Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post
I am glad I came across this forum. We have been Internet shopping for a Prime Time TT. We really like the layout of the 319QBS. We have found one about 1.5 hours away in Lexington, KY at Northside RV. I have been working with the Internet sales rep (Matt) over the phone. They have a loaded 2013 model with a MSRP of over $45000 and without stepping onto the lot yet they are offering $26100. I have no trade-in to worry about either. We have always rented campers in the past. I bought 16 acres from our adjacent neighbor, so I finally have a place to park and store a large camper. My question to you is have you had any other problems. If you don't mind, I might show him this forum post to find out why they did not pick this up during the PDI. He told me that their dealership prides themselves in having the sales agent go over everything with a fine tooth comb with the owners as opposed to handing you off to someone else after the sale. Any other additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.
I would recommend you go to the prime time section of this forum and look around.
Prime time makes one of the better units out there, but most all units on the market will have problems of some kind.
Good luck on picking out your new unit

Carl

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post
I am glad I came across this forum. We have been Internet shopping for a Prime Time TT. We really like the layout of the 319QBS. We have found one about 1.5 hours away in Lexington, KY at Northside RV. I have been working with the Internet sales rep (Matt) over the phone. They have a loaded 2013 model with a MSRP of over $45000 and without stepping onto the lot yet they are offering $26100. I have no trade-in to worry about either. We have always rented campers in the past. I bought 16 acres from our adjacent neighbor, so I finally have a place to park and store a large camper. My question to you is have you had any other problems. If you don't mind, I might show him this forum post to find out why they did not pick this up during the PDI. He told me that their dealership prides themselves in having the sales agent go over everything with a fine tooth comb with the owners as opposed to handing you off to someone else after the sale. Any other additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
we bought our 2012 Tracer from Matt Henahan. he is a great guy and gave us a great deal. The only problem we have had is the slide, but we caused the problem when a door jammed it going out. Thanks Bob

Old 09-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #13

Sorry I was slow to respond. Our Camper is currently in the shop at Northside RV again and has been for about two more weeks. One of the stabilizer jacks had to be replaced. I was told they have sent a new one, but I have not been told if it has arrived at Northside yet.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
I doubt that the window is defective. More likely it was not prepped properly before the install. Sometimes the window opening is a little large and the window must be centered in the hole. Not just stuck in and tightened.

After 3-4 years the window near the bed on my previous rig started leaking. I removed it, placed new putty tape around the window, centered and tightened it up. I also ran a bead of clear polyurethane caulk across the top of the window and down 3" on both sides.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #15

Our story continues…our camper went back to the shop September 4, 2013 due to one of the stabilizer jacks being defective. Prime Time said that they will replace it with a new one but so far it still hasn’t been received today’s date is Sept. 19, 2013. We have owned our camper for 12 weeks tomorrow and most of that time it’s been in the repair shop. Would I do it again, NO!!!!!!!! The Service Department at Northside RV has been awesome in trying to fix the issues but after this experience I would NEVER buy another Prime Time and I will warn others against it as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #16

I too have not been all that impressed with my Lacrosse 318 BHS, my last trip out was the first time that something didn't break or fall apart. It takes 2 people to close the outside kitchen door, what a piece of crap that setup is. Pretty disappointing unit considering all the hype. I wouldn't buy one again and if they are one of the better constructed units out there, an awful lot of manufacturers are sending out complete garbage then.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #17

I feel your pain. I am sorry both of you are having these issues. I have had my fair share of "lemons" in my life but, realize it's one of those "pains" that every manufacturer goes through. And some handle them better than others to make it right.

So, let's see.......3 years (this month), 10,000 miles towed (original tires), 300 nights spent in it and....

1) Oct. 2010 - Fridge quit. My fault, I had it parked on a severe angle and the thermocouple tripped. Dealer diagnosed and replaced it in 10 minutes.
2) Bed platform hinge screws pulled out or broke off. I reattached with better screws. Notified RV Guy who made sure assembly workers were using the proper hardware for the specific application.
3) April 2011 - No hot water in docking station. I found a "kinked hose" behind the docking station and repaired/rerouted it myself.
4) May 2012 - Broken front stabilizer jack. My fault, I put too much weight on it by lowering the tongue jack while trying to level the TT.
5) June 2013 - Main slide wouldn't go out. My fault again. I neglected to maintain or have dealer inspect slide for proper alignment and lubrication over the years. Dealer realigned and lubed slide mechanism.

So, just sayin'......although I've had a few what I would consider minor problems, the majority my fault, I have been very happy with my Prime Time. I realize every manufacturer has quality control issues, Prime Time seems to have the fewest problems as these forums attest. There are many, many more happy satisfied customers then unhappy ones. So, considering Prime Times' track record in the industry, I for one, wouldn't give up on them for future consideration.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #18

I agree with rracer5. All brands have issues, that is why it takes 3 weeks to get your RV into the shop for repair with a dealer that has over 20 techs.

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse, prime time