Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #1

Thumbs up Prime Time's Customer Service

Fellow FRF memeber crocus recently started several threads where he found places on his unit that he felt needed additional caulking. I found his posts very insightful, so I started checking my tt out to do the same. Of course a disscusion came up on the proper caulk to use.
I needed to contact Prime Time on another issue so I thought I might as well ask them what caulk they rcommended. Brandon York, a Prime Time service tech, called me the next business day and we discussed what I was wanting to do and what caulk would be best to use. He insisted that he send me 2 tubes of the same caulk they use when building the trailers as well as 2 tubes of Dicor for the roof for future maintenance. I explained to him I wasn't looking for any freebies, just wanted to make sure I was using the correct caulk and that I was willing to pay for it. He stated that customer satisfaction was a priority at Prime Time and they are willing to do anything within reason, which includes sending me the caulk I need.

It seems too often we, myself included, are quick to complain when we think we are wronged and it's not often enough we give credit to those who deserve it. I won't go as far as saying I feel lucky that I have a manufacturer that is willing to stand behind their product and are willing to satisfy their customers because I feel that should be the norm. But I feel I should at least be as willing, or actually more willing, to acknowledge those that are trying to do their job correctly. In this case I do feel they are going above and beyond by sending the caulk I need at no charge.

I also won't go as far as saying that Prime Time makes a better trailer than anyone else, but so far I am very satisfied with mine. I will go as far to say their customer service has been second to none.

Thanks to Brandon York and Prime Time.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Kev

Sounds like fantastic customer service to me...hope if I need to that my Surveyor will get me the same service.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Sounds like fantastic customer service to me...hope if I need to that my Surveyor will get me the same service.
Hope you won't need to, but if you do I hope you and everyone else as well, receive the same service I have.

I actually had about a 20 minute converstion with Brandon. He explained that they have caulked all neccassary areas, but understood my concerns and even gave some suggestions. I appologized for being a pest with such a minor issue and he said, "It's no problem. Feel free to call him if I have any questions at all about anything." He said it's his job to help and they want to make sure that their customers are satisfied with their trailers.

I actually emailed them to thank them for some drawer guides they had sent me when I asked about the caulk. I had 1 kitchen drawer that was hard to open and shut. After I emailed them I had the new guides within a week, free of charge of course.

Really nice guy and easy to talk to.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #4

I can say the same thing about Cardinal. I've found that they go out of their way to be helpful. It must be in the Forest River culture.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler II View Post
I can say the same thing about Cardinal. I've found that they go out of their way to be helpful. It must be in the Forest River culture.
That's great to hear.
Several people have posted that a dealer's and manufactuer's response to problems is a big factor when choosing what brand and where to buy. Hopefully this thread and others like it will help anyone who is in the market and hasn't decided on brand or dealer yet.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #6

What is the caulk they use.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Infractee

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound of Sound View Post
What is the caulk they use.
I was just gonna ask the same question!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #8

When I told Brandon that I would purchase the caulk just let me know the brand name, he insisted that he send it to me and never told the name. When I get it I'll post on here what it is.

I do know that the roof caulk he's sending is the Dicor Self Leveling Sealant. I told him I have about ¾'s of a tube, but he said he'll still send a couple of tubes of that as well.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #9

Received the caulk today. 2 Tubes of Dicor Self Leveling Sealant for the roof and 2 tubes of TremPro 644 RTV Silicone.

It's made by TREMCO and they have 2 addresses, one in Ohio and one in Toronto. It states applications are for wood, porcelain, glass, metal, granite, corian and electrical insulation.

This is the caulk that Brandon York said Prime Time uses when building the trailers.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #10

The dealer installed my equalizer hitch link plates too tight and the two outside link plates bent bringing the trailer home. I did the same thing as OP, wasn't looking for handouts, but Dan (customer service rep at Progress Manufacturing) sent me two new brackets for free anyway. I took it apart and installed it properly and haven't had a problem since. Thanks to Dan and Progress.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
WJC

I`m glade to here you like the service, I purchased a tracer BHD, after doing some research and reading there web page about seek a leak and there rain bay, also having the model we were looking for, after the first rain we did have some water in the trailer, I also contacted Brandon York who stated he would work with the dealer and would fix the problem, they replaced the seals on both slides and the problem was solved. I was also happy dealing with Brandon and my dealer and think the quality of the trailer and the service is excellent.
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #12

