Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #1

Prime Time warranty issues

We got out 230FBS this spring, we like the camper but we have a 3 issues that we are waiting (and waiting and waiting.....) for warranty replacement. Both baggage doors are defective and need to be replaced, microwave only works some of the time (bad keypad?) and the AC fan blew itself apart (made in china of course!). I got tired of waiting so I purchased a U.S. made blade for the AC unit. We hope that Prime Time and our dealer will take care of our issues before next spring, no one seams to give a hoot about parts and service after the sale. Just for kicks I did contact Lippert (they make the baggage doors) and they told me they could get me new doors in about a week but I would have to pay for them. Funny thing is our company can have spare parts delivery to our customer half way across the world in 48 hours....why should it take weeks to get spares from Prime Time. I also don't understand why Prime Time insist on dealing with a RV dealer for spare parts (warranty or not). When we had our Forest River Rockwood 2902SS (2011) I could get warranty replacement parts shipped to me in a few days or I could buy spare parts directly. I have a funny feeling that the warranty on my camper actually ended once my check was deposited.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Always Learning

Send a PM to RV Guy. He can hopefully work some magic on the PTM side of things.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #3

Prime Time warranty issues...rev 01

Here it is a week latter (4 weeks out waiting for parts). Prime Time is suppose to be sending us our replacement baggage doors directly instead of to the dealer, the dealer never got around to ordering our replacement parts for our 2013 Prime Time Tracer 230FBS. So as of today we are with a defective microwave and leaking baggage doors. I did purchase my own replacement AC fan because the one that came with the RV blew itself apart. I was able to get one in 3 days from an RV place...dealer told me 3 to 4 weeks. It might come down to us purchasing a new microwave so we have one to use this year...I will give it one more week. So a word of advice DO NOT purchase anything from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH and think twice about purchasing a Prime Time product as it will take weeks if not months to get any parts. When we had our 2011 Rockwood (also a Forest River line) we were able to get parts delivered to us in under a week and we could use any RV place for warranty service.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #4

Hmmmm.......ALWAYS got my parts direct from Prime Time whether I paid for them or not (warranty) within 2 days.

To get a better understanding, it would be interesting to know your chronology of calls and contacts

I can't believe you're having these problems (not getting parts or service) unless you are not in contact with the right person at Prime Time. If you haven't already, contact them via Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels, with all details and I'm sure someone will get in touch with you.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Hmmmm.......ALWAYS got my parts direct from Prime Time whether I paid for them or not (warranty) within 2 days.

To get a better understanding, it would be interesting to know your chronology of calls and contacts

I can't believe you're having these problems (not getting parts or service) unless you are not in contact with the right person at Prime Time. If you haven't already, contact them via Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels, with all details and I'm sure someone will get in touch with you.
I have been in contact with Prime Time....as of now no one wants to blame any one but the dealer DID NOT order any parts for us. Prime Time is scrambling to at least get us new baggage doors. I keep getting told by the dealer that microwave is in transit (sounds like BS to me ). We keep getting the run around from Cold Springs RV. So to keep our sanity we will probably just buy a new microwave in a week or two. As far as the baggage doors go I will give Prime Time until mid July, then if nothing happens I will order and pay for 2 new baggage doors from Lippert...I already contacted them and they can get me 2 doors in about a week. Poor customer service will lead to lost sales.........
Old 07-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #6

In my experience with boats and RVs, it is often the dealer that is the problem...not the manufacturer. It sounds like that's the case here.

I've had a couple of warranty issues with my Avenger. Once it was in the shop for one month for about 3 hours of labor and a few parts. The other time two months for 6 hours of labor and some parts. Those are long visits...and though the dealer blamed Prime Time, the fact was the dealer was slow ordering parts.

The same thing has happened with boats I've owned....long waits while the dealer blames the manufacturer for holding them up. Then it turns out the dealer hadn't even bothered submitting the warranty claim to get the parts.

It's too bad the public face of the recreational vehicle markets are typically poorly organized businesses designed mostly to rip you off. If you find a good dealer, stick with them...

As for Prime Time, I've had great service when I've dealt directly ordering parts, getting claims approved, etc.
jrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichard View Post
In my experience with boats and RVs, it is often the dealer that is the problem...not the manufacturer. It sounds like that's the case here.

I've had a couple of warranty issues with my Avenger. Once it was in the shop for one month for about 3 hours of labor and a few parts. The other time two months for 6 hours of labor and some parts. Those are long visits...and though the dealer blamed Prime Time, the fact was the dealer was slow ordering parts.

The same thing has happened with boats I've owned....long waits while the dealer blames the manufacturer for holding them up. Then it turns out the dealer hadn't even bothered submitting the warranty claim to get the parts.

It's too bad the public face of the recreational vehicle markets are typically poorly organized businesses designed mostly to rip you off. If you find a good dealer, stick with them...

As for Prime Time, I've had great service when I've dealt directly ordering parts, getting claims approved, etc.
At this point in the game the dealer is to blame for not ordering my parts. I have been trying to contact Cold Springs RV but they do not return my calls or e-mails.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #8

Prime Time warranty issue- resolved

Yesterday July 2 I received all of my parts from Prime Time. They shipped me my replacement parts ( 2 new baggage doors and a new microwave) It took weeks to get the stuff but to make a long story short the dealer dropped the ball on everything. This weekend I will install the new parts. I still don't understand why RV dealers make you wait weeks if not months for service and parts.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
Commercial Member

I can tell you that the dealers have a longer wait for parts than you do....

When you, as an owner, call for parts, you get the front of the line (squeeky wheel gets the grease)

When a dealer calls for parts, we get put on "the list", and whenever they get to shipping the parts, they do.

Heck, I am still waiting for warranty parts from Palomino, that were ordered in April for my personal Columbus.....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote