Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #1

Prime Time 2nd Year Warranty

Does anyone have any info. on why Prime Time does not have a 2nd year warranty? I sent in my form with the $150.00 to Forest River, and they sent it back saying Prime Time does not offer it. (even though Prime Time is through Forest River) I called Prime Time, and the person really had no info. other than to say they do not offer it. ( with the track history I have had with this product, I am going to need it.....)

Tim
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear your frustration with this.

You probably need to hear back from RV Guy on this question.

Not that this will help you, but my best guess is that the answer is probably the difference between a division and a brand. My understanding is that Primetime is a division, and I would guess that means it is organized as a complete and separate unit of Forest River (and FR's many products or brands).

That means they can set their own strategic direction and are not required to offer (or may not even have the option of) the same 2nd year warranty as FR brands. They'll report back to FR as the corporate headquarters, but they operate as an independent business. But, like I said, just a guess.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #3

Thanks for the response, you're probably right on this. I guess I'll just hope for the best.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #4

Prime Time doesn't offer the second year warranty. Wish they did, but they don't.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #5

What's the track record?

PT seems like a company that would step up to the plate outside the warranty period if it was a typically covered 2nd year warranty item anyhow. Don't forget that many of the items in the trailer are covered under longer warranties also.
mister_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
Site Team

Prime Time, along with Coachmen, Dynamax, Viking and Shasta, were recent acquisitions of FR, mainly from the recession.
they bought these companies but they aren't older members of the FR family,which has the 2nd year warranty.
these acquisitions, including Palomino, are somewhat still independent and make their own policies.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50
Prime Time doesn't offer the second year warranty. Wish they did, but they don't.
I purchased a 2012 Sanibel and according to my paperwork I have a 2 year warranty
Topshelf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #8

yeah...i wondered why the sanibel line indicates that the "optional" 2 year forest river extended warranty is "included"...

yet, we cant "optionally" add it to our lacrosse or other "prime time" product????

maybe the extended warranty is offerd at prime's discretion, and they only opt to include/offer it on their highest end models??? beats me
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
DS ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
... maybe the extended warranty is offerd at prime's discretion, and they only opt to include/offer it on their highest end models??? ...
That's exactly what PT Customer Support told me when I called them as I was purchasing my Lacrosse.

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time