Folks I sure do appreciate this thread. We just traded in our Jayco for a Tracer 2670 BHS. My experience with Jayco was excellent and I was a bit concerned about the switch in manufacturer. Sounds like I need to stop worrying about the service after the sale, and start making plans for our maiden voyage in our new Tracer!
2 Wilderness Systems Kayaks
Nights Spent Camping in 2011 (19), 2012 (16)
https://www.armadillotimes.com
HondoPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoPatrick View Post
Folks I sure do appreciate this thread. We just traded in our Jayco for a Tracer 2670 BHS. My experience with Jayco was excellent and I was a bit concerned about the switch in manufacturer. Sounds like I need to stop worrying about the service after the sale, and start making plans for our maiden voyage in our new Tracer!
Congrats to both of you, WJC & HondoPatrick, on the new trailers! Post some pics when you can. We love pics!

Jayco has a good reputation, trailers and service, but I think you won't be disapointed with your Tracer and PT's customer service.
WJC, I was also impressed with their testing of each trailer coming off the line and then each is sent to a different facility and tested again. Dealers are also required to preasure test all systems before putting the trailers on the lot for sell.
Before my dealer tested the trailer I got a chance to check it out and the water lines were still holding air pressure.

Good luck and happy camping!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
WJC

Thanks for the congrats and congrats to you both, i think your going to like your tracer they pull really nice very surprised, we did`nt see any Lacrosse`s until sfter we bought ours, they are really nice looking , although a little heaver than the tracers there weight is still lighter than alot of trailers out there and can be towed by a half ton vehicle. Our first or Madden voyage was from Jersey to Florida in November, and it went flawless, not one problem, but once we got home it got cold and we`ve had snow ever since! I`m jealous seeing where you both are from, we have to wait another two months to break out the trailer, we actually have about six inches of snow still on the trailer. I`m going to try to post some pictures but i`m not to technical we`ll see what happens.
Enjoy your camping!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #15

Your maiden trip sounded great. Glad the trailer worked well for you. So far we really like the LaCrosse. Especially the features that came with the Touring Edition package.

We have some pretty nice weather here in Oklahoma. Like last weekend we had temps in the mid 70's. Tuesday we had a storm come through that dumped 6" of sleet and snow on us. Tonight may get below 0°, single digits for sure. We just have to be ready for anything because as I mentioned, the weather can turn 180° in just a couple of days.

I usually take my first trip out the first or second week in March, so maybe another month or so.

Good luck and happy camping.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #16
preacherpaul

How about another great experience. We picked up our new Silverback 29re on Dec.23rd. We went straight to the campground only to find out at 10pm that the furnace had quit working. We called our salesman to see if it was something we did wrong. The dealer had a service tech at the campground in thirty minutes. He couldn't fix the furnace there and the temperature was in the low twenties, so he removed the furnace, took it to the shop, replaced mother-board, and had it back and working in the wee hours of Christmas Eve. As far as I'm concerned the service from Right Stop RV was above and beyond.
preacherpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #17
WJC

Congrats preacher, it sounds like you got a great dealer and thats a beauty of a fifth wheel, prior to the trailer i have now it was a nightmare with the last two dealers never had the trailers fix right. It looks like I found a good dealer and good trailer company I guess time will tell! Good luck with your trailer and have fun camping!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherpaul View Post
How about another great experience. We picked up our new Silverback 29re on Dec.23rd. We went straight to the campground only to find out at 10pm that the furnace had quit working. We called our salesman to see if it was something we did wrong. The dealer had a service tech at the campground in thirty minutes. He couldn't fix the furnace there and the temperature was in the low twenties, so he removed the furnace, took it to the shop, replaced mother-board, and had it back and working in the wee hours of Christmas Eve. As far as I'm concerned the service from Right Stop RV was above and beyond.
Great to hear you found a dealer who cares. Maybe others in your area will benifit from your post.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #19

A few more PT and maybe we can get our own section...LOL!!!!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #20

I have a 318BHS T-Ed. We love it so far. Brandon has been great at answering questions for me!

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1022001255.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	4399  
foxhead is offline   Reply With Quote