Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

Primetime Crusader Problems

Looking for info we purchased our first 5th wheel camper. We have used it twice
Problems, one slide cut floor about 6", another is leaving scuff marks on floor,Black water tank flush doesn,t work, can't fill fresh water tank, leveling system is off 3" front to Rear, cracks in jelcoat, windows open extremely hard they want to bring back to factory in fall to repair what do people think about this looking for ideas to help out thanks
rogw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #2

We have a 2016 Prime Time Crusader and are now just finishing a 17-day trip in six states. Issues that I have found is that my cable is not hooked up correctly I only get the cable to work in the living area and all I get is cable if hooked up at a camp site but no TV by air at all. Other two TV locates bedroom and bunk house only get TV by air and will not get cable no idea why. Second my Auto leveling is not functioning correctly either right rear jack is over extending. If the wheels are not 100% level the system will not level not sure what’s going on. Under both slides the black Darco wrap is starting to show a bit of ware (common problem). My sound bar stopped working as well. Before the trip I did a roof inspection and found three locations were I needed lap sealant. Other than that our Crusader has been ok. I know when you purchase any RV regardless of brand they all have issues it’s just how it is. So far we have spent 19 nights on our new Crusader that was purchased in May of this year. Hope to get the minor issues ironed out because we have a few more trips planned this year.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

Like esmoglo has stated, they all, rv's in general, seem to have issues. If you read some of the other discussions the problems can occur in any area. I think for Prime Time to agree to repair your faulty items and systems is a real plus. Others seem to have not been so fortunate. We have a 2015 Crusader 294 RLT. it too has had some issues, all taken care of under warranty. Just off warranty now, cap beginning to fade, called Prime Time they said cap has 30 month warranty. We will be having that repainted this fall. Overall, for the price the unit is comparable to many other brands out there. Keep up with PM, and hopefully problems will be minor.
xcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:12 AM   #4
DDC

I think your dealer is terrible, all of that should have been picked up on a PDI. Sorry you have been left with it, we all expect problems it is a poor system of assembly, how they expect 8 hours of work to be done properly in 3 1/2 to 4 hours so the employee can leave is the main reason for poor quality.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #5

I forgot to mention that my black tank i sensor is not wired correctly on the control panel in order for me to get a reading on the black tank I have to switch the panel to Black two and press the gray button and I can get a reading on the status of the tank it should be under the black one or black on the panel but that doesn't work that way. Since I'm able to read it on an another switch I'm just gonna leave it alone that's an easy workaround . I'll be honest with you I don't know how these coaches get tested before they leave the factory because had a more methodical process on checking the systems none of these issues would happen .
Old 07-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogw View Post
Looking for info we purchased our first 5th wheel camper. We have used it twice
Problems, one slide cut floor about 6", another is leaving scuff marks on floor,Black water tank flush doesn,t work, can't fill fresh water tank, leveling system is off 3" front to Rear, cracks in jelcoat, windows open extremely hard they want to bring back to factory in fall to repair what do people think about this looking for ideas to help out thanks
Not sure if you are aware but the auto level must be calibrated first.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post
Not sure if you are aware but the auto level must be calibrated first.
Can it loose calibration? Is this a do it your self kind of deal? I may want to try this before I take it in becasue mine was working just fine now I need to do it manually.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Can it loose calibration? Is this a do it your self kind of deal? I may want to try this before I take it in becasue mine was working just fine now I need to do it manually.
Yes you can do it if you have the same one as I do.

Here is the manual for mine
http://www.lci1.com/images/support/m...ers_Manual.pdf

And here are the specific instructions for calibrating within the manual

Zero setting the control
1.Turn “ON/OFF” button “OFF”.
2.Push “FRONT” button 10 times.
3.Push “REAR” button 10 times.
4.Control will flash and beep, LCD says “ZERO POINT CALIBRATE”.
5.Manually operate the jacks to attain unit level condition (use carpenter’s level).
6.To memorize this level condition , press “ENTER”.
7.LCD says “ZERO POINT STABILITY SUCCESSFULLY SET”.
8.The control will then turn off.
9.Turn “ON/OFF” on to commence operation

Old 07-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #9

Thanks got it will try hope it works VS having to take it to the dealership
Old 07-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #10

Read thru the manual, it has some helpful hints. I printed a copy and keep it on board.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #11

After the calibration the unit will auto level without the need to control it manually however I do get a check stabilize message after it's completedz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	113234  
Old 07-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #12

Quote:
After the calibration the unit will auto level without the need to control it manually however I do get a check stabilize message after it's completedz

Look at the top of page 5 of the manual I posted, I believe it is telling you the unit is now level so check your stabilizers (ie JT Strongarms) if you have them installed. I think it is a normal display. Sorry, but I never go look at the display once I hear the level complete beeper go off.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #13

Quote:

That indicates to me that the system is sensing that one or both of the rear stabilizers does not have equal pressure on the ground compared to the others. I believe you mentioned in a previous post that one rear stabilizer wasn't touching the ground. So, you may have a defective stabilizer or air in the line (if it's hydraulic).
Do you have the 6 point hydraulic "Level Up" system or 4 point with the electric front landing gear?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #14

After re-calibration of the system all jacks are touching just fine guess the system looses memory? Used auto level now two more times works fine. What was happening is the left side of the RV was over extending the left rear jack that was lifting up the two tires. I called lippert components and per their recommendation they said to try the re-calibration and it worked like a charm.

Side note worked on the cable issue now I get AIR on all three TV locations and Cable on all three locations in the RV looks like the factory just put the wires together without even trying to get it right not supersized took about an hour to to fix with a cable tester with shunt. Fixing it myself saves me the hassle on taking the unit to the dealer. I allays try to fix any minor issues on my own first.

Few photos from the road this far we are very happy with our 5er...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3077.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	113432   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	606.5 KB
ID:	113433   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	113434  
Old 07-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #15

Quote:
After re-calibration of the system all jacks are touching just fine guess the system looses memory? Used auto level now two more times works fine. What was happening is the left side of the RV was over extending the left rear jack that was lifting up the two tires. I called lippert components and per their recommendation they said to try the re-calibration and it worked like a charm.

Side note worked on the cable issue now I get AIR on all three TV locations and Cable on all three locations in the RV looks like the factory just put the wires together without even trying to get it right not supersized took about an hour to to fix with a cable tester with shunt. Fixing it myself saves me the hassle on taking the unit to the dealer. I allays try to fix any minor issues on my own first.

Glad to hear you are on the road to getting all of your issues straightened out Esmo....Very nice campsites, what part of the world ar you in?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:49 PM   #16

I’m in South FLA, top photo is the KOA music valley drive in Nashville TN, second photo is Silver Springs State Park in Florida and the gas station I don’t recall. We took our 5er from South FL, to central FL, then Stone Mountain GA, Then Nashville TN, Pigeon Forge TN, passed thru NC, then camped in SC, then back to St. Augustine FL, Melbourne FL, and back home to Ft. Lauderdale needless to say the Crusader got a work out.

Last photo is of Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort we stayed here for 4 nights very nice & right at the waters edge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1N0A0418adj.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	113452  
Old 07-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #17

Quote:

I find if I'm not already pretty level (within 1 degree) that my auto-level will try to lift the trailer off the ground. It isn't a very smart system sometimes. I added two graduated levels inside my bay by the controller. Then I use my Andersen Camper Levelers to get within 1 degree and then I auto-level.

Hopkins Graduated Levels

Andersen Camper Leveler

Tags
crusader