Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #1

prime time crusader 325 RES

A neighbor stopped by to ask why... i had gone from a F 150 to a F250 for towing my 5ver. We chatted about trucks.. then 5th wheels.. he is the new owner of a prime time crusader 325 RS. The DW and i got a tour of his coach ..VERY NICE ..So .. could i be going to a slightly bigger 5th wheel ?? I would like to hear from current owners of these models..The good ..the bad and the ugly..
Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #2

I currently own the 320 and as of now (1 year) have not had any what you would call big problems with it.After our next trip in early Oct.to Fl. we will have roughly 8k on her.It will be interesting to look back a year from now and hope I'm still problem free.However there are folks who have had some issues and some to me at least sounded serious enough to not use the vehicle until they were resolved.Everything from dangerous tires to bad frame components.slide problems,electrical problems,etc.Do your research on these forums and like the reviews you can find on Amazon for instance, you hopefully will be able to make an informed and well educated choice.In retrospect I am not unhappy with my choice,but there are many,many RV manufacturers to chose from,many models and lots of good prices.Just my By the way your sig.pic.looks to be like a fairly new fiver.Do you mind if I ask what model and year?

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
I currently own the 320 and as of now (1 year) have not had any what you would call big problems with it.After our next trip in early Oct.to Fl. we will have roughly 8k on her.It will be interesting to look back a year from now and hope I'm still problem free.However there are folks who have had some issues and some to me at least sounded serious enough to not use the vehicle until they were resolved.Everything from dangerous tires to bad frame components.slide problems,electrical problems,etc.Do your research on these forums and like the reviews you can find on Amazon for instance, you hopefully will be able to make an informed and well educated choice.In retrospect I am not unhappy with my choice,but there are many,many RV manufacturers to chose from,many models and lots of good prices.Just my By the way your sig.pic.looks to be like a fairly new fiver.Do you mind if I ask what model and year?
We currently own a 2012 Keystone Cougar High Country 299 rks.. We overall have been satisfied with this 5th wheel..like you... some minor stuff needed .We had started with a 2010 puma TT..remember ..i had a F150 also..now with a F250 .. its towing the cougar just fine.. i am going to watch and wait for the right Crusader to come along.. right now.. the dealers are wanting top $$ for crusaders and very little on a trade -in.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #4

We have owned a 325RES since February 2012... We love it!
I too have read some horror stories on this forum concerning Primetime and a few specific to the 325. I am truly sorry for those people who have had trouble but we have had pretty much no issues past a few minor growing pains. We had never owened a camper so we had to learn some things on the fly. The worst problem for us so far is the refrigerator struggles during the dog days of southern Louisiana summer. I plan to bring into the dealer to let them work on it but we have been to busy using it. As far as other complaints, I wish the bathroom door opened in the oppisite direction. If the bedroom is closed you have to back down the stairs a bit to get the bath door opened to go inside. The sofabed is pretty much useless. It is short and doesnt lay level. We bought a queen size blowup and it fits perfect on the living area floor. The TV should raise up a little higher. You have to hold the remote over your head to get the TV to respond. The receptor is at the bottom of the screen and the cabinet blocks the beam. I consider all these issues very minor. I have studied lots of units and truly believe there is no perfect camper.
The good news is so far we havent had any show stopping problems. No leaks, no electrical problems, everything works when it is supposed to. Nothing has come loose or fallen off yet. I guess we will have to wait and see how durable she is.
So if your not looking to sleep more than you and your partner and maybe a few grandkids at one time, I believe you would be happy with this model.
I would be happy to answer any questions you or anyone might have about it.

Pirogue
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
We have owned a 325RES since February 2012... We love it!
I too have read some horror stories on this forum concerning Primetime and a few specific to the 325. I am truly sorry for those people who have had trouble but we have had pretty much no issues past a few minor growing pains. We had never owened a camper so we had to learn some things on the fly. The worst problem for us so far is the refrigerator struggles during the dog days of southern Louisiana summer. I plan to bring into the dealer to let them work on it but we have been to busy using it. As far as other complaints, I wish the bathroom door opened in the oppisite direction. If the bedroom is closed you have to back down the stairs a bit to get the bath door opened to go inside. The sofabed is pretty much useless. It is short and doesnt lay level. We bought a queen size blowup and it fits perfect on the living area floor. The TV should raise up a little higher. You have to hold the remote over your head to get the TV to respond. The receptor is at the bottom of the screen and the cabinet blocks the beam. I consider all these issues very minor. I have studied lots of units and truly believe there is no perfect camper.
The good news is so far we havent had any show stopping problems. No leaks, no electrical problems, everything works when it is supposed to. Nothing has come loose or fallen off yet. I guess we will have to wait and see how durable she is.
So if your not looking to sleep more than you and your partner and maybe a few grandkids at one time, I believe you would be happy with this model.
I would be happy to answer any questions you or anyone might have about it.

