down. Some are Jack knife sofa beds where you grasp the lower edge where seat cushions are and pull up and out. Also, check under the couch - the moveable part might be tied down (like the one we put in family Room). They do that some times and it's hard to see the little ties. I wish you luck! It's a nice floor plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 12-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
Hi all. Looking at a Sanibel 3900. It has a front living room with 2 sofa beds. We have no idea how you would 1) first open a sofa bed to to it into a bed to sleep on and 2) it also truly appears you cannot open the 2 at once. Anyone have any idea on how these operate ? Even the salesman could not turn it into a bed. We can get it open but it has openings and belly on it from the cushions. The unit says it sleeps 6. Thanks....Ron

How far did you/salesman get? If it's Lane furniture, remove cushions, grab the bar right at the front edge and pull "up" and "out" (backing up) until the legs unfold themselves & touch the floor then, grab the bar that WAS at the rear (but now should be in the middle of the folded bed) and pull "up" and back to unfold the bottom half of the bed.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Ron,

If this upload works, I thought pics might help......if it's the same brand furniture/mechanism. BTW, if anyone was wondering......yes, a 2" mattress topper will fit and fold up to make the sofa bed even more comfy. Cut the foam to fit. Foam cover was still big but, we just "tuck" it in when we put sheets on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141210_122654.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	67450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141210_122809.jpg
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	67451   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141210_122910.jpg
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	67452   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141210_122953.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	67453   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141210_123133.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	67454  

Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Ron,

If this upload works, I thought pics might help......if it's the same brand furniture/mechanism. BTW, if anyone was wondering......yes, a 2" mattress topper will fit and fold up to make the sofa bed even more comfy. Cut the foam to fit. Foam cover was still big but, we just "tuck" it in when we put sheets on.
THanks. No this is not what I have (wish I did) and it's no Lane. Unit still at dealer as were trying to sort this. What you have is what we wanted. Ours opens up real strange. You have to remove cushions etc. I will get the brand name next week. This is upsetting us. We cannot open "both sofas" at same time and seems when you open one it has a hump in the middle. No idea why they would put 2 of these in it if they don't open at same time. Thanks....Ron
Old 01-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
How far did you/salesman get? If it's Lane furniture, remove cushions, grab the bar right at the front edge and pull "up" and "out" (backing up) until the legs unfold themselves & touch the floor then, grab the bar that WAS at the rear (but now should be in the middle of the folded bed) and pull "up" and back to unfold the bottom half of the bed.
I'm being told that I'm stuck with this issue. We can't believe it. I can't sleep 6 now and can't open the 2 sofa's at once. Plus opening one you also most need a degree. When I ordered the unit I was told I was getting Lane furuture now I got some other brand (starts with a "A" I think.) I'm calling Prime Time next week. Anyone know whom I could talk with to get this resolved. My dealer seems to not be helping at this point. ......Ron
Old 01-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #7

Quote:
I'm being told that I'm stuck with this issue. We can't believe it. I can't sleep 6 now and can't open the 2 sofa's at once. Plus opening one you also most need a degree. When I ordered the unit I was told I was getting Lane furuture now I got some other brand (starts with a "A" I think.) I'm calling Prime Time next week. Anyone know whom I could talk with to get this resolved. My dealer seems to not be helping at this point. .....Ron

Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #8

I've made contact with a lad at Prime Time (they emailed back last night) They are very interested in helping us solve this so perhaps I will have a good ending here. I've read good things on this forum about them wanting to help their customers. Perhaps I'm next. ....Ron
Old 01-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #9

Quote:
I've made contact with a lad at Prime Time (they emailed back last night) They are very interested in helping us solve this so perhaps I will have a good ending here. I've read good things on this forum about them wanting to help their customers. Perhaps I'm next. ....Ron

I'm wondering if they did a mid-year production change (which they're noted for) do to furniture availability and switched suppliers? I'll wager they didn't know that the 2 new sofa beds wouldn't open at the same time until someone (like you) brought the problem to their attention.

Tags
bed, sanibel