Old 05-14-2019, 11:27 PM   #1

Prime Time Customer Service

Again, I will say that Prime Time/Spartan customer service is amazing. Not only has my 1245 been essentially issue free thru my first 2 years, but any interaction I have had with Prime Time on any issue has been immediate, and totally satisfied. I can't name individuals, but there have been many, and the result is always the same. Thank you Prime Time / Spartan.

sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:34 PM   #2

I've had the same experience with my Prime Time Avenger, even though I bought it used.

KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:53 AM   #3

I also want to say the customer service support has been very positive so far, Even though I bought my Tracer from craigslist they have been very helpful and sent me the owners manual and winterize guide for my 2012, and said I could order parts direct form them if under 50.00
ocyberbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:38 PM   #4

What is the customer service number? I have the dreaded cap fade, it's a mess, 2.5 year old 3175RSD.
3:31, Husky Centerline
Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
What is the customer service number? I have the dreaded cap fade, it's a mess, 2.5 year old 3175RSD.

You have 30 months from the DATE OF MANUFACTURE to start the process. Send pics and document everything that you have tried to do to alleviate the condition.

Start here: Prime Time Contact Us

Then, once you get an answer from someone, you'll have their email address at Forest River/Prime Time.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #6

I contacted Primetime with the same complaint and was told there is no additional warranty and that specifically the cap is not a Primetime part (sourced from a 3rd party vendor) and there was nothing they would do to assist in repair
fireman2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:36 PM   #7

Yah, I'm not wasting any time trying to get any help for the cap issue. Not at all surprising they won't support repair on it. It's a big deal. They have a bunch of liability issues if they begin fixing this one. Whomever they bought these from pretty much screwed them over. I have painted mine and will do I it again if needed. Sorry the picture is sideways. I have had conversation with PT and they are getting me the correct paint color codes for the brown and the light tan, this tan I found is a bit "eggy" but matches the roof pretty well as it turns out. The PT customer service gal has been helpful thus far, won't hesitate to speak with her again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	516.8 KB
ID:	205639  
3:31, Husky Centerline
Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #8

i have a 2014 Spartan 1032 5th wheel toy hauler that had the cap fade issue. My dealer replaced my front cap free of charge covered by Primetime. Been holding up well since.

2014 Spartan 1032
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD/Duramax
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:24 AM   #9
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpierce View Post
Again, I will say that Prime Time/Spartan customer service is amazing. Not only has my 1245 been essentially issue free thru my first 2 years, but any interaction I have had with Prime Time on any issue has been immediate, and totally satisfied. I can't name individuals, but there have been many, and the result is always the same. Thank you Prime Time / Spartan.
Same experience. I had a flurry of warranty activities before my 1 year was up- crap that I put off and ignored. They and the vendors I dealt with were all quite helpful.

Though, I did get a bit of an eye opening when things took 2 weeks to a month to get through "the process". I can see how rigs sit at dealers for a while sometimes.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Same experience. I had a flurry of warranty activities before my 1 year was up- crap that I put off and ignored. They and the vendors I dealt with were all quite helpful.

Though, I did get a bit of an eye opening when things took 2 weeks to a month to get through "the process". I can see how rigs sit at dealers for a while sometimes.
Just discovered a loss of black paint at the top of my front cap. Checking pictures, it has grown from the size of a quarter last fall to 4 or 5 inches across as of yesterday. Going to get pictures today and start the process. You might want to look yours over.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpierce View Post
Just discovered a loss of black paint at the top of my front cap. Checking pictures, it has grown from the size of a quarter last fall to 4 or 5 inches across as of yesterday. Going to get pictures today and start the process. You might want to look yours over.
Will do. I was up there washing lovebugs off the other day and didn't take notice. But I might take some documentary pictures just to keep track of any changes.

I think Aiken on the FB group posted something about a similar issue. Though her unit has been a train wreck from the beginning.

Tags
customer service, prime time, service