Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
sji

prime time warranty contact

Has anyone found anyone at Prime Time that truly is helpful in resolving warranty problems? My Crusader has been at the dealer for 10 weeks now and the dealer and Prime Time Warranty dept have not resolved the problems that were identified in our original PDI. These issues were original when the fifth was delivered to the dealer. We are at loss as to how to get these problems resolved between Prime Time and our dealer. We purchased in September, took delivery in October, used it once and the dealer told us to return it in November so all issues could be repaired. So far 2 problems have been repaired, but a long list remains for us to get our trailer back. Prime Time, according to the dealer, keeps asking for more photos and has yet to give approval for work to be completed. The dealer tells us all photos were sent and Prime Time responded that the unit is not in need of repairs. We are also waiting on furniture replacement and nothing has even been ordered yet. So, can anyone give us any or all contacts at Prime Time that have been helpful in resolving customer service issues. Thanks!
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #2

Todd has been VERY helpful for my warranty issues 574-862-7109. He can check and see if the dealer has even submitted the claim and is absolutely great at customer service. Have your vin number when you call.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #3

I would call the factory direct and start a case. You may be surprised but there have been a few prime time warranty claims and the dealer blames prime time but the customer contacted the factory and they have nothing from the dealer. Just recently too. I bought mine in December and found a bent pull out couch frame. Dealer ordered new one and was here in 4 weeks. And that was with the holiday too. They ended up swapping the hole couch. In my opinion there customer svc at my dealer and prime time have been fantastic. Not saying that's the case with yours, but definitely would call pt myself and see what they say. Let us know how it turns out.

Ps.. Just saw you were from Sewell, nj.. Who's your dealer??
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
sji

We have contacted Prime Time in the last week because we doubted the dealer had been making a real effort to resolve issues between them. Prime Time reassured us they would look into it, but today (according to the dealer) they spoke to Prime Time and PT is denying any thing is wrong with the unit. We have a major issue with the trim around 2 of our slides which are bowed in towards the center of the trailer and are rubbing raw the gel coat finish of the unit. The trip from Ind to PA for delivery has rubbed the gel coat off of the passenger side of the trailer. In addition the fabric under the slide is ripped and worn upon delivery of the unit (an ongoing thread on this forum). We also have 2 recliners that are not working and one with a rip and a broken dining room chair and the dealer has not even ordered the replacements yet. There are other minor problems as well.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

Got any pics? Is your dealer stoltzfus??
Old 01-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #6
sji

We called Prime Time today and asked them to forward to us the pictures that the dealer sent to them. We are waiting for their reply. Regretfully I did not take any pictures of the trailer before we dropped it off to the dealer, but we may take the 30 mile trip over there to take some. Again at this time I do not want to name the dealer but if they do not get their act together soon I will post the name for every one to see!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:40 AM   #7

gettalawyernow They have your money and your trailer if I am reading this correctly.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #8

If I'm understanding you correctly, your saying where the slide out comes in and meets the gel coat its rubbing there?? Isn't there a rubber gasket that runs he frame if your slide to seal it to the sidewall if the trailer??

The furniture I don't understand why they would order replacements. I there broke and they agree, they should have been ordered and here by now.

The bottom of the slides rubbing is a known problem with PT. They don't have a fix other than taping up the wear marks and I hear there getting away from the Darco wrap.

I would be all over prime time and the dealer making sure your getting the same stories. Sometimes it's better if you show up unannounced at the dealer and making some heads roll. If they have had it this long and your getting nowhere, that's crap. Ask for managers and if not the owner. Explain your situation like you have to all of us and see what there doing to make it right for you. They say the squeaky wheel gets oiled first, and sometimes that's what you have to do. There not gonna want you there making a scene in there showroom so hopefully this gets resolved.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #9
Site Team

I would call prime time and ask for Shane Imus and have him handle the problem.
Best man there for talking to about problems IMO.
I had a furniture claim and pt said the mfg of the couch denied it.
I saw the denied paper work and called the mfg myself.
I had no problem getting my claim approved for a new cushion for the jacknife couch.
Kinda made me wonder how I got it approved with 1 call when my dealer and pt had weeks and were denied.
But then I too have the slide out wear issue that pt is calling it normal

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #10

I completely agree about Shane Imus. He is just outstanding.

