Old 01-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #1

Prime Time Avenger Buyer Beware

I just wanted to let others know the issues I am having before they decide to make a purchase from Prime Time Manufacturing. July 2015 I purchased a 2016 Prime Time Avenger 28DBS. Within a week of bringing home it rained and there was a major leak in the slide out. Immediately took it back to the lot and it was determined that the slide out was not properly installed from the manufacturer. Within two weeks of bringing the unit back home a water spot showed up on the bedroom wall near the slide. The lot allowed me to keep the camper for the remainder of camping season and scheduled to take it back in Nov. The wood trim around the bathroom door also began to come apart. So the camper sat on the dealer lot from Nov until Jan 5 2016.

Hooked up and began my travel home and within 20 miles of leaving the lot one of my rear tires blew out. If you saw the pics you can immediately tell it was tire failure. It caused damage to the flooring, skirt, aluminum siding and the refrigerator vent. After being stranded on the Bluegrass Parkway for 2 hours in 20 degree weather finally had spare installed and returned the unit to the lot. Estimate of damages is over $1000. Prime Time is pointing the finger at Treditt Tire Company and they will only replace the wheel and tire. Why they think I want another junk tire put on is beyond comprehension. Prime Time answered my first call but now will not respond to my calls or emails. The tires have under 800 miles on them and I have had the camper for 6 months. I check tire pressure prior to every trip because I am OCD about my tires.

Prime Time claims that customer satisfaction is their #1 priority. That is a complete joke. I just want others to know of my problems prior to purchasing from Prime Time. Met other owners at the campgrounds this summer and not one person that I spoke to had anything good to say about their avenger. UNHAPPY CAMPER!!!!! I will update if Prime Time decides to make things right.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #2

It appears after numerous phone calls and emails Prime Time is going to make things right. I wish I did not have to be relentless to get anything done.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLA15 View Post
It appears after numerous phone calls and emails Prime Time is going to make things right. I wish I did not have to be relentless to get anything done.

Sucks but it's the norm in today's society! I have to ride people's asses for everything!!!! Good luck
Old 04-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

Anyone considering purchasing an Avenger my advice is don't walk away, RUN! Spend a little more money on a Flagstaff or another higher quality unit with better features and you won't regret it.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #5

Sorry you feel that way. It can happen to anyone from time to time with any brand. We have had our Avenger for going on five years. Very few problems. Only minor ones. The dealer fixed them.

Tags
prime time