Pirogue
thanks for you response..i am waiting for more from others..
Old 09-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #6

I would tend to agree with you Pirogue.If there was one continuing,annoyingissue with our rig,it would be the refrigerator.If you plan ahead you can get it to stay at a decent temp.I started to replace the fans in the rear,but decided against it.I'm not sure if it's a particular issue with that model or if it's a design flaw associated with the trailer.?

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
I would tend to agree with you Pirogue.If there was one continuing,annoyingissue with our rig,it would be the refrigerator.If you plan ahead you can get it to stay at a decent temp.I started to replace the fans in the rear,but decided against it.I'm not sure if it's a particular issue with that model or if it's a design flaw associated with the trailer.?
Do you have the double door model refrigerators ?? That was one of the features that i liked . about the 325 res that my neighbor has..
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #8

dretired, yes it is the double door model RM1350. It's nice and roomy, just wish it held the temp better. According to the temp indicator it is doing 33 degrees F. during the night and early mornings and even during the day on cooler days. However it has gotten as high as 47 on blistering hot days.

RattVader, I plan to let the shop see what they can do for it before the warrenty runs out but I have also considered upgrading the fans. There is lots of discussion on this forum about these and other models with the same problem and other people have resolved it with new and or better fans.
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #9

My neigbor just returned from a trip to Mackinaw with his 325 res and towed it with his F150 super crew just fine. He does have a faulty electric switch for his hot water heater that will have to be replaced ..and ..he did comment about the fan motors in the fridge being noisy
Old 09-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
My neigbor just returned from a trip to Mackinaw with his 325 res and towed it with his F150 super crew just fine. He does have a faulty electric switch for his hot water heater that will have to be replaced ..and ..he did comment about the fan motors in the fridge being noisy
I've had my Prime Time 320 5'vr for almost a year. The only problem a warped entrance door, no problem I'll take it to the dealer when the season is over and they'll take care of it. I should also say I have the noisy frig. as other makes and models have, it's fairly common to the Dometic frig. not Prime Time. I'd buy another Prime Time for sure.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

320 Pime Time

I forgot. I think your friend is pushing it with that 150. Just MHO
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Hmmmm,that there is what you call one of them sensitive subjects.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Actually...hes pulling it..... But your right !! Even with the added leaf springs...hes at ..or ...over the "limits "
Old 09-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Hmmmm,that there is what you call one of them sensitive subjects.
You've got that right... don't want to play in that sandbox but, that 325 has weigh 12,000 to 12,500 lbs gross add the 150 gross combined weight???? yikes
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #15

Didn't realize it was a little heavier than the 320.Still even if a 1/2 ton pickup had a good diesel engine in it,it's still a 1/2 ton pickup.Frame,brakes,axle everything just says to me DON"T.!!

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Exclamation

Quote:
Didn't realize it was a little heavier than the 320.Still even if a 1/2 ton pickup had a good diesel engine in it,it's still a 1/2 ton pickup.Frame,brakes,axle everything just says to me DON"T.!!

I'm with you X-2
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #17

We purchased our 325 RES in April of this year. We've been living in it with 2 dogs and a 2yr old. We LOVE it!! Few minor problems. The DVD player doesn't like to open, I have to open the door and hold the tray down. One of the lights above the sink had the screws loosen up and they had to be re-tightened. I'm very disappointed in the E-stone counter tops. They scratch VERY easily. I was told that the new models don't have the same material. The landing gear switch did go bad and we had to have that replaced. We also have the 4 door fridge. It also has issues holding temps during warmer days. The air conditioning doesn't seem to keep up on really hot days too. We're thinking about adding a second air conditioner and maybe slide covers to help. I'm very interested on how to handle the fridge problems. Keep us posted!! We've spent the summer in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I can't imagine how warm the fridge would get if we were in the south somewhere!!!

Jay & Jill
Kyla (6yr old grandaughter)
Sam (13yr old Lab) Khloe (5yr old Shorkie)
2012 Crusader 325RES
2009 F350
JayandJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #18

A 2nd A/C unit seems like a great idea for that unit.. could possible help the fridge on those HOT summer days ??
Old 09-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #19

Yeah I believe they have learned their lesson on those Estone counter tops.As I recall either someone or maybe it was their website that mentioned that they have discontinued putting these in all their units?

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I went and looked at a 325 tonight and am seriously considering it. I would like to get the new Touring edition but because we like the J-Lounge. I wonder what the Lane version looks like. The dealer has no idea PT had come back out with the Touring edition. Hopefully the dealer can get some pictures so we can decide.

@dretired - Have you decided to go for one?

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time