I've had a few warranty issues and each and every one of them has been dealt with on time and with no delays. I ALWAYS communicate with PT and my dealer at the same time. It keeps them both honest.

Be aware that the PT plant shut down yesterday due to weather and they are also shut down today.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #11

Mine has also been at the dealer since the week before Christmas, today I called to see if all the items had been fixed and was told that primetime would not cover box cutter cuts in our awning as they were not seen during the PDI. We didn't see them until the third time we went out and deployed the awning for the first time, there are two cuts exactly one revolution of the drum from each other first one 1.25", second one 3/4". I am having dealer get the fabric for me and they indicated they would work with me on the labor but if I had known this it would have taken me two days to complete the PDI to insure no unseen defects.
They repaired the slideout wear read taped,
I believe these slide outs are manufactured by lippert or are they built by primetime.
I
Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #12

I would have called PT directly. I've had a dealer tell me PT denied a claim. I contacted PT directly and found the claim was never submitted. Dealers say lots of things. Better to contact PT. It's their warranty.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
I would have called PT directly. I've had a dealer tell me PT denied a claim. I contacted PT directly and found the claim was never submitted. Dealers say lots of things. Better to contact PT. It's their warranty.
It's not always the case, but I've found that the communication between my dealer and Sabre was laughable, at best. No wonder a simple decision took a week+.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #14

When I found out the details I sent a customer service form to primetime, I will keep you advised of the outcome if any. I agree with what others have stated these units are exceptional and I would buy one again, hopefully with some fix to the slideout wear issue.
Clif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
A word to the wise. Never, ever take possession of or sign purchasing papers until all items found during a PDI are taken care of. Dealers are not your friend after they get your money and I have read hundreds of posts with issues from the owners that the dealer will not repair in a timely manner. Most of the time it takes months in the shop. Good Luck

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #16
sji

AMEN to that! Ours is still sitting at the dealer from the time of this original post, but hey we are making progress...we are down to one last issue. Hopefully by April we will have our trailer back. We have found that when you call the dealer and they tell you what is happening, immediately call your contact at Prime Time and have it verified. Several times we called Prime Time after speaking with the service dept only to find out a conflicting story. I do not understand why I need to do someone else's job just to bring resolution to this matter. I am learning a lot and will definitely do things differently should I get the opportunity to purchase a new trailer one day.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:24 PM   #17
Site Team

IMO your best chance with primetime is to contact Shane Imus or the RVguy on this forum (Jeff Rank).
If you feel the need to and/or your dealer is General rv (they sell a lot of pt units so im guessing) contact the corporate and go up as high up as you can.

I had a very bad relationship with my dealer and made it into a good one.

What a story line I dealt with...dealers, Rv manufactures and the manufactures who make products for the rv mfg. Just to get things fixed sometimes. UGH

Prime time does make a good unit, better then most (grading on the rv qc curve)and has good service.
But then again Im not to fond of there "floorbrace" plastic weave darco wrap on some of the slideouts.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #18

We bought ours brand new last April. By October we had a laundry list of things that needed repair. It has been at the factory since the 3rd week in October. I am more than disappointed with this company. We were told we would have it back this week - now they are having transport problems and it will be 3 more weeks. Communication has only been one sided. They will not back up their repairs with an extended warranty. Such a shame because it really us a beautiful unit - just not put together very well. Anyone else having these issues??
aimeejpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #19

aimeejpb, that sounds like a terrible situation for sure. A few questions though. Did you have any repairs done at your dealer? If so, I can safely assume that they did not go well. Lastly, who have you been dealing with at PT? The experience you have had runs opposite to the experience many of us have went through.

Either way I do hope that everything is taken care of for you.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
Stupid Lucky

Bought our Crusader last year from a dealing in October and used it for a month in which we created our warranty repair list. Took it to a dealer in our home state of Ohio in February and the Ohio dealer arranged all the warranty work other than the items that they said should have been addressed in the dealer inspection. Called the dealer in NY about these items and on my first call they agreed to have the Ohio dealer fix all but one of the items and write me a check for the cost. The other item, small crack at top of front, was worked out through coordination of the two dealers communicating with Prime Time and Prime Time agreeing to pay for the body work. Picked 5th wheel up last week from dealer and case is closed other than check from NY which I expect in the near future. Both dealers very courteous and customer focused so we are happy campers.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time, warranty