Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Opinions needed.

I have a new LaCrosse that I found had a cut in the floor just in front of the bathroom door. Not wanting it to become a bigger problem in the future I returned to the dealer with this and a couple other minor things that have already been taken care of. Now, the options I have been given for the floor are this. The dealer wants to replace the entire linoleum floor which involves removing walls, tub and surround, cabinets, carpet, and everything else on top of it. Don't really care for the idea that a service tech will be dismantling my new trailer and trying to get it back to manufacturers specs. Second option is to have it cut out and patched which saves the structure inside but then instead of one cut I have four in the shape of a square. Wouldn't this eventually turn into a problem area? I'm torn between these two choices and just looking for advise. Thanks.
Notuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

Had the same problem on my then new Cedar Creek. It was caused when the dealer had to replace a DOA refer before delivery. After fighting them for a couple of months with a terrible looking patch job, we got a new floor. They actually paid us for the job and we found a really good installer who did the job for us. It is going on 6 years now and you can hardly tell it is a different floor. After all was finished, I simply went and bought some pre finished quarter round and nailed it down around the edges.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #3

Depending on the size of the cut and how clean it is, flooring stores have a product just for this. Similar to a glue that essentially mends or welds the two cut pieces back together. When I worked at Menards many years ago, they had the product there. If done correctly, it will last a long time and is unnoticeable to everyone except you. (simply because you know about it).
Old 06-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #4

Glue may be an option. It looks like the cut was caused by a box cutter. Very smooth and about 3 inches long. Talked to Prime Time today and they suggested finding a local flooring company to look at it and see what they say about it. Got to do something pretty soon as it is already raising up at the edges of the cut.
Notuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

If it is only a 3" clean cut, don't even think about replacing it.
Any good flooring installer has the ability to weld the edges back together.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote