Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #1

Prime time water filter

One thing I forgot to check and ask when I bought my 318 BHS...does it have a Walter filter or system anyplace installed already ?
I used a regular canister filter hooked up to the water hose outside my old RV...I could do the same thing...but with an inline pressure regulator and the filter..the pressure was really bad.

If this unit already has a filter then I am set.

Any thoughts, recommendations on a good whole unit filter system that has good pressure?

Thanks again...short time I have been on this forum you guys have been great...and I don't even pick up my new unit until march 15....
Yes one more question...is the queen bed a short queen?

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
One thing I forgot to check and ask when I bought my 318 BHS...does it have a Walter filter or system anyplace installed already ?
I used a regular canister filter hooked up to the water hose outside my old RV...I could do the same thing...but with an inline pressure regulator and the filter..the pressure was really bad.

If this unit already has a filter then I am set.

Any thoughts, recommendations on a good whole unit filter system that has good pressure?

Thanks again...short time I have been on this forum you guys have been great...and I don't even pick up my new unit until march 15....
Yes one more question...is the queen bed a short queen?

I don't believe there is a filter already installed on any Lacrosses. I use a hose line filter and a more expensive adjustable pressure regulator after the filter that you can adjust to get the desired pressure to your fixtures.

I'm pretty sure it is a short queen.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #3

Never thought of an adjustable pressure regulator to beef it up...I always have the regulator after the filter though cause I put it on the camper side.

What regulator and filter setup do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the tips..

Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #4

Like rracer5 said, I don't believe any LaCrosse comes with a water filter. I use the in line kind you can buy at wal mart. Works for us.
I had a tt with a filter once. In order to change the filter and/or winterize, I had to crawl half way through the rear pass through storage, remove a panel and reach behind the water heater. I thought about taking it out, but I had to get in there anyway in the spring when getting the tt ready for camping and a filter would last me through the summer.
I much rather do what I do now.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #5

It is a short queen. With the angle of the wall by the head board it feels quite small.
freedom 750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
rracer5, What brand is your adjustable water pressure device and where did you purchase it from?

With newer TT and such, is it still recommended to use a water pressure regulator on the incoming city water line?
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2018 Highland Ridge 275 Light
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Hob

I always use a pressure regulator. Some parks have ridiculously high water pressure. This tends to happen if the park is a lot lower in altitude than the surrounding community. I don't understand but have been told even city water gains pressure on a downhill slope.

Best Regards,

Hob
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #8

It's alway good to use a regulator. I have been researching and found the adjustable regulator is not holding up to well. I just bought a regular gauge to put on first so I can see the pressure...then I'll hook my filter up...and put the regulator on after the filter. The regulator I bought also has a gauge on it as well, but is pre set at 40-50 psi...hopefully this will give me the results I want...

Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #9

Gr, do you notice any pressure drop with your filter setup? I did in my old camper...I actually stopped using a pressure regulator. Made me a little nervous doing that. I want to accomplish high flow, good pressure, and safety all in one..

Old 02-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
rracer5, What brand is your adjustable water pressure device and where did you purchase it from?

With newer TT and such, is it still recommended to use a water pressure regulator on the incoming city water line?

I picked up the Valterra adjustable regulator at Camping World one day when I was there. I've used it 4 times so far. Later, when I got on CW's web site, I saw it didn't get good reviews.....time will tell I guess.
With the "cheaper" kind I found that the pressure would creep up through the regulator anyway. We would get a shot of high pressure when first turning a faucet then it would drop down to less than the 40 lb preset.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time