Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Don't call me Junior!!!

Exclamation Picked up our new toy today! Questions and Advice please

We made it half way across Texas today to pick up our new toy (2600RLS) AND back home again.. Long drive, long day, lots of excitement.

Let me start by saying we knew exactly what we wanted (Much to do with this forum) and found the best deal we could on the unit we wanted about 5 hours from our home in Midland TX. Dealer was OK. I cannot say they were fantastic nor can I say they were horrible either. We received a fantastic deal and were not beat to a pulp by the finance department.

A couple of issues that I would really appreciate input on, they had a gentleman do the "Walk Through" with us. He was extremely knowledgeable on Travel Trailers in general, he definitely knew his stuff, be he definitely didn’t know all the particulars the Tracer models.

First issue which I consider MINOR was the fact the literature and spec sheet on this unit says it comes with an outside shower in the docking station. When he got to that point we all noticed there was nothing but a blue hose attached to the spigot, when we asked where the shower head was he was lost, he called in the Salesman who said Primetime doesn’t ship the units with any spray head or shower head, I pressed him and showed him the literature clearly shows it comes with an outdoor shower, not an outdoor blue hose connection, He then proceeded to offer me 5 bucks out of his own pocket to go purchase a shower head or spray nozzle from Home Depot.. I respectfully declined the cash offer and told him I would take care of it myself. Seems Minor to me, I can purchase either for less than 10 bucks.. BUT what’s the answer.. Comes with a shower head or spray nozzle or doesn’t it..

Ok.. Major issue.. Guy is doing our walk through. We opted for the free standing dinette with 4 chairs because 99% of the time it will only by my wife and I. We liked that option best. While doing our walk through we asked the gentleman about these black nylon straps lying on the floor of the unit. He tells us they are used during shipping from the factory, they should have been thrown away during PDI but were not.. He said we could keep them or dispose of them, our choice, We chose to keep them thankfully. When we got home with the unit to show off our baby we discovered exactly what these straps were supposed to do.. Keep the chairs from flying around and damaging other items in the trailer (Please see attached photos...) As you can see, the cabinet door was whacked pretty good by a flying chair as it was not properly strapped down.. Do you feel it is fair and proper for me to ask them to replace the cabinet door as this is clearly what the straps were intended to prevent? Or is this our own fault for taking their word and not doing our homework..

Thank you for listening to the long winded explanation. I am not trying to trash a dealer; I just want to get opinions before my guns start blazing and making demands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Damage1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	9562   Click image for larger version

Name:	damage2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	9563  
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #2

Congrats on the tt and I hope you and your family have many years of enjoyment with it. Of course I'm biased, but I believe you made a great choice. PT build great tt's and have excellent service after the sale.

The blue hose is what I received with my LaCrosse. I believe this is standard on all their units. I did like the salesman suggested to you and bought a brass nozzle at Lowe's.

I would definitely demand the dealership replace the cabinet door. You asked about the straps and they misinformed you. Their bad, so let them pay for the damages. If they deny responsibility, contact PT. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Hope things work out for you. Keep us informed.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #3

they need to make it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I would definitely demand the dealership replace the cabinet door. You asked about the straps and they misinformed you. Their bad, so let them pay for the damages. If they deny responsibility, contact PT. I'm sure they'll take care of you.
yes they fell short with that one
they need to make it right
should be no problem
most all with a little experience know
things move around while we bump down the road
question
what if you would have had to SLAM on your brakes ??
yes
just throw a chair as hard as you can to see what happens

Mountainmanbob
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:30 AM   #4

I just went to PT's web site and checked out the floorplan for the 2600RLS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2600RLS.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	9565

I noticed there are two rocker chairs at the rear of the tt. They also should be strapped down while in transit.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Don't call me Junior!!!

Thanks guys. Found the straps under the two rear swivels also. Thanks for the heads up. They are pretty heavy but I strapped them down. Better to be safe than sorry.

I Spoke with the salesman today. He said he would get with his service manager tomorrow and see if he can ship a cabinet door directly to me since he is over 300 miles away. I will let you know!

On another note. Shouldn’t the battery be fully charged after about a 6 hour drive? Went out this morning and the battery meter showed it was almost completely dead, Lights were dim and I couldn’t open the pop out. I did leave the furnace running but only set to about 50 degrees because it was near freezing last night.. Plugged it into shore power for about 6 hours and it is now reading nearly 50%....

Asked the salesman about the battery issue and he had no idea, said he would have the service manager call me in the morning.

Cannot tell you how much I apprecaite this forum.. Invaluable for newbies like me, especially when the salesman is of little help.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #6

voltmeter to come in very handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTex View Post

On another note. Shouldn’t the battery be fully charged after about a 6 hour drive?

I did leave the furnace running but only set to about 50 degrees because it was near freezing last night..

