Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #11
PROS: What everybody else said plus it makes it easy to prepare a quick meal on the road and/or when we first arrive at the CG tired & hungry. I always leave a little FW onboard so that we can always wash our hands. Our outdoor sink drains into the black tank so I use it flush & prime the black tank... Resale Value - Before they were more common lots of camping neighbors would stop by to checks ours out & were convinced their next RV would also have one...

CONS: Pros far outweigh cons. However, our stock grill is poor quality & the low pressure SS RV-style grills that would mount in its place are not as good as a portable Weber, etc... Our 2 burners do not heat-up food as fast as the indoor stovetop ones. Not sure why. Like most, ours in in the rear under a bunk so when campsites slope downward in the back the countertop can get rather high. It's another BIG opening that requires a good seal to keep water out... I have adjusted our latches a couple times to keep the seal tight & rain out...

2011 RAM 2500 ST Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
2011 Primetime 3150BHD Touring Edition
Days camped in 2016-36
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #12
Another big fan of the outdoor kitchen here. We do almost all of our cooking outside. Ours has a 2 burner slide out, sink, microwave, and dorm style fridge. We put a small table out for our Weber Q and have it piped to the gas line so other than an oven we have everything we need out there.

As others have said it also keeps the kids from going in and out a million times which means less bugs and mess inside. It never occurred to me to have the fridge run on propane since we always camp with hookups but I guess that could be a negative for some.

2015 Ram 3500 CC SRW SB 6.7 Diesel Powered Baby!
2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 21
mikeysotp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #13
Have one and love it. Fridge isn't the greatest but no more cooler with beer/ice sitting outside. First one we had with the outside kitchen. Like one poster said, one more thing to remember to winterize.
chriscwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #14
Mine just has the grill and the frig but I love it. The only con is that the air conditioning doesn't help.
Jim, Julie and Rags the boss.
2015 Dodge CTD 3500 Bighorn pulling 2014 Wildcat 317RL. Life is good when spent with family and friends.
jeepman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:55 PM   #15
we love ours. When we were looking for a new one, it wasn't a "deal breaker" if it had one or not, but now, it may be. It makes cooking, cleaning, etc so much easier and with the fridge also, we don't have people running in and out of the TT. We fill our pots outside for cooking on the stove top, etc. We totally love ours and no issues so far with it.

we have:
2 burner stove top
dorm stile fridge that works wonders
2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #16
Carknocker Family
I agree with everyones pro's.

The only con have is ours is set up with half our grey water capacity is to the outside kitchen only. The rest of the camper; inside kitchen, shower, bathroom sink, goes to one tank. The other is outside kitchen sink only. Wish shower was tied to that tank.

Maybe, new project.
Nights camped 2014...26
Nights camped 2015...20
Nights camped 2016...20
2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
Only con is wishing I had the bigger one with the dorm fridge instead of the mini fridge. All of them I saw with the bigger fridge also had cabinets up top. Would make for a great outside bar.

Ours is the smaller one with the two burner grill, sink and mini fridge and it works great.
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #18
Here's a pic of mine
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470252096.502634.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	116194
2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #19
We just upgraded our 5ver this year.. and a manditory item was an outdoor kitchen.. I used to build a out door kitchen with a fridge, toaster, coffee maker, lights etc.. it took a long time to set up, it would get rained on if there was a large wind and we had to bring in the awning. we had kids steal all our drinks out of the fridge one night etc.

Our new trailer only has a fridge and upper cabinet, but that was all we could get with the trailer model we wanted. Heritage Glen 368flbhk. I added a toaster and Kurig machine and i am happy as a clam.. Being an early riser, I am the first one up in the morning and like to sit outside with the dog and make my breakfast in peace.

I had to mod my kitchen door to add a gas strut since the trailer only had the ability to latch it fully open against the side of the trailer (no roof..)
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #20
Outside kitchen was a deal maker for me. Having a sink, fridge, cabinets, 120v plugs, and a drop down TV right beside the swung out grill is my "man cave".

ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

outdoor kitchen