Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 AM   #81

Thanks everyone for your help we are still looking but I think we are leaning toward the 325res it has most of the things we like. I wish we could see the different options they have but no one has them near us. The Crusaders are very nice.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcross275 View Post
Thanks everyone for your help we are still looking but I think we are leaning toward the 325res it has most of the things we like. I wish we could see the different options they have but no one has them near us. The Crusaders are very nice.
We are glad we when with the 325res with the Queen size sofa makes the LR bigger and while it makes the shower a little smaller it is still plenty big enough. I think you will be happy with the 325res.

RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #83

Go for it.
We have not regretted our decision, now in our second full year with our rig.

I'm quite tall (6'6") and really appreciate that I can fully stand up in the bedroom without hitting anything, plus the residential sized queen bed, and no tripping hazzards.
Absolutely LOVE the kitchen, and the huge shower in our model.
Anywhere we go, we get a lot of rubber necking because of all the windows and large slides.

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs325RES View Post
Go for it.
We have not regretted our decision, now in our second full year with our rig.

I'm quite tall (6'6") and really appreciate that I can fully stand up in the bedroom without hitting anything, plus the residential sized queen bed, and no tripping hazzards.
Absolutely LOVE the kitchen, and the huge shower in our model.
Anywhere we go, we get a lot of rubber necking because of all the windows and large slides.

x100 - we love ours too - it is an early 2014 RES Touring Edition so we have no linen closet next to shower so the shower is the full width of bathroom - super spacious and DITTO on the gawkers with the atrium windows 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #85

Thanks so much for all of your comments it helps to know you are happy with the choice you made and the Crusader brand we have not seen anything we like as well aand it does catch your eye.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #86

Question

Haven't had the 5ver out since Memorial Day Weekend it has been too hot. I hadn't been inside it in about 3 weeks and I keep it in a pole barn so, it is not in direct sunlight. Yesterday I went in it to get something and noticed about half the light covers had fallen off. Has anyone else had a problem with the covers falling off? And if so what was your solution? I was up on the roof a few weeks ago putting vent covers on could just moving around on the roof cause this?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
... noticed about half the light covers had fallen off. Has anyone else had a problem with the covers falling off? And if so what was your solution? I was up on the roof a few weeks ago putting vent covers on could just moving around on the roof cause this?
It's likely the covers were not installed correctly in the beginning. They lock in by sliding them into the slots. Mine have never fallen out.

2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
Old 08-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #88

Cool replacing table with booth

I know I was reading where someone replaced the table and chairs with a booth in the 325 RES, but can't find it!!! Has anyone out there done this? I was told by our dealer/service tech's that it can't be done because of the windows.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #89

We decided to take the 5ver out for a long weekend since it was just sitting in the pole barn begging to go somewhere. We are at Oleno SP which is around 10 miles from our house so we get here, drop the rig and do the auto level. Usually once it finishes I put in the X-Chocks, so I grab one and walk around to the tires. To my surprise the tires are completely off the ground!! My rear jacks are just behind the wheels. The 5ver feels about as stable as with the tires on the ground. Will I damage anything with them like that? Should I run home and get some dunage?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #90

Mine did that once on one side (kitchen). I left it like that for a week with no ill effects. All doors seemed to work normally too which suggests no frame flexing.
Make sure you allow enough adjustability (sp?) for the front landing gear. If you don't run them down a few inches before dropping the legs, the system will force itself to raise the rear to match for level. I've done this since with better results.

Norm & Karen Zondervan

Tags
crusader