Old 08-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #21

I used to have one and kind of miss it. To my wife it wasn't that big a deal. If I could choose between the same floor plan with or without, I would choose with.
I had no complaints with having one.

2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel
Bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #22

We had I first outside kitchen on a (2014)Keystone Premier 35ft camper. We loved the TV and refrig outside BUT we always had leaks. Had entire opening replaced (warranty) and it still leaked!!! We NEVER solved this problem even with good dealer help. My new Signature Rockwood does NOT have an outside kitchen!! If I liked a floor plan better, I would go for that unit. I say NO for outside kitchens!!!!

Old 08-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #23
I go RV'ing not Camping

We only had 2 deal breakers on our trailer. It had to have a bunkhouse with a door and it had to have an outside kitchen. We have never cooked inside our trailer in 2 years. Washing hands is a breeze and no mess inside the trailer.

And a cold one is only a few steps away....No cons on the outside kitchen from us at all
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkwalter View Post
We had I first outside kitchen on a (2014)Keystone Premier 35ft camper. We loved the TV and refrig outside BUT we always had leaks. Had entire opening replaced (warranty) and it still leaked!!! We NEVER solved this problem even with good dealer help. My new Signature Rockwood does NOT have an outside kitchen!! If I liked a floor plan better, I would go for that unit. I say NO for outside kitchens!!!!
Had it on our last camper. When it came time for the new 5er my wife picked everything. My only input was NO outdoor kitchen. The pass through is wired for tv ~~ great. One less thing to winterize, one less area to leak (ours did not), a portable gas grill works better than the stoves, no ac or heat leakage, more room inside, no need to worry about an extra point for ants, bees, or ?? to enter, and I prefer to cook without a fly on the food (smoke from the grill seems to eliminate that).
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #25

We love our outdoor kitchen. We have a dorm fridge and a sink. we keep drinks and snacks/finger food in the fridge. set up a tv on the counter and now we can relax at the end of the day without going in and out of the tt for things. the dogs always want to go inside when we do so having some food and drinks, napkins etc. outside keeps the inside much cleaner. Only con I can think of is that it takes up what would be storage space. Cincia
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #26

Well I'm only reading a couple of negative posts on the outside kitchen, but they do point out some valid points. However, the pros do seem to out number the cons....
There's a good chance I'll go look at a Crusader 297RSK this Friday. Dealer is about 2 hours away, but as close to me as any other that carry PT's.

Here's a couple of pics of the outdoor kitchen from the dealers web site.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStacey616 View Post
I like ours because of the "dorm fridge" to store beer, soda, water, extra food, extra beer.... and the sink is good for washing "dirt hands" when cooking on the stove top. I mainly cook bacon and stuff like that outside.... Con's - I really don't have any.
Ditto. Only con is can't use in rain without installing second awning. Which will be doing cause I love my outside kitchen.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #28

The outside kitchen in my sunset trail only has a fridge and a sink and some cabinets.
I love the big outside fridge.

I only ever use the sink to water the dog when we're outside and I store very little in the cabinets.

I guess I could live without it. Sunset Trail has an 8 cu ft fridge inside. I'll have to buy an auxiliary fridge to use in the windjammer though, 6 cu ft isn't enough. We figure we'll just get a fridge the size of the one in the sunset trail outside kitchen and set it out on the patio next to the trailer.

Edited to add: The outside kitchen door is big and it's handy to sit the grill under if it's sprinkling outside, and then use the countertop to sit stuff on while grilling.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #29
Site Team

Slightly OT but important for everyone has an outdoor kitchen.
On many models with a fridge, FR has cut 2-3 4" holes in the wall behind the fridge and corresponding holes on the inside of the RV ( fitted with a heat vent type louver) to dissipate the heat when the fridge is running and the kitchen door is closed. The only problem is that they did not put a screen over the hole and with the kitchen door open, insects can enter the main living area. The problem can be corrected by simply cutting a piece of nylon window screen slightly larger than the hole and gluing it over the hole. Simply pop off the inside louvers and you have access to the back of the hole in the outside wall.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #30

I notice that the one I'm looking at doesn't have the sink in the outdoor kitchen. I may have to re-think this.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor kitchen