Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #1

Prime Time Avenger

Have owned it for a year. Bought new. Dining table broke, arm rest/back of dining bench broke, shower leaks, burnwr on dtove won't light, slideouts leak, mold growing in front and back storage, heater did not work, A/C didn't cool much, awning tore, window shade screws came out. Anyone else have these problems?
Gigimaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #2

Usually most owners of PT products have had few problems with their units. Very few have had multiple or serious issues. A few questions though......how did the dining table break? How did the "arm rest" break? Did you bring it back to the dealer while still under warranty to have the issues addressed?
rracer5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #3

Dining table pulled loose from floor because the screws were not put in straight and they were too short. Arm rest/ back of bench seat broke while some one sat down andleaned back. Yes took it to dealer. They have had it 3 months now. Missed two camping trips. Had to rent rooms for family reunion. All still under warranty.
Gigimaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigimaw View Post
Dining table pulled loose from floor because the screws were not put in straight and they were too short. Arm rest/ back of bench seat broke while some one sat down andleaned back. Yes took it to dealer. They have had it 3 months now. Missed two camping trips. Had to rent rooms for family reunion. All still under warranty.

A call directly to Prime Time should be your next move. Your dealer is not giving you good service. Prime Time may be able to expedite the repair on your issues with "expert" advice/procedures & repair parts to your dealer.

Prime Time Contact Us
rracer5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:18 PM   #5

I agree with rracer5.

You may also try contacting PT through their web site. I have always received a quick response, usually the next day.

Here's a link to their contact page; Prime Time Contact Us
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigimaw View Post
My U_shaped dinette booth free standing back broke loose from the wall support after a friend leaned back against it while sliding out of the dinette. When we got the trailer home I looked at the damage. I found that the "P.T. Craftsmen" had used 1/4 inch staples to go through a 1/8 inch panel and into the wall support. meaning that there were 6 staples with only 1/8 of an inch hold on the back of the bench.
Being out of warranty, I removed the staples, drilled pilot holes and screwed the back panel back into place. As an extra measure, I took one of the old cabinet stiles the I removed when I installed my fireplace and glued and screwed it into the wall against the back panel. The stile only needed to be stained to match on one end and no one knows I had to rebuild the bench.

Tags
prime time