Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #11

Batteries: I don't see that you have any issues with your batteries, if the batteries were drained real low to start with, then they take a while to get back to a full charge. Towing and charging is slow, don't expect to re-charge very quick at all. A fully charged battery to start with will maintain while towing and running the heater, but takes much longer to rebuild a charge.

As for shore line charge, depending on the original state of the batteries, it may take more than 6 hours. If you place a seperate battery charger on and watch it closely, it may take 4-5 hours depending on the original state of the batteries.

I think if I was the dealer, I would have made sure the batteries where had a full charge at the time of the PDI, but there again, I'm not the dealer.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
Don't call me Junior!!!

OK.. an update for those who might be interested to know.

Dealer is willing to ship a new cabinet door to me. They apologized repeatedly. HOWEVER they wanted me to measure the cabinet door, I found this rather odd as they have another one just like it sitting on their lot..

I was going to take the time out of my day to go measure the cabinet when low and behold someone from Prime Time who obviously keeps up with the forums emailed me and requested to take care of it directly from the factory. Huh? Customer service in 2012 when customer service us pretty much dead? Let me repeat that, I did not even have to call them; they learned of this through this forum and contacted me first. Color me more than impressed. I know everyone swears their service is second to none.. If I wasn’t convinced before.. I am a believer now. New Cabinet door is shipping tomorrow and I have absolutely no doubt it will be here as promised.

Second issue. Dead Battery. I had no clue but the service manager called and asked me if our delivery tech had hooked up the wiring under the hood of our Tahoe to allow for battery feed, apparently these are not hooked up from the factory because they can drain the TV battery if left hooked up when the TV is not running. Delivery Tech obviously forgot to hook this wire up. After researching this one the web it is fact true. I have to find the wire and hook it to the fuse box in order to charge the battery while towing.. He said virtually all vehicles are shipped this way from the factory... SO.. The problem is or will be solved soon. Just goes to show how little our 'Tech" knew even though claimed to work at the dealership since the 70's.

So far, two problems and two very quick resolutions. This forum, combined with Prime Times serious commitment to service makes us a total believer that we did in fact make the very best choice. No matter the dealer experience, the factory is absolutely committed to customer service.

I recently spent 50K on a Chevy Tahoe. After we took delivery we discovered the microphone for Bluetooth and OnStar did not work. We called the dealer, they seemed uninterested in helping us, suggested calling OnStar. Called OnStar, they suggested taking it to the dealer. Called the dealer, they can’t seem to fit us into their busy schedule.. We are a month out and the microphone still doesn’t work.
1 post on this forum about a DEALER issue and the factory responds directly to the consumer with an immediate resolution. I can only say WOW.

Thank everyone for thier interest and help. Anyone considering a new TT should make Prime Time thier top choice.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #13

Also before you go running wires or looking for wires, check you owners manual for the tahoe and find the port for the fuse for the trailer, usually is a big one, on both of my previous suburbans, all I had to do was install the fuse, the wiring is usually complete.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #14

I just looked on Chevy's website, they don't list a owners manual for the Tahoe but the Silverado it lists it as a 40 amp fuse, in block #68, and states it is optional, fuse required.

Check that first.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #15
Don't call me Junior!!!

Thanks flyrotor... The dealer suggested it was a fuse also, but as we already have the HD towing package with facotry installed trailer brake controller it is a wire, I did a google search and everything is wired up except for the one cable that is taped between the wheel shroud and the fuse box. I have located the wire but is raining and cold here at the moment. I didnt feel like dragging out the tools and such as our first trip is not scheduled until New Years weekend.

Sure glad I ran that TV trying to get enough juice to the trailer to charge the battery a little LOL.. Just spend 5 bucks in fuel accomplishing nothing!

I will let you know if this is the solution but my bet is I have it figured out.