Plugged it into shore power for about 6 hours and it is now reading nearly 50%....
new to trailer life here
but
had a motor home for many years
it had two deep cell batteries
and would run the furnace for serveral hours
if you only have one battery
one must learn to conserve the juice
one battery running a few lights ,TV and other
will not last long

but
I would think that after being hooked up to shore power for 6 hours
battery should read full charge

I have found a voltmeter to come in very handy
then
comparing it to my coach meter
gives me a good (true) idea of what is going on

such as
check voltage at battery
then check again while hooked up to either
shore power or truck (while running) wiring
should see a noticeable jump

when I bought my trailer
the guy had let the water level in the battery
drop below the plates
yes
it was shot

keeping water levels correct in a battery
keeps them alive for a long time

Mountainmanbob
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #7

mmb ... information is great ... but loose the format.

thx .. dmo
Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
mmb ... information is great ... but loose the format.

thx .. dmo

I agree but I started to put music to it.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #9
Site Team

At first I thought it was a poem then noticed it didn't rhyme.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
Don't call me Junior!!!

LOL.. I was trying to rap to it.

on a serious note. Do these things even come with an owners manual? If so, we didnt get one.

Should it charge in 6 hours on shore power? Should it charge while towing? Is there a switch we didnt throw? Is the battery bad? We don't have any clue and quite honestly it is irritating at best. We just want to go have a good time and we spent a lot of money (at least to us) to do so.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #11

Batteries: I don't see that you have any issues with your batteries, if the batteries were drained real low to start with, then they take a while to get back to a full charge. Towing and charging is slow, don't expect to re-charge very quick at all. A fully charged battery to start with will maintain while towing and running the heater, but takes much longer to rebuild a charge.

As for shore line charge, depending on the original state of the batteries, it may take more than 6 hours. If you place a seperate battery charger on and watch it closely, it may take 4-5 hours depending on the original state of the batteries.

I think if I was the dealer, I would have made sure the batteries where had a full charge at the time of the PDI, but there again, I'm not the dealer.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
Don't call me Junior!!!

OK.. an update for those who might be interested to know.

Dealer is willing to ship a new cabinet door to me. They apologized repeatedly. HOWEVER they wanted me to measure the cabinet door, I found this rather odd as they have another one just like it sitting on their lot..

I was going to take the time out of my day to go measure the cabinet when low and behold someone from Prime Time who obviously keeps up with the forums emailed me and requested to take care of it directly from the factory. Huh? Customer service in 2012 when customer service us pretty much dead? Let me repeat that, I did not even have to call them; they learned of this through this forum and contacted me first. Color me more than impressed. I know everyone swears their service is second to none.. If I wasn’t convinced before.. I am a believer now. New Cabinet door is shipping tomorrow and I have absolutely no doubt it will be here as promised.

Second issue. Dead Battery. I had no clue but the service manager called and asked me if our delivery tech had hooked up the wiring under the hood of our Tahoe to allow for battery feed, apparently these are not hooked up from the factory because they can drain the TV battery if left hooked up when the TV is not running. Delivery Tech obviously forgot to hook this wire up. After researching this one the web it is fact true. I have to find the wire and hook it to the fuse box in order to charge the battery while towing.. He said virtually all vehicles are shipped this way from the factory... SO.. The problem is or will be solved soon. Just goes to show how little our 'Tech" knew even though claimed to work at the dealership since the 70's.

So far, two problems and two very quick resolutions. This forum, combined with Prime Times serious commitment to service makes us a total believer that we did in fact make the very best choice. No matter the dealer experience, the factory is absolutely committed to customer service.

I recently spent 50K on a Chevy Tahoe. After we took delivery we discovered the microphone for Bluetooth and OnStar did not work. We called the dealer, they seemed uninterested in helping us, suggested calling OnStar. Called OnStar, they suggested taking it to the dealer. Called the dealer, they can’t seem to fit us into their busy schedule.. We are a month out and the microphone still doesn’t work.
1 post on this forum about a DEALER issue and the factory responds directly to the consumer with an immediate resolution. I can only say WOW.

Thank everyone for thier interest and help. Anyone considering a new TT should make Prime Time thier top choice.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #13

Also before you go running wires or looking for wires, check you owners manual for the tahoe and find the port for the fuse for the trailer, usually is a big one, on both of my previous suburbans, all I had to do was install the fuse, the wiring is usually complete.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #14

I just looked on Chevy's website, they don't list a owners manual for the Tahoe but the Silverado it lists it as a 40 amp fuse, in block #68, and states it is optional, fuse required.

Check that first.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #15
Don't call me Junior!!!

Thanks flyrotor... The dealer suggested it was a fuse also, but as we already have the HD towing package with facotry installed trailer brake controller it is a wire, I did a google search and everything is wired up except for the one cable that is taped between the wheel shroud and the fuse box. I have located the wire but is raining and cold here at the moment. I didnt feel like dragging out the tools and such as our first trip is not scheduled until New Years weekend.

Sure glad I ran that TV trying to get enough juice to the trailer to charge the battery a little LOL.. Just spend 5 bucks in fuel accomplishing nothing!

I will let you know if this is the solution but my bet is I have it figured out.