Old 04-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #1

Question Prime Time MB Fifth Wheels - HELP

Happy Monday,

We are selling our current unit and started looking into buying a Prime Time Crusader Lite MB fifth wheel but have seen mixed reviews. The only unit on the lot we could view had a broken back window, several bulges in the walls and a "one of those" salesperson with vague answers.

These units check all our boxes and we like the way they look.

We would really like some input from anyone who has purchased, borrowed, know someone who has one, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Zaskys

Zaskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #2

I don't know anything about them, but I know I made ONE mistake once of buying a trailer strictly on floor plan.

I won't do that again.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Welcome to there Forum Zaskys,

BandJcam has wise advice. I would look at other brands with the same floor plans, they are are many mid bunk models by Grand Design or Heartland or Jayco maybe. We held out for 3 years on a promised floorpan in a Columbus and bought elsewhere. Do your homework and look at Forest River Midbunks too.

Good luck in your search.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #4

I have a crusader lite 27rk and love it. We have not had a major problems with it. It's a 2017 and we have been to FL,Ms,Mo and all over Illinois with it so far.
Crusader 816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #5

You should probably look at other RVs similar to the floor plan you like. A vague salesperson is selling vague products, maybe he knows the product wouldn't perform as you would expect. Usually when a salesperson shows RV like you describe, he wants to look at something else. Go to as many shows and dealers as you can, look before you leap. Get quotes from at least 5 dealers or manufactures. A 4.5 hour drive saved us 7K, and the dealer had hook-ups for overnight stay so we could check everything out - they got everything we found fixed the next morning.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #6

Crusader Lite

We have a 2016 Crusader Lite that we have towed from Southwest Louisiana to Wyoming, North Padre Island, Texas, up to the Great Smokey Mountains NP and all over Louisiana and into western parts of Mississippi. Our only problem was first trip out our AC would not work, it was replace under warranty. I did a few mods to our unit, the grey and black holding tank drain valves are underneath the trailer. I put extension rods on both so that I do not have to get on my knees to dump tanks. I also removed the bathroom door, If you were coming from the bedroom to the bath, you had to close the bedroom door, go place the bathroom, turn around and then open the bathroom door. Since it is just the wife and I that travel, we just removed the door. That one 15K AC unit will not keep the trailer cool in the heat of southern states. I added a second 15K unit and the two can keep the unit cool. I would recommend that if you choose not to add the second unit at time of purchase, make sure that you get a trailer that is wired for the 2nd unit. The dealer is going to stick it to you for that 2nd unit installed. His cost to you will be around $1500.00, cost of new 15K unit delivered to your door is around $650.00, hookup on a prewired trailer is simple. Your only problem will be getting someone to lift the unit to top of trailer. Good luck with your purchase and Happy Trails to you.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #7

Have a 2017 Crusader 315. Have had the usual trim problems and igniter problem with refrigerator, but overall same stuff you will have with anybody else. They all use the same components at a given price level. You can probably go to a Luxe and get somewhat better quality, but you'll pay 100 grand or better for the rig. Even then it won't guarantee you a problem free life. There's good and bad in every line.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #8

I own a Forest River product but would never buy a prime time based on all of the negative reviews I've seen.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskys View Post
Happy Monday,

We are selling our current unit and started looking into buying a Prime Time Crusader Lite MB fifth wheel but have seen mixed reviews. The only unit on the lot we could view had a broken back window, several bulges in the walls and a "one of those" salesperson with vague answers.

These units check all our boxes and we like the way they look.

We would really like some input from anyone who has purchased, borrowed, know someone who has one, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Zaskys
"Bulges in the walls"...RUN from that one!
Old 05-17-2018, 02:48 AM   #10

I have a 34 MB I purchased last year. We purchased it for the floor plan which we love. Issues I've had are all minimal like loose trim, loose handles. I have checked the roof recently and saw some loose trim that secures the edge of roof to wall. Overall I think no matter what you buy you'll have issues. We must constantly check our rvs for issues before they become bigger problems. After all it's a house on wheels and things get loose traveling the bumpy roadways.
Jtoyo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:58 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I own a Forest River product but would never buy a prime time based on all of the negative reviews I've seen.
i have a PrimeTime TT and i'm VERY happy with it.
it had a lot of upgraded features that other brands of TTs didn't have for the similar price.

do i have issues? sure but not anything major.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, prime time, wheel